Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Gerald Anzalone, D.C.

SubjectDate Asked
FHP, brain fog and diagnosis10/22/2015
  Q: I am 22 years old and I think I have pretty serious case of Forward Head Posture. I have had it ...
  A: Avantika, Thank you for your question. Your question firstly assumes that forward head posture is ...
help6/16/2015
  Q: I am in charge of occupational health and safety in 20 clothes store all around venezuela. We have ...
  A: Gracias por su pregunta . Hay muchos problemas físicos causados ​​por pie durante largos ...
Hip pain after adjustment3/8/2015
  Q: I started having lower right sided back pain (pinpointed around the si joint) about 5 weeks ago. I ...
  A: First, as a disclaimer, I cannot offer specific medical information regarding your case. This is for ...
sacral pain after bm9/21/2014
  Q: Gerald, Thanks in advance for answering my question. I am a 43 year old man, 6 foot, 160 ...
  A: Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to speculate on specific causes of your symptoms or to offer ...
Bone Sclerosis7/4/2014
  Q: Anzalone, I recently had a CT-scan for microscopic hematuria which thankfully didn't reveal anything ...
  A: Karen, Thank you for your question. Sclerosis of bone generally refers to an increase of bone ...
Elbow locks1/30/2014
  Q: I hope I'm in the right place to try and gain some advice as to what might be wrong with my joints. ...
  A: I can't diagnose your condition over the Internet, but I can provide you with some general ...
Ribs7/24/2013
  Q: I am in cross country and I started getting a sharp pain in my left rib cage when i ran but the ...
  A: Elizabeth, Although you have not asked a question, I assume that you are interested in trying to ...
chiropractic career4/25/2013
  Q: My name is rooz and I'm looking to start the DC program at Parker Universit this fall. I have been ...
  A: Rooz. I wish that I could tell you to expect wonderful things with a career in chiropractic, but ...
tinnitus2/18/2013
  Q: Can a chiropractic adjustment cause tinnitus? Can a chiropractic adjustment help relieve tinnitus ...
  A: Loretta, Thank you for your question. Anecdotal reports exist both claiming that spinal ...
Cervical kyphosis?2/1/2013
  Q: I have some issues with my back and neck, and no insurance (at the moment, although I might by next ...
  A: Carmen, Thanks for your question. In the medical literature, much is written about the cervical ...
Lt lower back pain following loud pop9/21/2012
  Q: 4 days ago, my 80 year old dad, who is very active and in great shape, had to lift and move the end ...
  A: The audible "popping" you describe could have been caused by a joint cavitation resultant from the ...
PELVIC ADJUSTMENT8/16/2012
  Q: I was recently told by an orthopedic surgeon and a rheumatologist that it is impossible to change ...
  A: I'm not sure what your exact question is. Unfortunately, I can't give you specific treatment ...
Should I see this chiropractor?8/7/2012
  Q: I am a 21 year old very healthy woman. I was having migraines and my doctor noticed the tension in ...
  A: A recommendation by a health care provider for a certain number of visits at set fee is, in my ...
sleep apnea5/22/2012
  Q: I was looking online at sleep apnea treatments and ran across your response to someone's question if ...
  A: Scott, Obstructive sleep apnea is usually caused by obesity and upper airway collapse. These are ...
Popping of the spine.5/14/2012
  Q: I am currently 17 years old, and I would like to know what I can do about this popping at the ...
  A: Many people experience "popping" of their spine and other joints with movement, particularly ...
laser treatment for winging of scapula5/12/2012
  Q: sir.... me govardhan age-19 suffering from winging of scapula birth (i.e all because of a nurse ...
  A: A search of the medical literature on PubMed search revealed one article describing temporary pain ...
low back pain5/3/2012
  Q: Over two years ago I went to see a dc hoping they could help me with a tingling sensation I was ...
  A: Eden, Thanks for your question. I can't provide you with a specific diagnosis over the Internet. In ...
L4L54/23/2012
  Q: I have this needles and pins feeling that started in my left foot and leg 7 weeks ago.Since the ...
  A: I don't have enough information regarding the MRI findings to draw any specific conclusions ...
L4/L5 annular tear4/18/2012
  Q: I was sent for physical therapy for my knee and the next day I had severe burning numbness and ...
  A: Michelle, While I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, your symptoms in both legs ...
Pain under the scapula3/16/2012
  Q: I have this pain in my right side scapula on the side closest to the spine about half way up ...
  A: Jii, Thank you for your question. Multiple muscles attach to the scapula. Please see this link ...
spinal manipulation and belly problems3/2/2012
  Q: I went to a chiropractor 3years ago for a back injury, I got a little relief from his adjustment, ...
  A: Sandra, Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet. In general terms, I ...
SI joint problem not improving1/29/2012
  Q: About 3 months ago I had a slight pain in my lower back in the SI joint area on the right hand side ...
  A: Mike, Thanks for your question. First, increased pain after several conservative therapy sessions ...
chest pain for 1 year - Please help1/23/2012
  Q: A year ago after a period of increased activity (my son broke his leg and I was lifting his ...
  A: Karen, I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, your symptoms ...
Cervical kyphosis1/20/2012
  Q: I am 38 years old, and did some upper body exercises with fairly light weights followed by lifting ...
  A: Stephanie, Thank you for your question. First, the neck pain and spasms you experienced after ...
Painful Hips1/16/2012
  Q: Lately...when I've been sitting at my computer for a couple of hours my hips will start to hurt (one ...
  A: Candy, To answer your question, if you only notice pain in the sacro-iliac joints (the area often ...
rib cage1/8/2012
  Q: i work out 6 days of the week an i never had this happen to me before i was laying on couch and when ...
  A: Terrence, I can't give you a diagnosis over the Internet, as I have no idea what your clinical ...
SIJ mechanics and manipulation11/21/2011
  Q: In the chiropractic model, when an SIJ "flexion fault" or an "extension fault" is named what does ...
  A: Sandra, Thank you for your question. Nomenclature regarding musculoskeletal dysfunction varies ...
refered pain11/10/2011
  Q: i have quite a serious back problem with stuff such as slight 9 degrees scolosis 3 prolapsed discs ...
  A: While I can't provide you with specific treatment advice over the Internet, in general, prolapsed ...
knee pain11/6/2011
  Q: I am 26 years and old and consider myself to be overweight. I weigh 13 1/2 stone and I'm 5ft 7" ...
  A: My original response seems not to have gone through, so I am responding again to your inquiry. I ...
chiro query10/31/2011
  Q: Hey there Gerald. Im a 29 year old man who has been seeing my local chiropractor for about 6 months. ...
  A: Christopher, Thanks for your question. A 1999 clinical survey published in the journal ...
Follow up question10/25/2011
  Q: A, Thank you for the prompt, thorough response on 10/19. My pcp said my symptoms don't ...
  A: Russ, Thank you for your follow-up question. 1. "Subluxation complex" is an ambiguous term which ...
to chiro or not to chiro?10/19/2011
  Q: Anzalone, I am a 49 yo male who has had various neck symptoms for nearly 25 years. For the most part ...
  A: Russell, First, if you are no longer having any neck symptoms, you don't need to pursue any further ...
sublaxations9/13/2011
  Q: I was wondering if you can feel sublaxations that occur in any joint in the body? Is it painful? Or ...
  A: Nick, Thank you for your question. The following scholarly papers address the question you posed: ...
Torso numbness after visit.9/2/2011
  Q: The first of July, after doing a couple of days of unusual lifting and moving of stuff at work, I ...
  A: Beth, I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, it sounds as though ...
bunion repair without surgery by chiropractor8/28/2011
  Q: i just got through watching a video in reference to a foot and bone chiropractor. His demonstration ...
  A: Gina, Correction of a bunion by manual manipulation is not something with which I am familiar, nor ...
Questions8/15/2011
  Q: I started worrying about it when I would sit up or stand up straight which would cause me to become ...
  A: Payton, You first should see your primary care provider to have your blood pressure monitored; a ...
Alternatives to ATM therapy8/6/2011
  Q: Anzalone, My chiropractor wants me to do ten sessions on the ATM machine for my kyphotic condition. ...
  A: Ed, Thanks for your question. The appropriateness of exercises for treatment of thoracic ...
