Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Keith E. Biggs, DC

SubjectDate Asked
forward head position and rounded base of neck??8/29/2016
  Q: We are most appreciative. My young son just showed me that my neck goes forward. Perusing the ...
  A: It is impossible to make a full diagnosis of what is truly going on simply by listening to or ...
Scoliosis5/23/2016
  Q: I am wondering if chiropractic care can help reduce the curve of the spine? I have a bad curve in ...
  A: Good morning. It is my opinion that adjustments alone will not reduce the curvature of your spine. ...
Spine2/25/2016
  Q: Are spinal realignments dangerous at all? Do chiropractors largely relieve pain or do they handle ...
  A: There is danger in everything, so yes, there is danger in chiropractic adjustments. Yes, ...
My back and neck2/14/2016
  Q: Biggs, my name is Sarah, and I actually have quite a bit of questions for you. I have been having ...
  A: I wish that I had perfect answers for you, but I don't. There are a lot of possible reasons why you ...
Neck and back issues11/27/2015
  Q: Biggs, Over the past couple weeks I've had a fair bit of pain in the lower part of the left part of ...
  A: It does sound like you are suffering potentially from radiculopathy, or nerve pain at the nerve root ...
Strengthen lower back4/23/2015
  Q: My construction job, for the past 30 years, has involved setting up heavy ladders and climbing those ...
  A: Jeff, please excuse my absence from the forum for a while. Regarding yourWhat can I do to ...
Back pain2/24/2015
  Q: I have recently experienced that when I move from side to side twisting my back there is a strange ...
  A: 1) Yes, you should have this checked out. 2) Yes, bad posture and a bad mattress can contribute to ...
Extreme Neck Problem10/22/2014
  Q: I recently discovered that my 15 year old daughter has a negative 22 degree curve in her neck... ...
  A: First of all, lets talk about the -22 cervical curve. Normal cervical spine lordosis (neck curve, ...
Neurofeedback for OCD10/4/2014
  Q: we are trying to find our if neurofeedback is in fact effective for OCD/anxiety, and if there is any ...
  A: I am sorry but I don't have any experience in Neuro feedback for any conditions. You have to ...
MRI interpretation9/22/2014
  Q: Just received MRI results. Can you please put in simple terms and offer possible fix / solutions? ...
  A: The difficulty is that MRI's are of little value unless correlated clinically through a good history ...
sacral pain8/18/2014
  Q: I think I may have sent this question to you before but I gave my old email address which I found is ...
  A: I am sorry about your pain. The difficulty is that it is impossible, really, to diagnose you and ...
neck noises/Activator7/28/2014
  Q: I was hit 3 times down the back of my neck with an Activator and then stretched right and left. I ...
  A: First of all, I have no background information. What brought you to the chiropractor in the first ...
left shoulder blade pain5/29/2014
  Q: i have been having this shoulder blade pain off and on for months now. at first it was so painful i ...
  A: It is impossible for me to tell you what the best treatment is because I don' know what the ...
ultralign/pro adjuster4/4/2014
  Q: i went to the chiropractor about my neck pain. after x-rays i was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. he ...
  A: The length of care, first of all, depends a lot upon your outcome goals. First of all, please be ...
Spinal Traction for Lumbar3/17/2014
  Q: I had severe lower back pain years back, when I was playing competitive softball. Recently, the ...
  A: Radiographs of the lumbar spine do not tell the whole picture of what is going on with your back, ...
Should she have surgery?1/8/2014
  Q: My mom(age 67) took MRA and was diagnosed as "Spinal Stenosis"...She was told that #4 ~ #5 has an ...
  A: Spinal stenosis is a chronic on-going condition. It is usually due to degenerative wear and tear on ...
Knee injury12/30/2013
  Q: Recently I ran down a steep hill stumble and fell. I felt my right knee pop and there was pain. I ...
  A: I am sorry about the knee injury. I took a quick look at the one image that you sent to me. There ...
hip12/17/2013
  Q: Also I have been getting tigtness in my groin/hip area as in someting is getting pulled..Kinda feels ...
  A: There are so many reasons why your hip might be painful and clicking. Consider the following: 1) ...
nerve damage in left shoulder12/11/2013
  Q: I was in a car accident, it wasn't my fault and I was the driver with my seatbelt on. The other car ...
  A: I am sorry about your pain and injury. It sounds like it has caused you a lot of trouble, and for ...
Numbness in right shin10/5/2013
  Q: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my whole right shin is numb. It isn't completely numb where I can't ...
  A: Leah, I am sorry about your leg symptoms... and sorry that it took a while to get back to you. I ...
slipping rib9/6/2013
  Q: about a year I started having a bloating feeling in my upper right abdomen. Over the course of the ...
  A: Jared, I am sorry about your pain. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to give you a reliable ...
Extreme back pain after broken ribs?9/2/2013
  Q: Like the title says, I broke a few ribs and now have a almost incapacitating pain from right next to ...
  A: .. I am so sorry that you are hurting, but there is very little information to go on in your ...
Scoliosis7/22/2013
  Q: ) I have scoliosis, and had it all my life. I had/have to always wear lifts in my shoes to keep my ...
  A: I am sorry about the scoliosis. This is a chronic problem, and it will put chronic stress on your ...
Chiropractic Adjustments4/26/2013
  Q: My friend was recently involved in a car accident. as a result of the accident he suffered 3 ...
  A: I understand your concern for your friend. I am sorry that he was hurt so badly. To be honest, he ...
Hip locking/stiffness and leg/knee pain4/11/2013
  Q: I am writing to ask for your advice on an ongoing issue that I so far have not found any answers to ...
  A: It is impossible to diagnose you simply through a list of symptoms, although I appreciate the fact ...
Sciatica or..?2/18/2013
  Q: I am suffering from Sciatica from 8th Feb 2013. My age is 57. I felt severe pain in my back and left ...
  A: I am sorry about the leg pain. This definitely could the "sciatica", as you say. Sciatica is pain ...
Knee Pain2/17/2013
  Q: I was in a car accident three weeks and three days ago my knee hit the dash board. I have new ...
  A: I am so sorry about your injury. So many people have knee injuries in car accidents. I have one in ...
My neck doesn't curve.2/6/2013
  Q: I am 17 years old and I've recently been to a chiropractor because I have been getting many ...
  A: I am sorry about your headaches. Yes, perhaps the chiropractic care will help you with the ...
Middle back pain, buffalo hump and chronic hives/urticaria /angeioedema2/5/2013
  Q: I have suffered from chronic hives/angieoedema and urticaria for 6 years. I have had to have steroid ...
  A: I am sorry about all the suffering. It is imposible to diagnose and treat through the internet, but ...
What tests should be taken2/4/2013
  Q: Years ago after I awaken from egd procedure, I experience neck pain and lower back pain everytime ...
  A: There is very little to go on here, so I hope that you understand that I cannot give you a diagnosis ...
Acute sudden low back pain1/23/2013
  Q: I'm 66 and in excellent health. Daily runner (40 miles or so a week), life weights 3 times a week ...
  A: Nothing is out of place. This is a misconception that a lot of people and chiropractors perpetrate. ...
MRI SCan Lumber spine results1/22/2013
  Q: am 32 yrs old , have a lower back problem for close to 18months. i recently had an MRI scan and ...
