Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Dr. Man Tran, Ph.D., D.C., L.Ac.

SubjectDate Asked
Neck Injury10/30/2009
  Q: The Injury and Context: Five weeks ago I was injured at a mixed martial arts class when I was put ...
  A: There are various structures at the neck that could be injured due to the guillotine choke. The ...
Requirements for Chiropractor10/11/2009
  Q: I'm a working on my GED and having a part-time job. I dropped out of High School due to poor ...
  A: I won't be able to answer your question. You will be able to get updated information to your ...
rib pain10/9/2009
  Q: I have be getting a sharp pain under the right side of the floating rib, went to a phsio guy and he ...
  A: The location of your pain can be caused by various structures in the area. It could be the liver or ...
Pain in the hips10/3/2009
  Q: mr. Man Tran, I've been practicing taekwondo for 6 months now. I'm 19 years old. I have a problem, ...
  A: From the look at your X-ray, the right femur head is jammed into the acetabulum. This could be the ...
fell on knee9/23/2009
  Q: I am 55+ years old & fell on my right knee. It bruised & got some swelling. After 6 days I am now ...
  A: Due to your age, the healing may take a little longer than normal to heal. As long as the swelling ...
Compression Fractues9/10/2009
  Q: I saw my Chiropractor today - due to chronic back pain over the last 10 years - and he informed me ...
  A: Yes, the history of compression fractures can contribute to your chronic back pain. Best treatment ...
butt numbness :0)9/2/2009
  Q: I had a bike accident and landed HARD on my fanny. There is extreme bruising to my right butt ...
  A: Has the bruising gone down? The numbness you experience could be due to the nerves around the ...
right leg feels numb9/1/2009
  Q: I slipped and fell and hit by my right buttocks area pretty hard. A day or two later my right leg ...
  A: The slip and fall may have injured your spine affecting the nerve and blood circulation. Since the ...
Sternum Cracking8/21/2009
  Q: At first i thought it was a heart problem. So i went to the Doctor and they did a EKG showing ...
  A: It sounds like your pregnancy may have caused the sternum area to be a little loose. During ...
Loss of cervical curve, numbness8/12/2009
  Q: Tran, I have been experiencing moderate neck/back pain for several years. It only flared after ...
  A: It would be a good idea to continue therapy. Your condition may become worse with daily activities ...
Buttock Pain8/11/2009
  Q: I have a 17 year old daughter that is experiencing pain in her buttock just where the cheeks meet at ...
  A: It seems the area you describe is located at the joint where the hip joins with the low back. We ...
neck cracks8/7/2009
  Q: About a year ago i started to notice the back upper part of my neck made wierd noises mainly when i ...
  A: Hey Josh, The cracking noise coming from joints are from gas releasing out of the joints usually ...
chest cartliage pain8/1/2009
  Q: About a week ago I was trying to wake board and I felt my chest near my upper rib cage pop and it ...
  A: From what you described, it may be that your rib is out or sprained, therefore, the surrounding ...
middle back pain7/26/2009
  Q: recently i have been experiencing excruciating pain in my middle back, and i keep having to crack it ...
  A: From what you described, you may have a few ribs and upper back spine "out." What that means is ...
rib adjustments around the breasts7/24/2009
  Q: I have a bad feeling about my chiropractor. He says I need rib adjustments and does them by making ...
  A: Angela, The anterior ribs or ribs at your chest area can be adjusted as such. There are muscles ...
Misalignment after a broken foot7/23/2009
  Q: I'm going to TRY to make this as short as possible... So about 5 months ago, I broke my left foot. ...
  A: Since the injuries, your body may have changed the way you walk due to compensation. All you need ...
Right costal cartilage7/12/2009
  Q: so I couldn’t almost breathe. One morning when I woke up I knew I had pain so refrained from even ...
  A: I won't be able to advise on the injection or medications. However, I would suggest for you to ...