Costochondritis7/21/2011
  Q: I am a healthy 21 year old female, 110 lb., 5’3”. Exactly a month ago I did some heavy breathing ...
  A: Costochondritis can be a very frustrating condition, and healing time can vary considerably from one ...
chairi 1 malformation and activator method7/12/2011
  Q: I am interested in knowing, any experience treating chairi 1 malformation with syrinx in cervical ...
  A: I do not have personal experience with the use of the Activator instrument for spinal manipulation ...
Consulta6/24/2011
  Q: Estoy padeciendo de un fuerte dolor en la parte baja de la espalda (lumbar) Me realizaron placa, ...
  A: Gracias por su pregunta. Yo no hablo español, espero que mi respuesta es comprensible. Estoy ...
Back6/21/2011
  Q: My back has been slightly hurting for a month now and the pain has been elevating,every time I ...
  A: Matt, Thanks for your question. I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet; however, ...
HIP pain / MRI report6/19/2011
  Q: If you could shed any light on the result of my MRI scan I would very much appreciate it. I will pay ...
  A: Your MRI findings essentially describe osteoarthritis of the sacro-iliac joint. Sacro-iliac joint ...
Stiff Neck/Headache6/18/2011
  Q: 4 days ago I got a stiff neck out of nowhere. I was just sitting watching TV and I felt a little ...
  A: Muscle contraction and spasms often occur due to poor body mechanics. A few visits with a ...
terrible pain6/12/2011
  Q: I have a terrible problem which makes me wish I was dead. Please dont laugh at me but my eye and ...
  A: Peter, Thanks for your question. I sympathize with the pain that you're in. I can't provide you ...
left elbow seems to lock up6/9/2011
  Q: My left elbow started to be painful. For examples, I cannot bend my elbow trying to touch my hand ...
  A: Pat, Thanks for your question. In order to determine what course of treatment would be best for ...
son's neck6/5/2011
  Q: Is it normal for a five year old child's neck to pop both when looking down and up? He says it hurts ...
  A: Jennifer, Thanks for your question. If your son has not experienced this "popping" phenomenon ...
lumabr area and cervical problems5/24/2011
  Q: 2 months ago I was in the tub leaning back masterbating really hard (I'm not trying to be ...
  A: In response to your question, you need to have a proper musculoskeletal evaluation of your ...
Hip Pain5/22/2011
  Q: I have some pain above my right iliac crest in the front. It goes into my hip and down into my ...
  A: While I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, I can tell you that anterior hip, ...
depression of space in neck area5/9/2011
  Q: Am 80 year old Caucasian female and have on both sides of my neck near my shoulder a space that ...
  A: Amy, Without having the benefit of being able to perform a physical examination, I cannot provide ...
TMJ and lower back connection4/25/2011
  Q: I have been struggling TMJ and lower back pain the last year. I went to see a Chiropractor a couple ...
  A: Michael, Firstly, I would never advocate manipulation of the TMJ by hand or with an instrument. As ...
back pain4/20/2011
  Q: i had back pain problem from last three months.i went to a G.P he said i have muscle spasm and gave ...
  A: The CT scan findings you've detailed essentially described degenerative changes of the lumbar spine, ...
Sternum pain after sleeping4/16/2011
  Q: I very recently started waking up with pain in my sternum when I wake up. I do sleep on my side, ...
  A: Rebecaa, Pain in the sternum can be due to costochondritis. Costochondritis is an inflammatory ...
ask experts4/12/2011
  Q: I'm having problem with my left arm and fingers,pinky and finger beside it,tingling and being ...
  A: Your symptoms seem to be consistent with an ulnar neuropathy. See this link for some additional ...
bulging discs MRI SCAN4/5/2011
  Q: I am 44yrs old Female.Back in 2005 after physiotherapy which made the pain much worse and finally ...
  A: The MRI (that was actually an x-ray which you had labeled as an MRI) would provide me with the most ...
General Job Responsibilites for Class Project3/28/2011
  Q: I would really appreciate if you could answer these interview questions about your career. The ...
  A: I would be happy to answer a specific question regarding the chiropractic profession or related ...
ALS3/21/2011
  Q: 20 year old male. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my legs were pretty weak. My arms were also a ...
  A: Nick, According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: "Because symptoms ...
cause?3/6/2011
  Q: I have developed tennis elbow, golfers elbow, wrist pain and plantar fascitis all at the same time. ...
  A: All of the musculoskeletal problem you listed are the result of repetitive stress injuries, most ...
Lumbar spondylosis and disc prolapse3/2/2011
  Q: I recently had an Xray and was told i have "Anterior lipping on L4 and Disc space L4/L5 & L5/S1 are ...
  A: Mickey, Thanks for your question. First, let's dissect your x-ray findings. Anterior lipping ...
Sacral pain after adjustment2/4/2011
  Q: I had an adjustment this morning and although my neck feels phenomenal, I can barely walk now. From ...
  A: Jill, I can't offer you a diagnosis or specific treatment recommendations over the Internet, as I ...
Numbness in toe1/31/2011
  Q: Let me first tell you that my occupation is a patient transporter. I push patients on stretchers and ...
  A: Jennifer, I can't provide you with a diagnosis via the Internet, but in general, numbness and ...
c2 spinal injury1/23/2011
  Q: I wrote to you the other day and was very grateful for your quick response to my question, as i had ...
  A: Christine, The x-ray findings you note in your question all essentially describe degenerative joint ...
Chiropractic care-first time experience typical???1/21/2011
  Q: I recently went to a chiropractor for the first time with severe neck pain involving the left side ...
  A: Susan, Your first chiropractic experience, which sounded like nothing short of a disaster, is not ...
c2 break1/18/2011
  Q: MY husband saw a chiro 3 years ago and after that he suffered headaches and a sore neck ever since, ...
  A: Christine, I'm sorry to hear of the death of your husband due to a traumatic fall. To answer your ...
Compression fracture and chiropractic1/8/2011
  Q: I sustained a compression fracture of my T9 vertebra in 1992 when I was 19. I recently visted a ...
  A: Brent, Thanks for your question. I could use some more information to better answer your1. What ...
Pain in Scapular Region12/27/2010
  Q: three months ago i had experienced pain in scapula. the pain is severe as griping my heart. i go to ...
  A: Rashid, Thank you for your question. While I cannot give you a diagnosis over the Internet, it does ...
Pros and Cons of Chiropractic Care12/19/2010
  Q: Anzalone, It has been suggested to me by numerous concerned friends that I see a chiropractor but I ...
  A: Dawn, Thanks for your question. Actually, there are several parts to your(1) what can a potential ...
Functional Scoliosis12/11/2010
  Q: Hey there. Is it possible to have functional scoliosis show up on an xray but not an MRI?
  A: Terry, Thanks for your question. A functional scoliosis is defined as a structurally normal spine ...
Tinnitus and TMJ11/20/2010
  Q: I have had varying degrees of ringing in my ears for the last 4 months; this seems to have developed ...
  A: Nancy, Thank you for your question. Tinnitus is not a common adverse reaction to spinal ...
cerv neck slip11/20/2010
  Q: Do you know exactly how and what/technique massage you should be using to cure a slipped ...
  A: Richie, Thanks for your question. The most notable finding in the MRI results you provided is the ...
cervical subluxation adjustment11/17/2010
  Q: I recently moved to a new state and started to see a new chiropractor. He took x-rays and showed me ...
  A: Tracy, Thank you for your question. Firstly, "near the end of stage one of a cervical subluxation" ...
rib/back pain10/28/2010
  Q: I am 53, basically healthy and active female that has been seeing the same chiropractor for ...
  A: Sandra, Thanks for your question, and for providing some more information regarding your problem. ...
ProAdjuster10/6/2010
  Q: What are the pros and cons of being treated by a chiropractor who uses this equipment?
  A: Eric, Thank you for your question. Instrument-assisted spinal manipulation is purported to offer a ...
Dizziness-Not feeling right after adjustments9/20/2010
  Q: I am a 41 year old male, never in my life have I experienced any back or neck pain. Even in ...
  A: Darren, Thank you for your question. First, there is no evidence to show that spinal manipulation ...
activator vs. manual treatment9/16/2010
  Q: I am a 46 yr old atheletic female with neck pain. I have recently seen a chiropractor who is ...