  A: I believe that your doctor is correct. A physiologist would work with you to try and improve ...
Posterior fusion defect12/31/2012
  Q: I just wanted to know if you would be able to tell me what a posterior fusion defect of the T12 is? ...
  A: Please forgive my tardiness. I answered this question before, but evidently it didn't go through to ...
SI joint subluxation12/30/2012
  Q: I am female 55yrs old. For the past 3 months I could hardly move from the pain and didn't know what ...
  A: I personally am not a big fan of the SI joint subluxation diagnosis. Based on what you are telling ...
Pain12/29/2012
  Q: I was walking and was hit from behind. I continue to have tailbone pain and ischial l tuberosity ...
  A: I am sorry that you were injured. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery. MRI studies and X-ray ...
Neck popping and numbness12/28/2012
  Q: I recently experienced recurring numbness on my right side that warranted a trip to the ER.  After ...
  A: I am glad that you went to the ER to rule out more serious problems, although I am sorry that you ...
Low back pain questions and MRI12/14/2012
  Q: I've been seeing a Chiropractor for over a year for lower back problems. Here are some of the ...
  A: Yes, you are making too light of your injuries and lower back troubles. Don't worry, everyone does. ...
SHOULD BLADE MUSCLE PAIN12/5/2012
  Q: Biggs! Thank you for your time. I am a 41 year old female. I've had, what feels like, muscle pain ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear about your pain! This is not fun, I am sure. Although it is impossible to ...
Question11/30/2012
  Q: I live in the US but a relative of mine lives in Egypt. She came down with strange symptoms and no ...
  A: Wow... this is a difficult one. First of all because it is impossible to see the patient, and ...
mattress for scoliosis10/27/2012
  Q: Biggs, My 20-yr old son has mild scoliosis and we're about to buy him a new mattress. Do you have ...
  A: This is the question that I get all of the time in private practice, and the truth of the matter is ...
protrusion’ at L5/S1 on the right side.10/23/2012
  Q: My clinical view: Strong pain in the right leg only during some activities (bending or sitting for ...
  A: The short answer is that it takes months to years for a disc to heal. The truth is that when a disc ...
Hip adjustments after back surgery10/19/2012
  Q: I had back surgery one month ago which involved a herniated disc at the L4/L5 area and a removal of ...
  A: One month since surgery of the spine is a very short period of time. If I were you, I would tell ...
MRI result10/8/2012
  Q: I am 48 years old, my weight is 74 kg and my height is 159 cm. I am a mother of 6 beautiful kids and ...
  A: There are a couple of things going on here. First of all, you are having a lot of lower back disc ...
pain between ribs9/30/2012
  Q: my mum has constant back pain. The pain is roughly between her 9th and 10th rib on the right side. ...
  A: I wish that I could tell you what is the cause of your mother's pain, but this is impossible! A ...
Carpal/Cubital Tunnel Problem9/27/2012
  Q: I injured my Ulnar nerve on my left hand nearly 5 months back. I had tingling feeling at my small ...
  A: I am sorry for your arm pain. Thank you for the detailed description of your symptoms and what you ...
Tip of right thumb is numb9/14/2012
  Q: I was brushing my teeth this morning and right after I was finished, I noticed that the tip of my ...
  A: Numbness in the tip of the thumb could be the result of a bruised nerve in the tip of the thumb, but ...
neck, shoulder, elbow and back pain9/4/2012
  Q: i was diagnosed as having disc disease about ten years ago. I have been on meds since then, because ...
  A: I am sorry that you are having so much pain. You actually likely answered your own question in your ...
MRI translation9/3/2012
  Q: I have had lower back pain for years. Each time, when it really hurts, is when I have bent over. I ...
  A: The right step is different for every person, but here is the order of things, as I see them: 1) ...
Back pain MRI8/28/2012
  Q: I have suffered from occasional back pain which usually is cured with a week or so from the attack ...
  A: It sounds to me, and appears to be supported by your MRI results, that you are suffering substantial ...
Problem with 13 Year Old8/24/2012
  Q: My 13 yo complains with pain in her hands all the time. She says they go numb and then hurt really ...
  A: I understand your frustration with this. Sometimes it is very difficult to come up with a ...
popping sensation in ribs8/23/2012
  Q: For the past year or so I have had this constant slight popping sensation with every exhale in the ...
  A: please forgive my lateness in response. I have been swamped at the practice. Lots of people have ...
chest pains8/22/2012
  Q: i have been having chest pain that starts on right side above breast and then move across my chest ...
  A: The short answer is "NO", I can't tell you what the cause of your chest pain is... and I hope that ...
extreme neck and scapula pain with finger numbness8/21/2012
  Q: I was reaching across a pt at work 12 weeks ago and felt immediate pain, burning and tingling in my ...
  A: Any time that symptoms are extending into the arms and hands, radiating from the neck region, it ...
scoliosis8/7/2012
  Q: My son is 15 in puberty and growing. He has a physical every year at school and the nurse and doctor ...
  A: I understand your concern regarding the exposure and cost of an x-ray study. I have a tendency to ...
Bone Popping7/28/2012
  Q: I just turned 24 years old and I a experiencing bone popping whenever I move in both of my ...
  A: I find it odd that you are getting popping sensations in so many different joints all at the same ...
Regular cracking / popping sound in shoulde7/28/2012
  Q: I have a question and it has been going on for 3-4 years now. Kindly note that this did not happen ...
  A: Popping and clicking in the shoulder could be many different things. Sometimes popping and clicking ...
response7/17/2012
  Q: Dr Biggs, just received a response saying you previously answered my question.And suggested things I ...
  A: I am sorry that you didn't get the answer. Here is a copy of what I sent earlier. Dr. Biggs Dear ...
Treated for L5/S1 bulging disc, twisted coccyx and tilted pelvis.7/12/2012
  Q: I am currently being treated for a twisted coccyx and forward leaning pelvis for the past 4 months. ...
  A: I am sorry for your pain. Let me help you to at least understand some of the issues. First of all, ...
MRI INTERPRETATION7/5/2012
  Q: Help, can you translate my MRI report to a patient perspective? FINDINGS: The patient shows a ...
  A: Here is the translation, in a nutshell: You have degenerative arthritis in the lower back. The MRI ...
Neurology6/15/2012
  Q: A very Good Morning, My mother now aged 75 years underwent lumbar ...
  A: Vageeswaran, Please be aware that much of what I am going to tell you is simply opinion and of ...
severe back pain6/13/2012
  Q: I was injured in an automobile accident 9 yrs ago. I have done numerous physical therapy treatments ...
  A: I am sorry that you sustained injuries in the accident several years ago. Let me help you to ...
Wrist/Arm pain6/10/2012
  Q: I have had a cyst on my left wrist, which is my dominant hand, since I was 11. At 12, I went to a ...
  A: There are very common cysts that have a tendency to form in the wrist area. We use to call them ...
Lower back pain6/6/2012
  Q: Doctor my case is complicated and hope u could proffer a lasting solution to my problems. I am a 34- ...
  A: I am sorry that you are having such trouble with your lower back. Yes, low back pain can be quite ...
mri report and x-ray report5/16/2012
  Q: Keith, c4-5:There is a small focal right paracentral disk protrusion indenting on the thecal sac no ...