Please Help6/8/2009
  Q: I need help. two years ago I awoke one morning with severe tension in my neck. I thought it would ...
  A: From what you have written, I would recommend for you to visit a hospital where it is free ...
MRI impression readings 08/14/20076/6/2009
  Q: 0.5 x 0.5 x 1.0 cm left paracentral disc sequestration at L5-S1. There is mass (what is this?) ...
  A: The "mass" means there is something "solid" in the front of the thecal sac which is the part of the ...
L5-S1 pain6/5/2009
  Q: My aunt is 62 year old that has been having lower pack pain over the last two months. She has under ...
  A: Usually when a disc bulges more than 4mm and causing some pain traveling to the foot or leg ...
Pregnancy with Neck & Back Pain5/30/2009
  Q: Let me give you a brief history of me. I have cervical stenosis, degenerative disk disease (MRI ...
  A: I am sorry to hear that you are suffering greatly during your pregnancy. There is hope for your ...
patella femoral pain5/22/2009
  Q: I am 18 years old and have had left knee pain for the last two years and two months. I went from ...
  A: It sounds like your knee condition need to be dealt with aggressively. The goal is to relax the ...
Upper back pain and symptoms5/5/2009
  Q: About my background to thisI was in the military and somehow my upper spine became "twisted" to the ...
  A: The pain and numbness below the elbow would not be caused by the injury at the thoracic spine (area ...
Spina Bifida and Gym exercises5/1/2009
  Q: I am a 54 year old woman quite fit and slim build, who has been recently advised by my GP to join a ...
  A: Usually exercises involve stabilizing your core such as crunches that build the abs are good one. ...
Rib dislocation4/28/2009
  Q: My 9 year old son was riding a roller coaster and came off with some chest pain. When I looked at ...
  A: Are you sure it is a rib dislocation? Was X-ray taken to confirm this? Also look for any sign of ...
lower back pain4/27/2009
  Q: I am a female, 31 years old, 164 cm high, 72 kg; I have tow kids normal deliveries 5 and 4 years. ...
  A: Have you visited a chiropractor or acupuncture office? It is hard to say what you have without ...
Low back pain when bending/arching4/20/2009
  Q: Im a gymnast that did a stunt and caught my partner by bending over with my back instead of using my ...
  A: L., Really?... 22 years old is too old for gymnastic? Learning something new every day. Thanks ...
burning and numbess4/17/2009
  Q: I woke up to a feeling that my legs where on fire. I reached down and could not feel them. This ...
  A: What you described may be pointing to circulation or nerve condition. I would recommend for you to ...
balms for muscle and joint pain3/11/2009
  Q: i have many aches and pains mostly in my lumbar area but also hip. as i have a complicated back ...
  A: If the ointment you are using does not help with the pain, then the root may not be a superficial ...
Upper back muscle3/10/2009
  Q: I was doing yoga a sitting down forward bend with legs out in front. I stretched my left arm to my ...
  A: The muscle strain you experienced will comes and goes if not properly treated. The pain at the ...
Pain behind ribcage2/26/2009
  Q: I have exactly the same pain as Michael. Right side about 2 inches under the nipple. Mine also ...
  A: I will need more information. What kind of pain is it? Sharp, achy, dull, pulling...etc. Anything ...
Elbow Problem - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!2/22/2009
  Q: I recently hit my elbow against the weightlifting bar pretty hard. I've seen a doctor and told me ...
  A: Hey Max, It sounds like you injured your "ulnar nerve" with the hit of the bar (funny bone ...
pelvic 6 m down on left side2/16/2009
  Q: Can having a difference of 6 m on the left side of pelvis affect fertility, and what would usualyl ...
  A: Please provide more details. Do you mean the left pelvis or the hip joint being 6 meter or 6 ...
First time visit2/9/2009
  Q: I recently visited a chiroprator for the first time. I'm 27 years old. I original scheduled the ...