  A: Instrument techniques, such as the Activator, work well for some people and not for others, just as ...
consultancy9/8/2010
  Q: I had harsh pains on my back bone when I did an x-rays I found the following - Straightening of the ...
  A: I cannot offer you an opinion regarding the nature of your back pain, as I do not have the benefit ...
6 year with stiff neck9/3/2010
  Q: My 6 year old daughter woke up 2 days ago crying with a very stiff neck and severe pain which is ...
  A: Torticollis (from the Latin torti, meaning twisted and collis, meaning neck) manifests as ...
Burning feet9/2/2010
  Q: 3 months ago I was put on Macrobid for a possible urinary track infection. For the next 2 days I ...
  A: I would not describe an EMG as the most comfortable test in the world, but neither would I ...
Chiro vs Med School9/1/2010
  Q: I have a Master of Science in Exercise Science. I have many years of academic and clinical research ...
  A: Andrew, Thanks for your question. I commend your decision to pursue a medical school education and ...
back8/30/2010
  Q: I'm an ex army paratrooper from the early 70's that had a near fatal fall. I landed like an ...
  A: Setting aside fractures, in general, radiographic evidence of degenerative joint disease (or ...
Acid being released from being "popped"7/20/2010
  Q: I have been seeing a Chiropractor 3 days a week for 5 weeks. He told me that when he adjusts me my ...
  A: Donna, Thank you for your question, which actually has several independent parts that I will ...
Chiropractic X-rays: Standard of Care7/13/2010
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor for many years for recurrent back and neck pain. I have a history ...
  A: Steven, Thank you for your question. Numerous large-scale prospective studies have found that no ...
Numbness in thumb and index finger7/8/2010
  Q: I have had numbness in my thumb and index finger of my left hand for about two weeks now. I am in ...
  A: Peter, Thank you for your question. I can't recommend a specific treatment until you have a ...
Chiropractic Injury?7/7/2010
  Q: I had been having headaches after golf, working out, etc. and was told by a friend to go and see a ...
  A: Duncan, Thanks for your question. First, the explanation that you are having worse or different ...
stomach pains below breasts5/21/2010
  Q: A few days ago, my brother squeezed me very hard and we heard 2 pops. I thought it was my ribs but ...
  A: It looks like you've experienced a tearing of the sternal cartilage, the tissue which connects the ...
mri results-going back to work5/10/2010
  Q: "dear doc.Anzalone what to do? hurt on job will i be able to go back to physical work in your ...
  A: Joe, Thanks for your question. Your MRI results show that you have degenerative disc disease and ...
When i breathe deeply i hear a crack sound in my back5/6/2010
  Q: Please when i breathe in deeply i hear crack sound in my spine at my back. Some times when i relax i ...
  A: James, It is impossible to provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet. I recommend that you see ...
constant pain in lower back/hip4/26/2010
  Q: I have a question with my lower back and hip. I am 31 years old, and have had problems since I was ...
  A: From your description, it sounds like the problem is a dysfunctional sacro-iliac joint, but you need ...
reversed cervical curve on 15 year old4/13/2010
  Q: I took my son to a chiropractor today because I noticed his vertebra was bulging out on his neck, ...
  A: If your son has no symptoms (neck pain, radiating arm pain or numbness/tingling), then there is no ...
neck injury3/23/2010
  Q: About a year back, I was stretching my neck forward and to the right and caused some sort of damage. ...
  A: Before initiating another modality such as cervical traction, I recommend seeing your medical ...
severe pain after adjustment3/12/2010
  Q: Seven months ago I went to a chiropractor for the first time because I was experiencing so low back ...
  A: First, it is possible for manipulation to aggravate an acutely inflamed disc, usually by causing ...
Back/Spinal injury due to a fall/slip3/5/2010
  Q: I feel in a shop almost two months ago. I knew instantly that I had hurt my back. I started off with ...
  A: Tracey, I can't prescribe specific treatment advice to you via the Internet, but based on the ...
interview quick!2/24/2010
  Q: i am doing a High School Research project on Chiropractics could you please answer the following ...
  A: I'd be glad to help you with your project. Answers to your questions: 1. I evaluate, diagnose, and ...
popped out rib2/5/2010
  Q: i am 15 and i keep popping out my ribs. i keep having to go to the chiropractor to get them ...
  A: Generally, ribs can become displaced in the back where they attach to the vertebra, particularly if ...
Rib Injury1/19/2010
  Q: Dr. Anzalone, I have a rib injury that has affected me for more than 5 years. As I have gotten ...
  A: Eric, Thanks for your question. I can't provide you with a precise diagnosis or treatment ...
hip pain1/18/2010
  Q: My 91 yr old mother had a recent fall, went to ED, x-rays and CT of left hip and also head were ...
  A: I can't provide you with a precise diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, assuming that there ...
back pain/ numb fingers/ arm weakness1/15/2010
  Q: Oct 15th 2009 I was in the gym doing a very light shoulder press to warm up, A very light weight ...
  A: I can't supply you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, your symptoms warrant ...
cervical pain1/14/2010
  Q: I have had chronic neck pain for going on 14 years or so which finally went into my right arm and up ...
  A: Ellen, It appears that you have a complicated medical history, which has included multiple ...
Rotated pelvis1/13/2010
  Q: I was diagnosed with a "sprained sacrum" after a slight accident in June 2009. My sacrum was tilted ...
  A: Pelvic rotation (in any direction) is usually caused by muscle imbalances. Muscle imbalances can ...
Ringing in Ear1/12/2010
  Q: I have ringing in my left ear. It started about 10 weeks ago. No trauma or accident occurred to the ...
  A: Sometimes, spinal manipulation (or any manual therapy approach such as massage therapy, physical ...
finding a competent doctor1/2/2010
  Q: and I suffer from several back and neck pain issues stemming from a multitude of traffic accidents ...
  A: A March 2009 commentary in the journal Chiropractic and Osteopathy entitled, "How to select a ...
MRI INTERPERTATION11/25/2009
  Q: I fell about 4 months ago and im in horrible pain I got my MRI results I just don't understand them ...
  A: Regarding interpretation of the MRI: - There are five vertebrae in the lower back (lumbar spine), ...
Constant headache after injury11/21/2009
  Q: This was around three years ago. The first injury i was stamped on the head with boots several ...
  A: Andrew, Thank you for your question. With regard to your question as to whether your headaches ...
pelvis adjustment11/8/2009
  Q: my boyfriend has been going to his chiro for quite a while now and he does a particular manipulation ...
  A: I share your concerns and your suspicions. There is no legitimate "adjustment" with which I am ...
Neck Injury10/30/2009
  Q: The Injury and Context: Five weeks ago I was injured at a mixed martial arts class when I was put ...
  A: First, I would recommend seeing a musculoskeletal-based doctor of chiropractic (D.C.), or see your ...
Spinal Injuries10/26/2009
  Q: my father recently got into a motor vehicle accident. He was rear ended near the end of January and ...
  A: The MRI scan report essentially indicates that your father has some osteoarthritis (degenerative ...
RIB PAIN10/9/2009
  Q: I have be getting a sharp pain under the right side of the floating rib, went to a phsio guy and he ...
  A: Darren, Thank you for your question. In 1975, an Italian medical journal published an article ...
Car Accident10/7/2009
  Q: Please Help. I was rear ended over 6 years ago. I was waiting to turn left and I noticed car light ...
  A: Unfortunately, I don't think that I can offer you much help with regard to your question, which ...
lower back pain10/4/2009
  Q: I have been having lower back pain come and go daily its an every day thing for about a month now. ...
  A: Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a diagnosis or specific recommendations for treatment over ...
upper arm muscle9/25/2009
  Q: Five weeks ago i had a fall resulting in a four part proximal humaral fracture,i have been given ...
  A: Lynne, Thanks for your question. Technically, this question falls outside of the scope of the ...
herniated disk9/21/2009
  Q: I have been experiencing pain under and surrounding my shoulder blades since i hurt my back in a ...
  A: James, Thanks for your question. Herniated discs in the lower back (or lumbar spine) do not refer ...
Chiro side effect9/10/2009
  Q: I've been under chiropractic care for 3 1/2 weeks now. I did not have any major health problem. I ...
  A: First, the most common side-effect to manual spinal therapy/spinal manipulation iS localized ...