  A: I am sorry for the difficulty that you have been experiencing. It is a shame that your doctors did ...
slipped disc causing severe leg pain -left leg5/14/2012
  Q: My Question.. What is the cure for slipped disc and can MRI confirm traction will not suffice as a ...
  A: MRI cannot confirm that any form of treatment will or will not be successful in treatment. There ...
Loss of tricep function post accident5/12/2012
  Q: 6 weeks ago I had an accident mountain bilking and broke the c7 vertebra as well as suffering ...
  A: I wish that I had a good answer for you, but the prognosis is dependent upon the type of fractures. ...
Years of pain in tailbone area5/9/2012
  Q: I have been having what seems pretty serious problems with my tailbone. I am 21 years old and my ...
  A: The diagnosis and treatment of pain related to tailbone injury or pathology can be difficult. The ...
Numbness and tingling in lower left leg4/30/2012
  Q: I am a 26-year-old female who is having numbness and tingling in my lower left leg. It started about ...
  A: Sometimes symptoms like this are hard to define, track down, and diagnose. Yes, it is possible that ...
debilitating shoulder and arm pain after lateral whiplash accident4/20/2012
  Q: Twelve years ago, I was pushed off the highway by a truck (lateral impact). An hour later, I started ...
  A: You are going through what a lot of people go through. Some lesions or injuries are hard to ...
Bedding4/17/2012
  Q: Do you know much about matresses by chance? I am in the market for a new mattress, but it doesn't ...
  A: You are absolutely right. Everyone has an opinion, and they are ALL biased, including mine. I often ...
MRI results4/9/2012
  Q: Just received MRI results which show L3-L4 Disc Bulge with ligamentum flavum and degenerative facet ...
  A: Usually the Tarlov cyst is nothing to worry about, but it is always a good idea to have them looked ...
Treating Scoliosis with Chin Up Exercises.4/7/2012
  Q: I know someone who was recently diagnosed with a mild scoliosis with the spine bent inwards from the ...
  A: There are many causes of scoliosis, including congenital hemi-vertebra, kyphosis, unequal leg ...
neck pain for more than 2 years3/27/2012
  Q: i am having neck pain for more than 2 years,i cant stand or sit for long time because the pain is ...
  A: I am sorry that you are having such trouble with your neck. If your medical doctors are anything ...
Straightened Curvature (cervical x-ray)3/22/2012
  Q: I am writing this email from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. My wife (38) has been suffering from intense ...
  A: Tesfu, I wish that I had the perfect answer for you. I am sorry for the suffering that your wife ...
posture and or pain3/21/2012
  Q: im 41 years old and i drive for a living and i just notice sometimes im achy and sore for not much ...
  A: 41 is not old. There typically are causes for lower back pain, the most common of which are ...
Pain and total body numbness3/20/2012
  Q: I am a 52 year old female, mother of six. I have been active all my life, running marathons for ...
  A: With your past history, you need to pursue the neurologist pathway until he/she exhausts all ...
Fixing posture causing upper back discomfort?3/19/2012
  Q: Recently, I've been attempting to fix my slouching posture that caused me lower back pain. My low ...
  A: There is not much for me to go on here... but I will give you some thoughts. Yes, a change in ...
Knee Numbness3/19/2012
  Q: My name is LaToiya and I am a 29 year old female. My question today is about knee numbness. I wear ...
  A: Yes, this can be healed, and you can do it yourself, right now, without any help from any expensive ...
Spasms????3/17/2012
  Q: since august of last year, went to the family doctors with my head stuck to my,shoulder and all the ...
  A: Sorry about the neck problems. I understand that you want to treat the cause and not just the ...
MRI results3/14/2012
  Q: I just don't understand the results in normal terms. Could you help me? It was an MRI on my lower ...
  A: In order to understand the results of the MRI testing, you have to have a basic understanding of ...
neck/shoulder difficulty (c5 - c6?)3/13/2012
  Q: I recently woke up with a stiff neck. No trauma involved. Been to a doctor and orthopedic surgeon. ...
  A: There are several things that you might consider in your situation. First of all, you indicate that ...
Locked leg joint3/11/2012
  Q: I have been diagnosed with arthritis in the hip and also sciolosis. Normally these do not give me ...
  A: I am sorry about your hip pain. The key to your problem actually lies in the diagnosis. You ...
Ear pain after OMT treatment3/8/2012
  Q: I had OMT done on my neck for headaches yesterday and last night i started getting a horrible ear ...
  A: It is impossible for me to know if there is "something wrong" in your case, but I can tell you that ...
Dislocated Rib-Anterior3/1/2012
  Q: I believe I have a dislocated rib or badly damaged cartilage in my 2nd/3rd vertebra on the ...
  A: Your Osteopath is correct. Most rib issues are related to the joint at the spine. I have performed ...
burning sensation in deltoid when training which branches out to shoulder, bicep, tricep, forearm in left arm2/29/2012
  Q: biggs my name is zia and i am 16, 2 months ago i began to feel sharp pain in my left shoulder whilst ...
  A: Sorry about the shoulder pain. Have you been examined by a doctor? Since you are involved in a ...
Back Pain2/28/2012
  Q: Biggs I have suffered from lower back pain for around 5 months now and gone to several ...
  A: I have found that a lot of nagging, ongoing spinal issues involve disc bulges or herniations. You ...
left arm numb area and sharp pain2/27/2012
  Q: For the past 3 weeks, I've had trouble with my left arm. At first I was getting a sharp electric ...
  A: RB, There could be several things going on, including spinal problems and shoulder problems. You ...
MRI2/27/2012
  Q: I also had severe pain in my SI joint as well as sciatic pain which lasted for several mths before ...
  A: and for the details regarding your MRI. You have several degenerative discs. They never do ...
Facing lot of problems due to spina bifida and sacralisation of l5.2/26/2012
  Q: Respected sir, my name is mohit and i'm 17. I have pain in my lower back since 2 years. When ...
  A: Mohit, I am sorry to hear that you are having so much pain. Unfortunately, even though you have ...
Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Process, Diagnosis 25 Year old female2/20/2012
  Q: Background:I am a 25 year old female who started experiencing severe pain and debilitating fatigue ...
  A: I am not sure that I have all the answers for you either. I will tell you what I can, but since I ...
numbness in fingertips2/14/2012
  Q: H Dr. Biggs, I noticed that I have been having intermittent issues with numbness in some of my ...
  A: Numbness and tingling in the fingers can be the result of carpal tunnel syndrome, but it could be ...
efficacy of chiro treatment2/10/2012
  Q: I'm retired and live in Spain. I have various herniated discs and severe arthrosis of the knees and ...
  A: It is often difficult to know when it is time to make a change and find a new chiropractor. I have ...
spinal disc slip1/28/2012
  Q: i have a question regarding my back injury, i have my mri result the result is, disc protrusion ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your spinal condition. Every case is different, but I can tell you that ...
Painful Hips1/16/2012
  Q: Lately...when I've been sitting at my computer for a couple of hours my hips will start to hurt (one ...
  A: .. Yes. Sincerely, Keith Biggs, DC http://www.eastmesachiropractor.com Now for the longer ...
Reactions to an adjustment1/15/2012
  Q: Dr. Biggs, I am a licensed massage therapist. I have seen the positive effects of chiropractic ...
  A: First of all, forget the misconception of an adjustment putting bones back in place and thus either ...
Shoulder /neck pain andquestion on suggested treatment1/3/2012
  Q: About 3 weeks ago I travelled back home and had a large and heavy set of luggage. At one point in ...
  A: Straigten your Atlas? How do you know if it is crooked or not? I would NEVER do a treament simply ...
Signs of a stroke12/28/2011
  Q: I have a friend who has been talking about the right side of his face being in pain. From his head ...
  A: There are many possible reasons why your friend is experiencing head/face pain. The least likely is ...
My Hip Quite Literally Locked12/15/2011
  Q: Okay. I am 15 and I had a band concert last night. I was sitting in a chair before the concert and ...
  A: Have you talked to your parents about what happened? That is the first step. They can help you to ...
Chronic Neck Pain11/30/2011
  Q: Sir, I'm a 28 year old Female who was in a Motor Vehicle Accident in 2003, I was diagnosed with a ...
  A: I can't tell you why you have pain, but I can give you some ideas. First of all, when you sustain ...
back pain not getting better11/27/2011
  Q: I'm a 56 YO male, until recently in excellent health, not overweight, not anything, and never having ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your pain. I cannot examine you, and I cannot see your pictures or your lab ...
how to stop joint cracking ?11/24/2011
  Q: I cant stop cracking i know a lot about it i read and watched so i know all those thinks i can get ...
  A: I answered this question a few days ago, but evidently it didn't get through to you, so I will ...
GERD AND BREATHING DIFFICULTY11/17/2011
  Q: about 1 month ago, i developed acid reflux and breathing difficulty. Doctors (allopaths) dont find ...
  A: Please forgive me. I answered this question several days ago, but I do not believe that it was saved ...
neck/back pain with a tingle in my hand11/15/2011
  Q: I am a 37 year old fairly healthy male. I recently began taking a course for 2 weeks where I was ...
  A: This doesn't sound like a carpal tunnel issue at all, to me. This problem sounds like either a C6-C7 ...
Serving heavy trays11/8/2011
  Q: I am a server/busser at a high traffic restaurant where I must carry large trays full of heavy ...
  A: Andrew, It is great that you enjoy your work so much. The truth is that any job has its physical ...
Sciatica?11/3/2011
  Q: About six months ago after running some stairs I all of a sudden woke up one day with a major back ...
  A: Quite the narrative. I am so sorry that you experience so much pain. Back pain, as you have ...
Sternum Pain11/1/2011
  Q: Around two years, I got punched in the sternum area. At the time, it did not really hurt, just a ...
  A: I am sorry about your injury and your residual pain. What you have learned, in a very painful way, ...
Thought I pulled a shoulder muscle, but it hurts to breathe? What's wrong? Could the local chiropractor help me?10/30/2011
  Q: I have a familial spasticity disorder with my muscles. Doing some hard core dancing (sad) I thought ...
  A: I don't know what is wrong with you. Without doing a good examination, it is impossible to know. ...
DDD, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis10/27/2011
  Q: What is the prognosis for my situation? I am scheduled to see a neurosurgeon Nov 30, but I don't ...
  A: .. First of all, thank you! You get the award for the most detailed history/exam and question! As ...
Pain all the time10/20/2011
  Q: I am seeing an orthopedic dr. for back/neck pain, numbness in my left hands in my thumb, pointer & ...
  A: Your condition is the net result of degenerative changes that are occurring in your neck and in your ...
laser10/19/2011
  Q: I have what I belive is scar tissue from a slip and fall, which jammed something into L2-L3 area. ...
  A: Slips and falls result in sprains and strains, which means tearing of tissue, either muscular or ...
gluteal & quad weakness following # dislocation of si joint worsened by recent # dislocation of S510/16/2011
  Q: I have a previous fractured sacral iliac dislocation of my pelvis with both sides of my pelvis ...
  A: The primary thing that I notice that is missing from your narration is the mention of a spinal MRI. ...
chronic moving ribs10/12/2011
  Q: I've had TOS for over 10 yrs, managed quite well with relatively few chiropractic adjustments. Last ...
  A: It is impossible to diagnose and treat through the internet, but here are some thoughts that I have ...
Neck with throbbing artery10/7/2011
  Q: im 19 and Ive never had this problem before I started weightlifting. I have always been a heavy ...
  A: From what you are telling me, this doesn't sound like thoracic outlet syndrome. If you are ...
Upper back10/3/2011
  Q: I am a 22 year old male and have been having back problems since I was 16. My back can crack so ...
  A: Matt, When you feel popping in the back, it doesn't mean that the spine is re-aligning. It means ...
lower back problems10/2/2011
  Q: i injured myself in a fall at work and have done lots of pt which hasn't helped much i had a ...
  A: There is not enough information here for me to give you much help, but I will do my best. First of ...
severe back pain.9/29/2011
  Q: i have been suffering from severe back pain for the past 8 months. i gave birth to my first child ...
  A: You are never too young for back problems! There are many things that could be causing your pain, ...
understanding mri result9/20/2011
  Q: I'm having great pain in my lower back and it radiates down through my left buttock and down my left ...
  A: You have several findings on your MRI. The report indicates that you have significant disc ...
elbow, fingers tingles9/14/2011
  Q: I used a computer a lot, and I am starting to have my little finger tingle like I have hit my funny ...
  A: Tingling and numbness in the hand and fingers can be caused by a lot of things, such as cervical ...
INVERSION TABLES9/13/2011
  Q: after seeing a chiropractor and having 12 sessions of physical therapy i am still 6 degress tilted ...
  A: I don't know anything about your condition other than you are tilted 6 degrees to one side, so it is ...
Right shoulder hurts?9/12/2011
  Q: im 19 and a female. I have problems in my deltoid area. I lift weights but never heavy ones. Ever ...
  A: The truth of the matter is that your shoulder pain could be caused by a lot of things. Your primary ...
backpain since a month9/10/2011
  Q: I started experiencing backpain since a month. It was generalized in the back and left leg, now it ...
  A: Back pain can be caused by a lot of things, including kidney issues. The only way that you can ...
Undergaduate Education9/6/2011
  Q: I want to study how to become a chiropractor first and then an acupuncturist.I've found great ...
  A: I know that you did not address this question to me, but I found it in the unanswered section, so I ...
chiro adjustment and breast tissue9/6/2011
  Q: Can a strong adjustment perhaps occasionally cause something like rope burn in a breast. My larger ...
  A: I have not heard of this happening before. My suggestion is to make sure that everything is normal. ...
Neck Injury8/28/2011
  Q: I am a 23 year old former gymnast. About five weeks ago I did a tumbling pass that I never tried ...
  A: The first thing that you should do is get an examination, complete with neck x-rays. The important ...
Knee Pain8/26/2011
  Q: I twisted my knee about 8 years ago and was in alot of pain for a few weeks. Since then occasionly ...
  A: What you are describing does sound like a tear in the meniscus, or cartilage. Although the MRI is ...
Back pain8/23/2011
  Q: Recently I get this pain in my back, kind of in the top of the butt area. I only get it while trying ...
  A: I am sorry about the lower back pain. There are many causes of lower back pain, and it is impossible ...