CLEAR and corrective care9/8/2009
  Q: I have a question regarding treatment for you. I googled CLEAR Institute and noticed that you had a ...
  A: Bosler, Thank you for your inquiry. I do not have firsthand knowledge of the CLEAR Institute or ...
Left Shoulder Blade Numbness and tingling.9/6/2009
  Q: I am not sure if your specialty is the one I am looking for but I need to ask someone. I have a spot ...
  A: While I can't give you a specific diagnosis over the Internet, in general, considerations for ...
LENGTH OF CARE9/3/2009
  Q: I am 59years old. I have a problem with my lower back going out about 2 times a year. It recently ...
  A: While I cannot provide you with specific advice related to treatment, I can offer you some general ...
vertigo8/31/2009
  Q: i went to me Chiropractor last Wed. to get my adjustment. I have MS & have been haing numbness in my ...
  A: While I cannot provide you with specific medical advice via the Internet, in general, it is common ...
STIFF BACK8/29/2009
  Q: I am from India and working in a computer firm. I sit in front of computer for 10 to 12 hours. I ...
  A: In general, anyone who is required to remain seated for roughly half of a 24-hour day is going to ...
pain worse in foot after activator adjustment in foot?8/28/2009
  Q: Had chronic pain in left outer side of foot. My chiropractor did an adjustment with an activator I ...
  A: Leona, The Activator instrument does not physically move a bone (unlike a manually-induced ...
pain after adjustment8/25/2009
  Q: I teach many fitness classes and I am in good shape. I have always felt like my range of motion in ...
  A: Firstly, it is impossible for me to evaluate your clinical condition over the Internet. In ...
chronic back pain with new pelvic bone problems8/24/2009
  Q: that was 10 yrs ago i had slight back pain and spasms for next few years.around 4 yrs ago it started ...
  A: Michelle, I can't give you specific treatment advice or a diagnosis over the Internet, as this is ...
SIJ dysfunction8/21/2009
  Q: Why many chiropractors don't believe sacroiliac dysfunction can be an upslip of the ilium? Don't ...
  A: It is known that the sacroiliac joint (SI joint) can be a significant source of low back and hip ...
Tingling in the back left side of my head.8/19/2009
  Q: For the past two to three weeks I have been experiencing a very strange tingling feeling on the back ...
  A: Caitlin, I can't diagnose your condition through the Internet, but in general, numbness in the head ...
rib/back pain8/7/2009
  Q: I am 15 years old. Recently I have been experiencing really big pains in my back when laughing, ...
  A: I cannot provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but back pain that worsens with or is ...
chiropractic injury?8/6/2009
  Q: I started going to a chiropracter for after an RSI (repetative stress injury on my wrists/hands) ...
  A: James, It's difficult for me to answer this question because I don't have the benefit of all of the ...
Restless leg syndrome8/5/2009
  Q: Can restless leg syndrome be treated by a Chiropractor?
  A: Francis, There is no substantial body of evidence to suggest that spinal manipulation can help ...
Lower Back Pain and Depo7/18/2009
  Q: I am a 40 year old woman that all of sudden started having lower back pain and pain on my sides and ...
  A: Alicia, Any question regarding potential side effects of drugs should be directed to the medical ...
Right costal cartilage7/12/2009
  Q: so I couldn’t almost breathe. One morning when I woke up I knew I had pain so refrained from even ...
  A: Babar, I can't comment specifically on your case, because I don't have the benefit of having all ...
left arm pain7/2/2009
  Q: my left arm has been going numb for about two yrs now. the left arm goes numb from time to time and ...
  A: Charra, I can't give you a diagnosis over the Internet, but as general information, symptoms ...
cervical disc rupture6/24/2009
  Q: I am a 31 yrs old in good health. 3 weeks ago I moved some furniture and woke up unable to move my ...
  A: Lee, Thank you for your question. Disc herniations can be thought of as either contained or ...
spinal manipulation and sleep apnea6/22/2009
  Q: I am 31 and found out a year ago i have sleep apnea and was not able to get used to cpap. Just read ...
  A: James, Thank you for your question. Although case reports may exist suggesting that there may be ...
Yoga6/17/2009
  Q: I am interested in starting hytha yoga and have been diagnosed with end plate sclerosis, ...
  A: I can't provide you with individual, specific recommendations for exercise or therapeutic ...
about loss of normal cervical lordosis6/12/2009
  Q: My Dad's suffering from cervical spondylyosis since past 4 and half yrs. Latest CT scan ...
  A: Spinal surgery is almost always considered a last resort and is considered when the patient is ...
back pain6/11/2009
  Q: i had an mri done and have an extruding disk that is causing me back pain. also it is causing me ...
  A: Disc herniations consist of several varying types. From least severe to most severe, disc ...
Please Help6/8/2009
  Q: I need help. two years ago I awoke one morning with severe tension in my neck. I thought it would ...
  A: It is impossible for me to provide you with a diagnosis or clinical treatment recommendations for a ...
slipped disc6/6/2009
  Q: i have had an mri scan and it showed a slipped disc between the 7th cervical vertebrae and the first ...
  A: The condition that you are describing is generally called a disc herniation, of which there are ...
Can Chiropractors Treat Scoliosis5/27/2009
  Q: I'm a patient suffering from scoliosis.I came to knowledge that Chiropractors help in reducing the ...
  A: Some proprietary chiropractic techniques establish as a treatment goal the correction abnormal ...
patella femoral pain5/22/2009
  Q: I am 18 years old and have had left knee pain for the last two years and two months. I went from ...
  A: Heidi, This is a complicated situation and you have asked several questions. First, this is not ...
my 12 yr old son neck pain5/14/2009
  Q: I have a 12 year old son that is now starting to experience pain in the left side of neck with ...
  A: Latanya, I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, neck pain on one ...
does djd cause sacralization?5/6/2009
  Q: I can not seem to find an answer to my question anywhere on the internet. Does djd cause ...
  A: No - sacralization is when part of the fifth lumbar vertebra develops characteristics of the sacrum, ...
Slipped rib4/24/2009
  Q: I have experienced a slipped rib problem for over 5 years now and have received chiropractic ...
  A: Doug, Should a rib need to be removed surgically, a cardiothoracic surgeon would probably be the ...
Neck Injury4/22/2009
  Q: .. About two months back I gave myself a pretty nasty neck injury. I was stretching and apparently ...
  A: I can't comment on your condition or prognosis specifically, but as a general comment, continued ...
Biceps injury4/19/2009
  Q: I got an injury on my left biceps during a triceps work out. I was using a Lying Barbell Extension ...
  A: I would recommend seeing a musculoskeletal practitioner for evaluation. Depending on the ...
neck pain chest and tricep partial paralysis4/5/2009
  Q: I am a 49 y/o male in top physical condition. I am a muscular weight lifter with very low body fat. ...
  A: Bulging discs that are not impinging directly on a spinal nerve root or the spinal cord typically ...
spider/varicose veins4/4/2009
  Q: i hope you can help. I have spider veins on back of my legs nothing major, however my husband who is ...
  A: Gina, My apologies for the delay in responding to your interesting question. Spider veins, or ...
Pelvis or back problem4/1/2009
  Q: Basically On sunday I went to pick up a bag of groceries and I got a sudden sharp pain in my very ...
  A: Mark, Firstly, please understand that I cannot give you a diagnosis via the Internet. Secondly, ...
chiropractors3/24/2009
  Q: how and what do i need to do to become a chiropractor?
  A: Admissions requirements for chiropractic college are generally the same. You can identify these ...
psoas muscle3/20/2009
  Q: I have had chronic back pain for the past three years following a car accident. I was just ...
  A: Danielle, A number of studies have indicated that the sacro-iliac joint is a significant cause of ...
Degenerative disc and weight lifting3/14/2009
  Q: I have been diagnosed with degenerative discs in my upper and mid spine. I wanted to start doing ...
  A: It depends upon a couple of factors... if you have symptoms because of your degenerative disc ...
neck ache not responding to chiropractic treatment.. In need of reassurance and advice please3/11/2009
  Q: I have had neck ache and discomfort for the last 6 months now, it is most problematic when i am ...
  A: Regarding the loss of your normal spinal curvature, it is hypothesized that changes to the normal ...
numbness on Rt side due to neck/back injury2/22/2009
  Q: D.C., I have been struggling with back pain for the last year, some good days, some bad. I also have ...
  A: Jona, The CT brain scan was a good idea, and even better that it did not reveal any abnormalities. ...
Joints Clicking Problem2/21/2009
  Q: Sir, I have been playing intensive basketball for around 2 years and since last few months all of ...
  A: Varun, While I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, I can tell you that in ...
Disc Disease1/31/2009
  Q: My father is 83 years old and has been having pain in his lower right side under his ribs and lower ...
  A: Liz, If my previous response to your question was not sent, I apologize for the technical error. I ...
Neck scan1/30/2009
  Q: I attended a Women's Conference at which there were several exhibitors- one of which was a ...
  A: From a public health point of view, screening tests are always a double-edged sword. One must ...
Lower Back stiffness1/26/2009
  Q: 7 days ago my back was feeling really stiff, when i did chin-ups it started to hurt. I did do foam ...
  A: If your symptoms onset after you lifted weights, you may be experiencing the normal soreness and ...
Scoliosis correction and the Clear Institute1/23/2009
  Q: I am 28 and was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in the 7th grade (your usual bend-over test by ...
  A: Susan, You're quite right... there is virtually no scientific evidence that abnormal spinal ...
grinding noise1/22/2009
  Q: i am a 22 yr old female. i decided to buy a workout video and try it out. one of the "moves" is to ...
  A: Amber, First, any difficulty with breathing is a problem that should be investigated by your ...
back and the bed1/20/2009
  Q: Sleeping on the bed for the past few nights has made my back hurt so much. I don't know why this ...
  A: If you have used your bed and mattress for some time without experiencing any back ache, the problem ...
infrapatellar swelling1/18/2009
  Q: Gerald Anzalone i had interestings about chiropractic since first i heard about it,i practicing ...
  A: Ahmad, A 1999 study (Uncommon causes of anterior knee pain : A case report of infrapatellar ...
mri reading1/15/2009
  Q: i have injured my lower lumbar on the left side.. i did this on 11-12-08. i had an mri a few days ...
  A: Greg, Unfortunately, for medical-legal reasons, I cannot read your MRI to provide you with ...
Sacrum pain1/9/2009
  Q: My mother is 91 and her right hip broke while she was standing on Sept.11-08. She had surgery on ...
  A: Carolyn, The question of whether one particular modality versus another might help your mother's ...
trapezius pain12/21/2008
  Q: I am musician (guitarest) and over the last couple of years I have been getting pain where the ...
  A: Charlie, I recommend seeing a chiropractor or a massage therapist who is skilled in the treatment ...
back and kidney?12/20/2008
  Q: The pain started with quick pain upon straigting upright, over the next two days the pains ...
  A: Chris, I am not sure what your question is. I can't give you a diagnosis over the Internet. Given ...
long thoracic nerve12/8/2008
  Q: i have a winged scapula caused by a contusion to the long thoracic nerve,caused by lifting a stove ...
  A: Response to treatment for a nerve injury depends upon a number of factors, including the severity of ...
C712/6/2008
  Q: I am having difficulty writing and holding my pen or pencil, with my right hand. My right shoulder ...
  A: Difficulty writing and holding a pen does raise the suspicion of nerve compression in the mid- to ...
need a diagnose12/5/2008
  Q: About 10 years ago I had a severe pain in my right shoulder and arm which kept me from being able ...
  A: I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, I recommend that you first ...
ajustment after c4-5 c5-6 fusion11/30/2008
  Q: will chiropractor perform adjustments for shoulder blade and arm pain after fusion surgery?
  A: Kenneth, Manual manipulation/adjustment of any region that has undergone surgical fusion is ...
chest pain / spine11/27/2008
  Q: Ive been suffering from anxiety and chest pains and eye pain, though the 2 may be unrelated. ...
  A: David, To answer your questions: 1. Congenital failure of fusion of the S1 vertebral body ...
personal training question11/14/2008
  Q: question!! visit with a chiroprator and discuss as many of the therapeutic modalites as he or she ...
  A: A Doctor of Chiropractic might refer patients to a personal trainer for individualized proper ...
Chronic back pain11/9/2008
  Q: I am 26 years old. I have had middle/lower back pain for the past 2 years. It started when I was 4 ...
  A: I recommend seeing your family physician for the possibility of receiving a prescription for a ...
chronic cough since the past 1 month and extreme pain in my ribs11/4/2008
  Q: since the past 1 and a half months i have been coughing and vomitting..iv had sleepless nights..dew ...
  A: I'm quite sure what your question is, but in general, rib pain resulting from coughing is often the ...
Prolapsed disk and Cerebral Palsy.10/29/2008
  Q: I have recently been to see a Chiropractor regards a prolapsed disc, I also suffer with Cerebral ...
  A: Liam, Chiropractors do not treat Cerebral Palsy, nor can they "cure" it, but it is possible that ...
back10/27/2008
  Q: ok for the last two months when my ovulation time is over, i get a back pain for about three days ...
  A: Julie, I'm not sure what your question is, but I recommend you first consult with your OB/GYN, as ...
rib pain10/20/2008
  Q: i currently have several ribs out of place on both sides, ibuprofen, ice, heat, rest, you name i do ...
  A: Assuming that it is actually a displaced or subluxated rib (multiple subluxation ribs is quite ...
reversal of the normal cervical curvature10/14/2008
  Q: I have had reversal of the normal cervical curvature for about 6 years now. About 4 years ago my ...
  A: Alyse, I can't provide you with specific treatment advice over the Internet, but I can tell you ...
Popping sternum10/2/2008
  Q: I am a 24 yr old male. About a year ago my chest would feel tight and by arching my back and ...
  A: Neil, Thank you for your question. Costochondritis is an inflammatory disorder that often does not ...
cracking a fuse C3-C49/20/2008
  Q: that he is fused at C3-C4? First our insurance sent him to Chiropractor because he was supposed to ...
  A: Dana, In general, manipulation of the cervical spine is contra-indicated at the level of fusion of ...
Neck pain after chiropractic manipulation9/10/2008
  Q: My husband has recently visited chiropractor for his sciatica, lower back pain that he has had for a ...
  A: Emma, No, this is not a normal response to manipulation, particularly if a regional exam of the ...
Pain in Left calf8/27/2008
  Q: I have gradually developed pains my Back my neck in the right side and in my left hand and left ...
  A: Calf pain may indicate a muscular type of pain, which may respond to soft tissue manipulation. A ...
i have scoliosis, should i use a heel lift?8/24/2008
  Q: i am 20 years old, and i have scoliosis. i notice one of my hips is higher than the other, based on ...
  A: Daniel, There is no evidence that a heel lift will improve or correct a scoliosis. My ...
Back of Head HEADACHES8/23/2008
  Q: I started having pounding headaches one morning as I was talking to a student at my desk. Once I ...
  A: Israel, There are over two hundred specific types of headaches, and virtually as many causes of ...
sacro illiac joint pain8/21/2008
  Q: I have pain in my left side of pelvis while playing foot ball 2 years ago I consult doctor he had ...
  A: Vikram, I don't have enough clinical information to properly advise you on a specific course of ...
Chronic pain below left armpit8/20/2008
  Q: I am a 26 years old male, my height is 6 feet and my weight is 200 lbs. I have a pain on my ribs ...
  A: Mustafa, Since medical pathology appears to have been ruled out by your cardiological work-up, it ...
excrutiating back pain8/18/2008
  Q: im desperately in need of answers. i have always had a large chest a 38 DD but never any back ...
  A: Brittany, A 2006 poll showed that more than half the women surveyed associated neck, back, and ...
Military Neck to Kyphosis?8/16/2008
  Q: At 18 years of age, I was diagnosed by my chiropractor with Military Neck. Now at 39 and with a new ...
  A: Barb, To answer your question, allow me to briefly define some of the terms that have been offered ...
sore arm8/13/2008
  Q: I have a really sore right upper arm. It hurts like crazy while I drive my vehicle or motorcycle ...
  A: Jim, The symptoms you describe seem to be consistent with a type of muscular problem known as ...
brain death due to car accident8/8/2008
  Q: I'm Ashok, my brother involved in a car accident on 28th June, 2008. Soon after the accident ...
  A: Ashok, First, please allow me to express my condolences for the loss of your brother. If I ...