Am I doing the right thing?8/15/2011
  Q: I have had a lumbar fusion about four years ago due to disc degeneration. I recently have been ...
  A: Yes... you are doing the right thing. Simply from the stand point that you ALWAYS EXHAUST ALL OTHER ...
EYE TWITCHING AND FACE/ARMS ETCHING8/9/2011
  Q: I am suffering from eye twitching and etching on face and arms with burning sensation.I went to ...
  A: It is my understanding that Neurobion tablets are vitamin tablets... primarily of the B complex ...
Knee8/5/2011
  Q: Keith Last fall I injured my knee playing soccer. I am 52 and about 30 pounds overweight so it prob ...
  A: Arthritis happens in all of us. The degree of arthritis depends on prior injuries, genetics, and ...
Many attacks to my neck8/2/2011
  Q: I have a child who has a mental illness. She has attacked me many times by pulling hard on my hair ...
  A: First of all, the good news is that if you transcribed the MRI report correctly, you do not have a ...
Skeletal structure change8/2/2011
  Q: My name is Simon, I am 18 years old and live in England. I have noticed many changes in my body from ...
  A: Men, as they grow, become more broad through the shoulders. This is NORMAL. Please take a look at ...
chronic pain in neck persists after two years chiropractic8/2/2011
  Q: I have chronic pain in my upper neck, almost always limited to the right side, and chronic ...
  A: I see a couple of issues with what is going on. First of all, you can be adjusted for your entire ...
Near-syncope after cervical traction7/30/2011
  Q: Good evening! I'm 26 year old female in relatively good health. I've been seeing a chiropractor for ...
  A: I am sorry about your response following treatment with your chiropractor. What you experienced is ...
Costochondritis7/21/2011
  Q: I am a healthy 21 year old female, 110 lb., 5’3”. Exactly a month ago I did some heavy breathing ...
  A: It is refreshing to hear of somebody that has done a lot of the research already. You have learned ...
fused vertebrae in lower back7/15/2011
  Q: I am 17 years old and this time last year I was being treated for a grade 1/2 tear of a lumbar ...
  A: I am sorry that it has taken a while to answer. I typed an answer last week, but evidently something ...
chiro billing after car accident7/9/2011
  Q: I was in a car accident (not my fault). I visited a physician and then a chiropractor. I saw him 6 ...
  A: I am so sorry that it has taken several days to get back to you regarding your question. I actually ...
Lower Back pain6/30/2011
  Q: I am 6'2" 240 pounds and 19 years old. I have had lower back pain for about 6 months now. I play ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear of your lower back pain. Low back pain can be very frustrating. Regarding ...
MRI report said but don't understand it6/28/2011
  Q: It says the cerebellar tonsils are ectatic, but no Chiari malformation is seen. I have C2-3is ...
  A: Cornelia, This is a question for your radiologist that read the films, or for your medical doctor ...
blow to head6/26/2011
  Q: i feel that this might not be your area of expertise but there is no other expert of this may be you ...
  A: You are right, this is a question that should be asked to a neurologist, MD. Head and brain trauma ...
silver doller sized lump on lower right side of back6/24/2011
  Q: I discovered this lump years ago and had it examined by a few different doctors who all seemed to ...
  A: Lipomas, or fatty tissue benign tumors, are quite common in the lower back area. Usually they are ...
chiropractic care for the neck affecting my throat6/23/2011
  Q: I over did some yard work. I suffered for weeks. My hands tingled and would go numb. I was very ...
  A: First of all, "military neck" simply describes the posture of your neck. In my mind, it does not ...
cartelidge damage6/21/2011
  Q: I have recently been diagnosed with cartelidge damage around my discs in my spine. So far I have ...
  A: Nothing cures your condition. Nothing. There are many things that can be done, often ...
Recent chiropractor visit6/17/2011
  Q: I recently went to my chiropractor and we did some basic cracking and adjusting of my lower back. I ...
  A: The primary issue with you is your three herniated discs in the lower back. As you have stated, ...
Chronic Back Pain6/2/2011
  Q: I am 19 years old and I have been dealing with constant back pain for around three years now. I have ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear of your chronic pain. In your case, in particular, it is quite frustrating ...
neck pain5/26/2011
  Q: i have been having trouble with my neck, allot of pain on my left side at the bottom of my skull, ...
  A: It is possible that you are having joint dysfunction or subluxation of the cervical spine segments. ...
disc protrusion5/24/2011
  Q: Recently I've had a ST scan done and it showed L5 S1 posterior disc protrusion. I am 25 years old ...
  A: Disc injuries are permanent. When a disc is bulging or protruding, it is because the annular fibers ...
whats the best way to treat lumbar and cervical compression5/23/2011
  Q: What's the best way to treat a lumbar and cervical neck compression?
  A: I assume that you are talking about disc compression/degeneration, and not spinal vertebral ...
Hip Pain5/22/2011
  Q: I have some pain above my right iliac crest in the front. It goes into my hip and down into my ...
  A: There are a couple of thoughts that I am having regarding your situation. It is very possibly the ...
Burning sensation in tricep5/15/2011
  Q: I'm a 32 year old female. I play softball and I injured my throwing arm 5 years ago. Everytime I ...
  A: I think that you are right. It is time for a second opinion... and probably from an orthopedic ...
back5/12/2011
  Q: I got hit by a car when I was five. I am now 32 years old and have been suffering from back pain for ...
  A: To me, it sounds like the doctors have figured out why your back is hurting. You have some serious ...
numbness in the top of my right leg5/5/2011
  Q: I suffered with sciatica last year pretty bad, it was to the point of where i was bed ridden for a ...
  A: Sciatica is actually caused, in many instances, by bulging or herniating disc or discs in the lower ...
Chronic subluxated ribs4/29/2011
  Q: Ok....so I train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which has a pretty high injury rate. But in February (2011) ...
  A: All athletic competition comes with the risk of injury. Here are a couple of thoughts that I have ...
lower back pain4/25/2011
  Q: i am a 22yr old female and approx 2yrs ago i hurt my back changing my bed. my legs gave way and i ...
  A: I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time with your lower back. Back pain, as you are ...
Wrist Popping and Grinding4/19/2011
  Q: I am 16 and have never had any wrist injuries but I have found that more recently my wrist pops and ...
  A: I am sorry to hear that you are having pain in the wrist, with popping and grinding sensations. ...
nerve damage/medication4/12/2011
  Q: My son had a lumber patch when the nerves were damaged. He was in great pain but was able to walk ...
  A: Payn, I am sorry to hear about your son and his troubles. I have very little to go on from your ...
arm pain4/11/2011
  Q: for several days i have had a moderate dull ache in my upper arm this travels down my srm and causes ...
  A: I am sorry for your arm pain. Here are some thoughts. First of all, go and get an examination! I ...
twisted pelvis and more4/7/2011
  Q: I hope you can help. This is an ongoing issue for me. I have seen a few specialists some good and ...
  A: I am sorry that you are having so much pain and discomfort. I know that you feel that your question ...
Back pain4/7/2011
  Q: Since yesterday I have had this sharp pain in my upper left back. I think below my shoulder. It ...
  A: This is a very tough question because there just isn't a lot of data to go on. Upper left back pain ...
wrist pain,grinding and snapping4/6/2011
  Q: I am a 25 yr old waitress who has spent a lot of time on computers during college, and I have held ...