Neck creaking8/7/2008
  Q: About 5 weeks ago my neck started cracking continuously when I turn it to the right. I feel the ...
  A: John, It sounds like you're experiencing a combination of joint and associated muscle dysfunction. ...
Reverse curve of the neck8/2/2008
  Q: Until recently, I had no idea that there was any problem with my neck/spine until a chiropractic ...
  A: Kristy, Save your money. First, having x-rays in the absence of certain clinical symptoms ...
compression treatment7/30/2008
  Q: Where do I find one that has a compression machine and do you think they are any good..I have bad ...
  A: Caroline, I think you're referring to spinal "decompression" machines. There is absolutely no ...
loss of biceps7/29/2008
  Q: I have just had damage to my left biceps. I have lost 1/3 of my biceps. I am not sure what this will ...
  A: David, I’m not sure what your question is… muscle atrophy (wasting) occurs over time following ...
Back Ribs and Sternum7/22/2008
  Q: Last week I went to a local Chiropractor for an adjustment to my back-ribs. I had pain in my back ...
  A: Richard, It is unclear to me if you are experiencing pain in your spine that is radiating toward ...
hairline fracture7/16/2008
  Q: i am a 20 year old boy boy. i had bike accident 2 days ago. x-ray said that it is a hairline ...
  A: Arun, If a stress fracture occurs in a weightbearing bone, healing will be delayed or prevented by ...
C.M.T.7/12/2008
  Q: Ive' had Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder for 25yrs and doing well playing golf working and a lot of ...
  A: Robert, As you know, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is an inherited neuropathy involving muscle ...
ribs keep poping out7/7/2008
  Q: I was in a car accident a few years back and my ribs were popped out, since then they keep doing ...
  A: Gloria, Rib subluxations can be quite painful. They may be due to ligament or cartilage damage. The ...
my right hip hurts7/3/2008
  Q: i just woke up this morning i found out that i cant move my right hip and every time 1 do i really ...
  A: Jasmine, I cannot provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet. You didn't mention if you were ...
Dizziness6/27/2008
  Q: Long story short, Jaunary started dizziness and nausea. First thought was vertigo. Had a head scan ...
  A: Dave, Thanks for your question. Regarding the first part of your question, hyperventilation ...
fractured fibula and torn/strained ankle ligaments6/24/2008
  Q: June 8th I was hiking along the Baden Powell Trail and I took a step with my left foot right angles ...
  A: Arthur, Thank you for your questions. All of these questions are best posed to your orthopedic ...
Hip Flexor6/23/2008
  Q: I have been to several doctors about a swollen area in front of my pelvis bone. I thought it was a ...
  A: Robin, If you had sustained some kind of a trauma causing some localized edema (swelling) to the ...
Rib hairline fracture5/28/2008
  Q: How long does it take to heal. Or about how long
  A: Valerie, Healing time for fractures varies from person to person. Elderly people typically need ...
Upper back pain5/23/2008
  Q: Several days ago I started out with some tingling and a crazy itch inside my left arm that I just ...
  A: Georgina, Your symptoms are most likley resulting from nerve root compression, which may progress ...
LABRAL TEAR & CHIROPRACTIC5/22/2008
  Q: I just found out I have a labral tear in my hip joint. I was previously getting adjusted by a ...
  A: Gladys, The Mayo Clinic provides this information on hip labral tears: "A tear in your labrum, ...
tingling and ear ringing after chiropractic visit5/20/2008
  Q: I suffered with a tight muscle in between my shoulder blade and spine for the last 2 weeks, which ...
  A: Theresa, While adverse reactions following a chiropractic adjustment/manipulation are relatively ...
Sore rib (i think) chest and back.5/10/2008
  Q: I'm 21 years old, relatively fit and rarely ever injured even though i have been playing a lot of ...
  A: Blaine, I'm not sure from where you are writing, but regardless of the state of your local health ...
Back cracks on it's own5/8/2008
  Q: I'm 25 year old, had pain in my back when I take a deep breath, for over 9 months. Also, whenever I ...
  A: Pedro, Based on the information you have provided, it sounds like there is a segment of your spine ...
broken rib5/4/2008
  Q: I went to a chiropractor a week a go and I think he broke one of my ribs. Is this commen an how do I ...
  A: Cyndi, Although it is possible for rib fractures to occur following manipulation, generally ...
cervical bulding horsebackriding4/27/2008
  Q: I was told not to ride, I have c4 c5-c6 bulding from riding fall maybe when it was totally ...
  A: Peggy, Christopher Reeve was paralyzed when he fell from a horse because we wasn't wearing a ...
Pain and tingling in arms and neck4/24/2008
  Q: Sir, I have been suffering from following symptoms for the last 2 months. Shooting pain and tingling ...
  A: Suresh, The first thing you need to do is see your primary care physician immediately for your ...
Chiropractic safety4/20/2008
  Q: I have LBP and pain in gluteal region. My NMRI shows no pathology. Pain is increased during ...
  A: Milos, I would need some more information than you provided in your vignette to give you a more ...
Sternum Cracks4/10/2008
  Q: My sternum cracks after sitting for long periods of time, is there anything I can do to stop this?
  A: Kent, The sternum is not a very mobile structure; there are two joints at the top (the ...
How can a personal trainer help a chiropractor?4/1/2008
  Q: What are the therapeutic modalities you use? Where would I, the personal trainer, fit into the ...
  A: Phil, Prior to leaving my practice to enroll in medical school, I used moist heat, ultrasound, and ...
Degerative disk3/6/2008
  Q: My husband was injured at work with a L5/S1 herniated disk that was also torn and leaking fluid, ...
  A: Anne, I don't know what your husband's physical therapy program consisted of, so it's difficult to ...
no pain should i see a chiropractor?3/4/2008
  Q: I recently went in for an evalution with a chiropractor that my boyfriend is seeing. They took xrays ...
  A: Kate, I am not a lawyer, so I can't advise you on the legalities of any contractual agreement to ...
constant neck popping3/1/2008
  Q: Anzalone, I would appreciate your advice regarding a persistent popping sound I hear when turning ...
  A: Mai, Thank you for your question. First, it is not advisable to allow untrained and unlicensed ...
lower back pain ( dislocated discs)2/26/2008
  Q: My dad has lower back pain a lot. He went to the docter and found out he has dislocated discs. His ...
  A: Diana, First, discs don't dislocate. In order of their deterioration, they begin to dry, compress, ...
pain between scapula2/20/2008
  Q: Good afternoon, My husband (68 years of age)has had severe mid-scapular pain since Dec. 2006. He ...
  A: Fran, A few points in your description of your husband's symptoms and treatment are not clear to ...
ball chair2/19/2008
  Q: I am looking into getting an ergonomic chair but I am wondering if the ball chairs are as good as ...
  A: Amy, I'm not familiar with any evidence suggesting that exercise balls or similar items minimize ...
numbness in toes2/18/2008
  Q: maybe I left out some important information so I am rewriting my question again, 4 months ago one ...
  A: Shadi, This question falls outside of my expertise. I recommend seeing a rheumatologist, a doctor ...
opposition to chiropractic care.2/13/2008
  Q: i personally have no opposition to chiropractors, i use them. i am a college student and for English ...
  A: Kasey, Resistance to chiropractic today by some members of the medical profession largely has to ...
7th Cervical Vertebra2/6/2008
  Q: I have had 12 chiropractic treatments of about 10 minutes each to treat a condition arising from an ...
  A: Andrea, Thank you for your question. I can see no valid reason for performing neck ...
treatment2/5/2008
  Q: when i was in the service i went to the chiropractor 2 times a week for re-alignment and electric ...
  A: Joshua, A number of electrical stimulation/therapy devices exist which are commonly used by ...
Active release therapy1/29/2008
  Q: Lower back & left leg pain. MRI shows herniation @L5 S1 same as in 11/05. Epidural steroidal ...
  A: Sir, With regard to your MRI findings, in the absence of compression of a spinal nerve root by a ...
About the treatment and definition of thoracic hump and lumbar hump1/24/2008
  Q: I would like to know what teatments can improve the right thoracic hump and right lumbar hump ...
  A: Jeslynn, Thank you for your question. I'm not really sure what you mean by a right thoracic and ...
school project1/15/2008
  Q: What made you interested in the field of chiropractics? How long have you been in chiropractics? ...
  A: Mandy, First, "chiropractics" is not a proper word... the profession is called chiropractic, and ...
Shoulder pain1/8/2008
  Q: My husband has had a pain in his left shoulder for the last 5 weeks, he thought he caught a chill ...
  A: Penny, Thank you for your question. Based on the information you provided, it's possible that your ...
Cervical spine1/4/2008
  Q: OK. So I know that you have answered questions on this before, so I am going to ask you. I have been ...
  A: Kara, Thanks for your question. A 117-degree loss of the cervical lordosis would indicate a ...
pain in left arm12/26/2007
  Q: I have this pain in my left hand, it started in forearm and now its in part of my bicep.Im not ...
  A: Mark, Thank you for your question. Pain radiating from the wrist or hand region into the bicep ...
Lower Back pain.12/22/2007
  Q: I was in a car accident in June 07. I did go to the ER at the scene but once I got home; my muscles ...
  A: Michele, Thank you for your question. Soft tissue injuries commonly result from auto accidents and ...
Herniated Disc t11-t1212/18/2007
  Q: I have a herniated disc at t11-t12. My doctor is wanting to do surgery on it and my wife would like ...
  A: Micheal, Thank you for your questin. Thoracic (mid-back) disc herniations are far less common than ...
chiropractors12/14/2007
  Q: when I visit a chiropractor how long in minutes will my session be?
  A: Shirley, Thank you for your question. The length of time that a chiropractic visit will take ...
CONSTANT pain between shoulder blades that extends into the rest of the back12/9/2007
  Q: I have had back pain for at least ten years. I am only 22, and I was diagnosed with a very mild ...
  A: Nicole, Thank you for your question. Although you provided a good deal of information regarding ...
Atlas12/6/2007
  Q: I am experiencing a clicking and misalignment in the base of my skull around the first cervical. I ...
  A: Jake, Thank you for your question. First, the term chiropractor refers to the practitioner. ...
cervical lordosis11/24/2007
  Q: I have had neck/shoulder/upper back and right arm pain for a couple of months now. I went ot see a ...
  A: Unfortunately, I can't answer your question specifically as to what is causing your neck, shoulder, ...
DRX900011/18/2007
  Q: I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING OF LOWER BACK PAIN FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS (SINCE I WAS 26 YEARS), WHICH WAS ...
  A: Insurance companies do not provide coverage for "spinal decompression" devices because they regard ...
110% loss of neck curve11/15/2007
  Q: I met a chiropractor at company's health fair, they provide evaluation on spine for only $30. I went ...
  A: Monique, First, if you don't have any neck symptoms, you shouldn't be exposed to this much ionizing ...
lower back pain11/7/2007
  Q: but for the past 4-5 years i have had a lower back problem It hasn't stop me keeping fit before but ...
  A: Scott, I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, so I can only give you some general ...
cervical curve treatment11/2/2007
  Q: I went to a "Maximized Living" chiropractor and he took an x-ray and showed me the my cervical curve ...
  A: Kurt, Thank you for your question. It is true that the average angle of the spinal curvature ...
extreme pain in leg10/31/2007
  Q: recently i started getting pain in my lower back. it hurt but nothing unbearable..yesterday while ...
  A: John, I cannot provide you with a diagnosis or prognosis over the Internet. I can only answer your ...
acupuncture10/27/2007
  Q: 2 weeks ago i've visited the acupuncturist with the minor problem of my lower back.He did some ...
  A: Sir, Based on the symptoms you are describing, I believe you require an examination by a ...
Chiropractic practices10/26/2007
  Q: I have been going to a chiropractor 3 times a week for 3 months. The chiropractor does the same few ...
  A: Craig, As you did not elaborate on your symptoms, your progress, or your present status, I can only ...
'Slightly' bulging disc & weights10/24/2007
  Q: I wanted to know a few things: - Can a bulging disc be corrected? - If yes- can one carry on a ...
  A: Yes, symptomatic bulging discs can often be corrected. However, bulging discs are a common finding ...
MEDICAL10/22/2007
  Q: I BEEN HAVING A LITTLE PAIN AND SOMETIMES NUMBNESS IN MY LEGS THAT ALSO GOES TO MY ARMS I HAD MY ...
  A: I can't provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, but in general, leg pain or numbness does ...
middle back pain10/13/2007
  Q: i am 18 and am have pain in my middle back area. it has been hurting for some time now and sometimes ...
  A: While I cannot provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, in general, pain that is in the ...
chest injury10/11/2007
  Q: I recently injured myself in training for Mixed Martial Arts. I'm a professional fighter new in my ...
  A: Ricky, Based on the information you provided, you should be evaluated by a medical physician or a ...
Arms and Neck10/4/2007
  Q: My name is Nancy and I'm writing about some symptoms that my mom has been having. She's 39 years old ...
  A: Nancy, Thanks for your question. If your mom's symptoms only occur during sleep, my best ...
What can a Chiropractor do?10/3/2007
  Q: What can a Chiropractor help with? Can i have a list of ailments that a Chiropractor can treat, ...
  A: Jacob, The evidence and research to support the efficacy of chiropractic care supports the ...
Popping in back muscle10/2/2007
  Q: ! When I massage my fiance's back and I go to push down on the muscle, there is a popping and it ...
  A: Laci, You didn't quite frame a question, so I'm not sure what you're asking. Based on your ...
constant mumbness back of head10/1/2007
  Q: I am a 49 year old woman who has had constant numbness in the back of my head for a few weeks now, ...
  A: Patricia, With the minimal information you provided, my only recommendation to you at this point is ...
what happened to my spine?9/26/2007
  Q: Anzalone, Thanks very much for fielding this question. If I can do anything for you regarding real ...
  A: Michael, Thanks for your question. While I can't provide you with diagnosis or a prognosis over the ...
Lower back pain/sick9/18/2007
  Q: Whenever I get sick, I have bad lower back pain. Taking Advil doesn't really do very much. What can ...
  A: David, Low back pain is a complex collection of many disorders, diseases, and syndromes. Most ...
annular tear on l4 & l58/29/2007
  Q: can i work continuously as a dealer standing for 8 hours a day with this condition? and how do i fix ...
  A: PJ, Thank you for your question. I assume that you had an MRI scan of your lumbar spine, which ...
upper/lower back pain8/25/2007
  Q: I have a chronic back pain and each trip to my previous chiropractor (CBP method) helps make the ...
  A: It is possible for a patient to experience some discomfort after a chiropractic treatment, just as ...
severe acid reflux8/14/2007
  Q: Can a chirprator help with 7 weeks old baby that has severe acid reflux, vomits through the nose.
  A: Melanie, No, this is a problem that needs to be managed by your baby's pediatrician, your family ...
chronic neck pain8/7/2007
  Q: I have had chronic neck pain for 15 years. Recently my lower back has begun to ache too. I take ...
  A: Barbara, To answer your question, a responsible Doctor of Chiropractic first takes a thorough case ...
Military Neck8/2/2007
  Q: I went to see the chiropractor a couple of weeks ago because of some pain in my back and my a twitch ...
  A: Courtney, "Military neck" is a general layman's term to describe the loss of the normal curvature ...
leg aches7/29/2007
  Q: My wife age 25 has given birth to baby one month before.Now from 5 to 6 days she is getting leg ...
  A: If your wife's symptoms consist of aching, spasming, or cramping sensations in the legs (especially ...
Back ache7/12/2007
  Q: When i touch the top of my spine (near the nape of my neck)If I press the bone it feels like an ...
  A: Jacqueline, It's difficult to recommend a treatment without knowing the specific problem that is ...
headaches7/9/2007
  Q: What evidence is there that chiropractic care can reduce or prevent migraines? One chiropractor ...
  A: Mary, There is evidence in the literature to support the effectiveness of a variety of manual ...
numbness left ring finger7/7/2007
  Q: This is really weird. But my hand ring finger on the tip I'll wake up and it feels numb and tingles ...
  A: Allie, The numbness that you're feeling in your ring finger may be due to a herniated disc in your ...
Extreme pain on right side under ribs7/2/2007
  Q: I've been sick for over a month with an upper respiratory infection that somewhere along the line ...
  A: Jennifer, A rib may fracture due to severe coughing; your symptoms also might indicate pleuritis, ...