  A: The wrist is a very complicated area. There are many joints and bones. It is so complicated, in ...
bulging discs4/4/2011
  Q: I am 44yrs old Female.Back in 2005 after physiotherapy which made the pain much worse and finally ...
  A: I know that this is going to come as a blow, but there is nothing that can be done to cure you of ...
back/neck pain4/1/2011
  Q: for the last couple of years i have had lower back back when sitting up straight and for long ...
  A: I would love to help you... I can see you in my office on Monday morning at 8:30 a.m. Seriously... ...
non displaced humeras fracture3/31/2011
  Q: I did post this once but can't find the response so ,being desparate,I will try again.The 1rst week ...
  A: I am sorry about the injury to the shoulder and upper arm. It is impossible to give you an answer ...
Stomach and back pain3/28/2011
  Q: A few years ago I went to a chiropractor for neck and shoulder pain which was causing bad headaches, ...
  A: I must confess, I first saw your question in the general "question pool", and I skipped it because I ...
Localised pain in lumbar region (probably from gym work)3/25/2011
  Q: I am 27 yrs old. I live a fairly active,healthy lifestyle and I usually lift weights and run.I ...
  A: You have written quite a detailed narrative, for which I am thankful. You need to remember, ...
Skechers Shape ups?3/21/2011
  Q: I have developed a bit of arthritis in my knees, and I have always had foot problems, so I have ...
  A: I have had this question before from my patients... and the answer is "maybe". You need to realize ...
severe pain after chiro treatment3/15/2011
  Q: i saw chiropractor last thursday he pushed down hard on my chest to manipulate and there was a very ...
  A: The fracture of a rib is one of the most common complications of chiropractic manipulation. I know ...
Abdominal/pelvic pain3/13/2011
  Q: I have suffered with upper back/rib pain for a few years and have been seeing an osteopath once a ...
  A: This is a very tough question. I know that it was not directed to me specifically, but I found it ...
Neck cracking and popping for no reason3/8/2011
  Q: Just recently as I was talking to a friend right in the middle of the conversation the left side of ...
  A: Did it hurt when the neck popped? Does it hurt now? How old are you? Most popping of joints is ...
Lower back pain3/8/2011
  Q: I have had lower back pain off & on since November. It ranges from slightly uncomfortable to very ...
  A: I found your question in the question pool, but if you don't mind, I will give you some thoughts and ...
hip ache3/7/2011
  Q: For about 6 months I have had a hip that aches a little, particularly when lying down in bed. It is ...
  A: This question was found in the "question pool", so I picked it up and I will give you a competent ...
Crooked neck caused by P.T.3/6/2011
  Q: I injured my left shoulder on the job which caused a Rotator Cuff Tear, surgically repaired. Went ...
  A: You are right, since this is a work injury, and your bills are being paid by your employer's ...
cause?3/6/2011
  Q: I have developed tennis elbow, golfers elbow, wrist pain and plantar fascitis all at the same time. ...
  A: There are some things that you might consider. (Wikipedia has a pretty good page on inflammation) ...
Dislocated Rib3/4/2011
  Q: My question is I have a dislocated rib and it's been this way ateast 4 years. I went to a ...
  A: Rib subluxations can be very painful. I am sorry for your suffering. I have a couple of thoughts ...
clicking knee3/3/2011
  Q: i played hockey for thirteen years and i have a knee that clicks and grinds over time it is bent to ...
  A: This is a difficult question because the causes of clicking in the knee can be quite varied. Many ...
Multiple spine issues3/3/2011
  Q: I am a 32 year old female in good internal health. Physically Im not. I have DJD, subluxation of the ...
  A: I am unsure what your question is here, other than maybe what you should do for the long term... ...
cracking and popping in my joints and im only 213/2/2011
  Q: I just have some questions as to what is really going on with my body. Last year, i noticed both my ...
  A: Please understand that answering a couple of questions on the internet doesn't substitute for an ...
back pain3/2/2011
  Q: when i lay down to go to sleep after a minute or two i want to get up or move my lower back starts ...
  A: Lower back pain can be very frustrating, as I am sure you are experiencing. I found your question ...
Knee Problem3/1/2011
  Q: About 9 years ago I was in a dirt bike accident. I landed on my knees and ended up getting stitches ...
  A: It is impossible for any physician to diagnose you from a simple statement of symptoms. That being ...
Elbow3/1/2011
  Q: A few months ago I reached for something I didn't think was going to be too heavy. So I pulled it ...
  A: It is impossible to give you a good diagnosis without seeing you, but I will talk about some of the ...
Severe pain in my left shoulder2/27/2011
  Q: Around November of last year (around the same time I got my flu shot) I began experiencing sharp, ...
  A: Shoulder/arm/neck problems can be... dare I say... a pain in the neck/shoulder/arm... I am so ...
popping sestation between bottom ribs2/26/2011
  Q: For the past couple months I have had a popping clicking feeling at the bottom of my ribs between ...
  A: Here are a couple of thoughts... First of all, my answer is just conjecture. A good examination is ...
facet joint injury2/23/2011
  Q: i am 45 y/o female. I have no remarkable problems other than history of scoliosis. I do group ...
  A: It sounds like you are making a lot of good choices regarding your health and wellness. ...
Bruised Ribs and Numbness2/21/2011
  Q: About a month ago I had a horrible spill off of my horse. I got tossed into the air and landed flat ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear of your tumble off the horse! I have a couple of thoughts for you regarding ...
pelvic twist2/20/2011
  Q: Due to excessive bending and cleaning, my back muscles became overly tense, knotted, and when I ...
  A: It sounds like you are in a lot of pain, and I am so sorry for you! First off, lets take a look at ...
costochondritis2/17/2011
  Q: I have been diagnosed with costochondritis. I have had 2 rounds of prednisone and have used ...
  A: I am so sorry for your rib pain issues. I hope that you improve soon. If I were in your shoes, I ...
Chiropractor's fees2/15/2011
  Q: In looking at the clients medical bills one Chiropractor includes treatments with their office visit ...
  A: Welcome to the most frustrating thing in my practice... billing. CMT, or Chiropractic ...
3 week old "crick" in neck after waking up2/14/2011
  Q: first thing I want to do is thank you for your service here and let you know how much I will ...
  A: Stiffness and pain in the neck can be caused by any number of things. It is very probable that the ...
Pelvis Has Moved out of place2/14/2011
  Q: I saw a chiropractor and he advised me that my pelvis has shifted out of place and it is really ...
  A: I am so sorry that you are having such a terrible time with pain. I know that back pain can be ...
Tear in Breast2/10/2011
  Q: I went jogging yesterday and felt what was like a sharp pain/tear above my left breast. I recently ...
  A: There are no muscles in the breast tissue. The closest muscles would be the pecotralis major/minor ...
Acute neck and upper back sprain/strain Left shoulder strain2/9/2011
  Q: There was a car accident and the lady was rear ended. she had physical therapy for 6 months then ...
  A: Every case is different. There are so many factors that determine when it is time for spinal ...
Hip pain/coming out of place again2/9/2011
  Q: First off I am a waitress and my hip or spine seems to come out of place. I will get a sharp pain in ...
  A: Your complaint and frustration is quite common. The reason why everything doesn't make sense is ...
Pain2/7/2011
  Q: After a hernia surgery, I have been left with weak obturator muscles. I have been told that there ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your surgery. The Obturator muscles are what we call external hip ...
earache and neck pain2/5/2011
  Q: My neck hurt whenever I cough or turn it. Can you explain why I am in so much pain the pain in my ...
  A: Answering this question is very difficult, because there are many causes of neck pain and ear pain. ...
Pain below chest wall2/4/2011
  Q: For the last 2 months I have been getting a severe/uncomfortable pain just below my chest and on top ...
  A: Very interesting symptoms. This is not something typical that a chiropractor would address, but let ...
Back Pain1/31/2011
  Q: I was lifting a heavy box and had a pain shoot thru my lower back which dropped me to my knees. ...
  A: The key is to get the results from the MRI. It will go a long way in helping you to understand what ...
everything hurts1/30/2011
  Q: I have paresthetica meralgia, bilateral tennis elbow and bilateral golfers elbow with chronic ...
  A: First of all, the radiological report/doctor report tells me that you have some arthritic ...
titaneum rod spin fusion1/28/2011
  Q: 7 yrs ago I had fusion of T2 to T12. After two years of unbearable pain, I am pain free. I am very ...
  A: Your question was found in the question pool. Even though it was not directed to me specifically, I ...
Neck and Shoulder Pain1/27/2011
  Q: In the past few weeks, I've been experiencing some pain and discomfort in the right side of my neck ...
  A: Neck pain is the second most common complaint that I see in my office. Usually it is due to ...
growth1/24/2011
  Q: I've attached a picture from a kid site that teaches about the human skeleton, however, it is a ...
  A: I am unsure of any way of causing site specific bone growth other than by performing a sectioning of ...
chondromalacia patallae1/17/2011
  Q: I read with interest the question Brandon asked 10/14/09 on the subject, unfortunately being in the ...
  A: I found your question in the "question pool" on this website. I know that it was not directed at me ...
Chronic hamstring injury1/17/2011
  Q: I've been dealing with a hamstring strain since oct. 22 from over lifting and exercising. I rested ...
  A: You remind me of Kevin Johnson.... do you remember him? Kevin, or "KJ" as he was known here in ...
Rhizolysis1/12/2011
  Q: I had a Rhizolysis procedure on the 21 December for the Right side Sacrialic joint nerve degenerate. ...
  A: According to this online article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1879116/ "Rhizolysis ...
degenerative disc, etc.1/12/2011
  Q: i got in a car accident in 2001. i was told i had a mild back strain. The pain went away and came ...
  A: Unfortunately, you are not alone in your pain and frustration. It is possible that the accident in ...
Popping and Grinding1/10/2011
  Q: For the last three months my neck makes popping and grinding sounds whenever I turn it. Does this ...
  A: Popping and grinding is a possible indication of some degenerative changes in the neck, although it ...
Upper Back Pain1/7/2011
  Q: Three days ago I went to the gym (Tuesday) and worked on my lower back with a machine. Sometime the ...
  A: I found your question in the "question pool". Often questions end up there if they go unanswered ...
Stomach Issues1/6/2011
  Q: My significant other has been having stomach issues for the last year. He has gas, blotting, ...
  A: This is not a typical chiropractic problem, but I do have some ideas for you. I have had patients ...
finger on left hand bruising1/6/2011
  Q: the ring finger on my left hand started to bruise and it feels a little tight i have type 2 diabetes ...
  A: There are many reasons why a finger might bruise and swell. If you are on medications that cause ...
back pain and a short leg1/5/2011
  Q: About two years ago I started to feel an extreme tightness/pain in my lower back, where standing or ...
  A: It sounds like, to me, that you had a good chiropractor and that he was evaluating and treating you ...
Rib head injury1/4/2011
  Q: Dec 6/2010 I was playing floor hockey and got hit from behind, I didn't pay much attention to the ...
  A: Sorry about the injury. Sounds to me like you got hit pretty hard. The ribs attach to the body at ...
damaged ribs1/1/2011
  Q: 5days Ago,i turned in my seat in the car and my ribs touched the back support and it felt likr my ...
  A: I found your question in the "pool" of questions. I know that you probably didn't ask this to me ...
Elbow pain1/1/2011
  Q: I'm 21. Fractured both the radius and ulna of my right arm on 18 June 2010 after a fall. The next ...
  A: Ahmed, Sounds like you might have significantly re-injured your arm, possibly dislodging the screws ...
BACK PAIN12/29/2010
  Q: I have a dull ache in left back shoulder area near bottom of blade and numbness in left hand with ...
  A: Pain in the mid back, along the borders of the shoulder blade, along with left hand and thumb ...
chest pain12/28/2010
  Q: The right side of my chest started to hurt about 2 or 3 weeks ago. At first i thought i pulled or ...
  A: I am so sorry, but in spite of your detailed question, I can only speculate what is going on with ...
herniated disc12/27/2010
  Q: Biggs, My father who is 50 years old and is a computer engineer, has back pain at the C6 – T1 level ...
  A: I am sorry about the troubles that your father is having. Disc problems can be very painful. First ...
Numb/Painful thumb12/25/2010
  Q: I tend to sleep in odd positions I am told by my husband, and so I am sure the cause is definitely ...
  A: There are a few things that you might consider in regards to your thumb numbness. First of all, ...
Lower back pain12/23/2010
  Q: Couple months ago I had my MRI done due to lower back pain. MRI Findings: - L4/5 shows mild broad ...
  A: Your question ended up in a general question "pool", so if you don't mind, I will make an attempt at ...
Other options?12/21/2010
  Q: It started out as shoulder/rotator pain about 7 years ago and went away for a long period of time. ...
  A: I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time Cris. Pain can be such a difficult thing, ...
Tingling feeling in mid-pack?12/20/2010
  Q: Biggs, I've recently started feeling various pains in my middle back along my spine (just below ...
  A: This does sound like a mechanical, joint, and nerve pain since it appears to come and go based on ...
Toe injury & shoulder swimmer12/16/2010
  Q: Brendon J. O`Brien, I' ve had for several years a clicking big toe with interemitent mild pain ...
  A: Your question did not get answered, so it dropped into a "question pool". I know that you asked ...
Bulging Disk?12/12/2010
  Q: I have been having numbness with pins/needles in the left arm along with upper thoracic pain, after ...
  A: I am sorry that you are having neck pain and symptoms in the arm and upper back. These could be the ...
Functional Scoliosis12/11/2010
  Q: Hey there. Is it possible to have functional scoliosis show up on an xray but not a MRI?
  A: Good question, short and to the point... The answer lies in the reasons why the two different tests ...
Atlas Orthogonal12/7/2010
  Q: Biggs, I was told 2 years ago that I have a degenerative disc in my lower back, I believe it is my ...
  A: I am not very familiar with the Atlas Orthogonal Technique, but in your situation, any technique is ...
confused12/7/2010
  Q: was seen by family md 9/10/10 for lower right abdominal pain and right sided scrotal swelling. sent ...
  A: I can understand why you are confused. It is hard when there appears to be no good answer for the ...
Could you help me with disc bulging?12/5/2010
  Q: Biggs, Thank you for all the wonderful answers you have provided on allexperts.com. I am ...