Neck injury!5/15/2007
  Q: When I turn my neck to the left I get a pain and it hurts on some type of muscle and/or vein is ...
  A: Jimmy, Without the benefit of knowing your medical history or performing a physical examination, it ...
injury5/10/2007
  Q: I posed a question the other day that I have been suffering with a sore neck and shoulder on my left ...
  A: Mark, I answered your last question based on the information you've given me, but again, you need ...
unexplainable neck/face pain5/9/2007
  Q: For the last couple of years, I have been experiencing chronic tension/pressure/pain in the back of ...
  A: Vik, Without the benefit of having your medical history and the ability to perform a physical ...
neck injury5/7/2007
  Q: I dont think this is too serious but can you tell me what the problem is.I have been lifting weights ...
  A: Without having the benefit of your medical history or the opportunity to examine you, it's ...
Arm Pain / numb & tingling5/4/2007
  Q: For the last 3-4 months I've had a pretty sore shoulder and neck. I put it down to my job sitting ...
  A: Kirsty, As I don't have the benefit of knowing your medical history or performing a physical ...
Sharp pain behind ribs4/18/2007
  Q: I have a sharp pain 2 inches under the right nipple behind the ribcage. It started 2 days ago while ...
  A: Michael, There can be many causes of pain in the area of the rib cage and chest. Pain along the ...
Chiropractic help for bruxism4/3/2007
  Q: I have been grinding and clenching my teeth for several years and have received dental intervention ...
  A: Paige, Temperomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction is complicated and may have several causes, ...
chronic hamstring strain/rotated pelvis3/31/2007
  Q: My daughter aged 16 has had 6 months of chronic hamstring strains on her left hamstring, due to ...
  A: Wendy, Your daughter appears to have two problems, one compounding the other: chronic hypertonicity ...
back pain3/29/2007
  Q: My dad, 80 yrs, is suffering from back, hip and leg pain. I recently heard about a "non-surgical ...
  A: Sandy, I am assuming that the machine you are describing is one that of the various spinal ...
spinal stenosis3/27/2007
  Q: why would i have to have a mri of my pelvis if i have spinal stenosis ...
  A: Anna- Good question. If you suspect that you may have lumbar spinal stenosis, MRI scanning of the ...
CVID and chiropractic Care3/21/2007
  Q: If there any research that chiropractic care can help with Common Variable Immunodeficiency. I ...
  A: I am not familiar with any research specifically showing that chiropractic care may positively ...
left arm pain3/19/2007
  Q: I get a pain in the top of my left arm, this has been going on for months sometimes it doesn't hurt ...
  A: First, please understand that it is impossible to provide you with a diagnosis over the Internet, so ...
Pelvic pressure3/7/2007
  Q: I am being treated for long term spastic torticollis. I felt better after the first few adjustments, ...
  A: Louise, Spasmodic torticollis, or cervical dystonia, is a complicated, chronic neurological ...
First Practice Location3/5/2007
  Q: Anzalone, I will be starting my first acupuncture and holistic healthcare practice early this ...
  A: Mike, First, congratulations on your plans to start your own office. The old adage, "Location, ...
problem3/1/2007
  Q: Ever since I have had a back problem right on the middle of my shoulder blade. I have seen many ...
  A: Without having the benefit of your complete medical history, examination findings, treatment ...
hurt arm2/13/2007
  Q: I think there is something wrong with my right arm,basically when I twiest my wrist I get a pain ...
  A: Mark, Thanks for your question. It sounds like you might be suffering from a tendonitis ...
concerned about chiropractors2/1/2007
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor for the past week regarding a trapped nerve in my neck, I also ...
  A: Mark, As an addendum to my prior answer to your questions, I am providing this additional ...
Cervical Manipulations1/30/2007
  Q: I recently had a neck adjustment. For the last four days since, I have had a headache, some ...
  A: Jane, Thank you for your question, which touches on a sensitive but practical issue within the ...
pain on left hand side of neck1/17/2007
  Q: I have a muscle/nerve type pain on the left had side of my neck that sometimes spreads to the back ...
  A: Mark, Thanks for your question. Your symptoms resemble those of either (or both) muscular pain, ...
hip pain1/16/2007
  Q: I have pain in my hips when I walk about 300ft. The pain comes on gradually and the more I walk the ...
  A: Fred, I'm assuming that when you say hip, you mean the joint on the side of your upper leg (the ...
back1/10/2007
  Q: I just started taking treatments for my bad back. What I am taking is somewhat new to my area where ...
  A: Mike, Thanks for your question. It sounds like you are being treated with one of the many ...
Low back pain12/23/2006
  Q: My wife has been diagnosed with having 2 degenerated discs. Located, I believe between L1, L2, AND ...
  A: Matt, There is a great deal to be said on this subject. I shall attempt to summarize some of the ...
Middle Back Pain12/20/2006
  Q: I've have middle back pain for a few months now. I'm pretty sure it all started when I was drying my ...
  A: Michael, If I read your description of your symptoms correctly, it would appear that the pain that ...
pain in sholder and numbness in feet and toes12/19/2006
  Q: i was recently involved in a auto accident my hands are starting to swell and feel tingly and my ...
  A: Vickie, Numbness and swelling are worrisome for possible compression of a nerve root, possibly due ...
Test11/28/2006
  Q: Good afternoon. Can you tell me what the test "Costoclav" is? It's obviously abbreviated, but I am ...
  A: I think you're most likely referencing the Costoclavicular Maneuver, one of several orthopedics test ...
hip unaligned11/20/2006
  Q: About a year ago, I took a fall playing volleyball vertically on the right side of my butt. The ...
  A: Peter, Thanks for your question. If your x-rays were taken while you were standing up, and if the ...
Chiropractic Care11/1/2006
  Q: I have been told to see a chiropractor by my family doctor for neck pain issues, and he recommended ...
  A: Jeff, I'm sorry that you found my response unsatisfactory. Perhaps I didn't understand the precise ...
tingling10/25/2006
  Q: I have a tingling sensation on my left arm, the feeling of something pulling (like when you expand a ...
  A: Gilberto, Since I am unfamiliar with your medical history or your physical condition, I obviously ...
sublaxation of my L4 can cause kidney and bladder problems?10/18/2006
  Q: i have had a sublaxation of my L4 for about 12 years already. been seeing a chiropractor to correct ...
  A: Miguel, "Treat Your Own Back" by Australian physical therapist Robin McKenzie is an excellent ...
quick test on neck nerves9/20/2006
  Q: I recently went to a health fair and had a free analysis done. It was a device that looked like a ...
  A: In response to your question, which is an excellent one, I would suggest the following: 1. As far ...
rib and back pain and muscles9/19/2006
  Q: I fell about 3-4 weeks ago off of a golf cart. When I fellI twisted somewhat to my left and fell ...
  A: Some thoughts: 1. Your symptoms are not consistent with rheumatoid arthritis, which is an ...
NEEDING A CHIROPRACTOR9/18/2006
  Q: My wife had my two daughters evaluated by a Chiropractor at a free clinic and he found minor issues ...
  A: Bryan, Thank you for your question. I understand your concern. In response to your question, my ...
Chiropractor who uses activator method?9/13/2006
  Q: How do I find a chiropractor who has been certified in the activator method?
  A: I don't use this particular technique, but the best way for you to find a D.C. who is certified and ...
wrist pain8/4/2006
  Q: When i cycle for long distances my wrists hurt. They are usually in a flexed angle. I support myself ...
  A: Helen. Many athletic-related injuries mirror occupational injuries when sustained positions cause ...
tens unit6/24/2006
  Q: for chronic upper back pain, what would the "standard" settings on a tens unit be for the following: ...
  A: Petrina, I do not utilize TENS therapy in my practice, and therefore am not able to advise you ...
back cracks w/ deep breaths5/17/2006
  Q: Whenever I take a deep breath, my upper back cracks. Do you suggest I need realigned? I also cant ...
  A: The "cracking" noise that you are describing that occurs with deep breathing is most likely ...
is the chiropractic method...5/2/2006
  Q: is the chiropractic method used to prevent or treat illness
  A: Katie, I am not sure what you mean by "the chiropractic method" (there is no particular technique ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Gerald Anzalone, D.C.

Top Expert on this page