  A: I am sorry to hear about your injury while doing what you love... dance. That has to be a ...
Soreness after first 2 weeks of Chiro visits?12/1/2010
  Q: I have gone through 4 spinal adjustment sessions in the past 2 weeks. (2 vertebrae done - twice ...
  A: 4 Adjustments in 2 weeks is not much at all, and it is very common to be sore after treatment. ...
Lower Back Pain11/29/2010
  Q: I am 43 years old and have had a herniated disc in my lower back for several years. I have been to ...
  A: So sorry about the disc problems. Disc bulging/herniation can be very painful and difficult to get ...
rib injury11/29/2010
  Q: Dr. Biggs, I fell a yr. ago running up stairs carrying something and injured ribs, back hurt where ...
  A: I am so sorry about your fall and injury to your ribs. It is very frustrating for the patient, and ...
Back parent11/23/2010
  Q: 40 yr old woman in good health....started 2 weeks ago with hip pain on my right, sometimes shooting ...
  A: Sorry to hear that you are having pain. Pain is never fun. Glad to hear that you are seeing a ...
Mid Thoracic Pain11/22/2010
  Q: On October 5, 2010 I was involved in an accident. I am a Paramedic and was in the rear of the ...
  A: I am sorry to hear of your accident and your pain. First of all, this is a very recent injury. ...
facial, forehead, top scalp tingling11/22/2010
  Q: I am 43 year old mom of 4 young children. I am active and worried to the point of stressed. I ...
  A: Your question was not answered by the doctor that you requested, so it ended up in the question ...
shoulder tightness for 11 months11/22/2010
  Q: I am 16 years old now and I've had shoulder tightness for almost a year now under my left clavicle. ...
  A: I am so sorry to learn of your shoulder tightness. Shoulders can sure be difficult to heal and get ...
Pressure pain in forehead when standing and back of head when folding forward11/21/2010
  Q: a massage therapist recently cracked my neck, it only worked on left side and was fast, there was ...
  A: Alison, First of all, why are you allowing a massage therapist to manipulate your neck? I would ...
hands/knuckle swelling11/20/2010
  Q: my hand knuckles are swollen and hurt,mainly in both hands same knuckles..no arthritis. no ...
  A: Sounds like you are having a pretty tough time. Sorry to hear of your pain and irritation. First, ...
fused vertebrae11/18/2010
  Q: My 75yr-old father in law has recently been diagnosed as having some fused vertebrae in his lower ...
  A: The body is an amazing thing, with so many wonders and questions to be answered. In the lower back, ...
Locked hip11/12/2010
  Q: A chiropractor told me that my hip was 'locked'. I don't understand what that means, or how it ...
  A: "locked hip" is a very non-descriptive diagnosis given to you by your chiropractor. It is likely ...
Rib cartillage injury11/11/2010
  Q: I am very into weightlifting. About eight months ago I woke up with strained shoulders and ...
  A: This is a very difficult question to answer. I found your question in the "question pool", which ...
neck disc slipped11/11/2010
  Q: What is suppose to be given care wise for slpped disc above your spine in your neck, pinching a ...
  A: Sounds like you are having quite the problem in the neck region. The discs are pads of cartilage ...
rib subluxation11/10/2010
  Q: Dolan, About 5 mos. ago I decided to take up the game of golf (again). I got very excited about it ...
  A: My name is Dr. Biggs. I found your question in the "question pool", which usually means that the ...
dislocated pelvis and twisted vertebrae11/7/2010
  Q: i work with someone who insists she has two twisted vertebrae (she says lumbar though when asked ...
  A: First of all, people are very poor at describing their medical conditions to others. Think of it ...
back/neck/shoulder tightness and pain11/6/2010
  Q: i am 17 and i started swimming last october i then tryed out for my high school swim team and made ...
  A: Congratulations on making the swim team! I have a 15 year old daughter that is on the swim team. She ...
Side Posture Adjustments11/4/2010
  Q: A year ago I went to a DC for the first time because I was experiencing some sciatica in my left ...
  A: I can hear your pain and frustration in your question. I am so sorry that you have had a negative ...
changing chiropractors/new pain11/3/2010
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor the last two months for hip, upper back, lower back and neck pain. ...
  A: Chiropractic care is wonderful! In this, there is no doubt... and one of the things that makes it ...
What is happening to me?11/3/2010
  Q: I am 24 years old, when I was 16 I gave birth to my son (2002) and ever since had had very minor ...
  A: This is a potentially very serious problem, and your concerns about walking again might be ...
back pain and leg pain10/31/2010
  Q: Dr. Biggs, I am a 35 year old male. I have been active in recreational sports all of my life, but I ...
  A: What you describe is something that I see daily in my practice. There are many people that suffer ...
spinal pressure10/28/2010
  Q: about 2 weeks ago,In the middle of moving in my new place and I needed to take the dresser drawers ...
  A: Sorry about your head injury, but I doubt that the head injury is causing the mid back pressure. ...
Tight Tendons10/26/2010
  Q: I have had blood work done and X-rays taken to prove that arthritis is not a significant issue for ...
  A: I am so sorry for your discomfort, and I know that some physical conditions can be very frustrating. ...
back/rib cage pain only when sleeping10/25/2010
  Q: I am 53, basically healthy and active female that has been seeing the same chiropractor for ...
  A: Sometimes, we as doctors get so involved in our techniques and methods that we forget that we are ...
Popping of all joints of body after total thyroidectomy10/24/2010
  Q: O'Brien, I sufferend from Graves' Disease some years back and had a total thyroidectomy in '05. ...
  A: I can understand your concern. Unfortunately, I cannot answer your questions, which is "what is ...
high ankle sprain problems10/22/2010
  Q: Newhart, I injured my left ankle falling down so stairs 6 weeks ago. I have been to an orthopedist ...
  A: I have noticed that you have not had an answer from Dr. Newhart, so if you will permit, I would like ...
reoccurring muscle pain beneath shoulderblade10/18/2010
  Q: I have been in pain for many years and am just now starting to search for answers, after realising ...
  A: A complex question! I do appreciate your detailed explanation of your symptoms, though! There are ...
Leg and Body Discomfort10/16/2010
  Q: Dolan, I have been having this discomfort of my skin. It feels like I have fiber glass splinters in ...
  A: This is a tough question, and probably why it was referred to the question pool instead of answered ...
Collar bone and shoulder pain10/13/2010
  Q: I am 23 years old now and I broke my collar bone playing soccer abour 7 years ago. At the time of ...
  A: Shoulder injuries sure can be tough, and the fact that you fractured the collar bone doesn't make ...
Questions for school project10/11/2010
  Q: Newhart, We are a group of students from Victoria Junior College in Singapore. We are currently ...
  A: This question is difficult because it is very broad based and general. I do believe, however, that ...
ProAdjuster10/6/2010
  Q: What are the pros and cons of being treated by a chiropractor who uses this equipment?
  A: First let me be clear in telling you that I do not use the ProAdjuster, so I am a chiropractor ...
neck pain and dizzy10/4/2010
  Q: I have had dizziness for e few years,went on to do vertigo and balance exercises helped some. but ...
  A: I am so sorry to hear of your suffering! I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Here are a ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Keith E. Biggs, DC

Top Expert on this page