  A: From your history and the recommendation of the chiropractor, it sounds like there is no fix to your ...
Can I be helped?2/6/2009
  Q: I saw a Chiropractor today, and was told that I have a 119%loss of curvature, and an 8 degree ...
  A: I do not know what the "Pettibon system" is. However, with the condition you described, my ...
Back cracking2/4/2009
  Q: I was told in eight grade i had scololsis (sorry its spelled wrong..!) I'm now a senior in ...
  A: It is not normal for the neck or back to "crack" frequently. It is best to visit a chiropractor to ...
Lower back pain1/29/2009
  Q: I am 26 years old, My occupation is to continuously work on computer (sitting)At times I have ...
  A: From what you described, it most likely postural that is causing muscle pain. You may get a slipped ...
Ringing in Ears after seeing Chiropractor1/28/2009
  Q: I just recently started going to the Chiropractor after a 10 year absence of one. I decided to go ...
  A: I have not heard or have experience of ringing in the ear due to an adjustment of the neck. My only ...
neck crepitus1/23/2009
  Q: Last March I went to a chiropractor for mid-back pain. Without me knowing she adjusted my neck. ...
  A: Your condition is difficult to diagnose or find the culprit to the problem without examining the ...
right side stitch pain1/22/2009
  Q: I have an intermittent pain on my right side above my hip bone, below the ribs, in the soft tissue ...
  A: From what you described, you may have strained your quadratus lumborum or QL. It is the muscle on ...
Shoulder1/19/2009
  Q: I have a pain in my deltoid when I move my arm up overhead or to the back of me. The pain location ...
  A: No, no...no need to raise your arm to say "HI." There could be two things occuring in your ...
infrapatellar swelling1/17/2009
  Q: man tran i had interesting about chiropractic since first i heard about it,and what encourage me to ...
  A: Have you had an X-ray done of the left knee? From what you described, I am leaning more toward ...
subluxated rib2/1/2008
  Q: I have had this problem since my senior year in high school. The only trauma to my spine I have ...
  A: Maybe perhaps the muscles around the rib areas need to be work on as well. There may be scar ...
numbness in the back and ribs1/22/2008
  Q: since i can remember since child hood ive had a numbness in my left side. In my 7th grade class i ...
  A: The numbness and pain could be due to your early year postures, sport activities (if there were any ...
just hurt my neck1/8/2008
  Q: I have just hurt my neck and im worried, I was sitting on an arm chair and my head feel forward.My ...
  A: It is good that there is no pain or numbness going down the arm. The sudden forward movement of ...
Broken Rib recovery1/2/2008
  Q: I broke my rib about 10 days ago when my daughter plowed into me on skis. The pain has ...
  A: Did you receive any treatment for the injury? What kind of "fracture" did you sustain? A rib ...
Could a chiropractor cause a injury6/21/2007
  Q: I was a health man before I was manipulated by a chiroprator. Im 21 years old and I was a active ...
  A: It is hard for me to say what cause the pain to your condition without actually performing certain ...
Herniated/Bulging Discs6/18/2007
  Q: I have 2 herniated discs and 2 bulging in my neck. I am 39 and have had this since 2005. I have ...
  A: As a Chiropractor and Acupuncturist, I would recommend acupuncture for the pain in the neck with the ...
twitching5/24/2007
  Q: I have this twitching on my thumb on my right hand for the past few days, ive also feel there is a ...
  A: Hmmmm...from what you described it could be a nerve impingement at the neck area affecting the ...
injury5/10/2007
  Q: I posed a question the other day that I have been suffering with a sore neck and shoulder on my left ...
  A: Glad to hear that you are getting better! It sounds like the rib may be "subluxated" or out of ...
unexplainable neck/face pain5/9/2007
  Q: For the last couple of years, I have been experiencing chronic tension/pressure/pain in the back of ...
  A: From what you described, it may be due to tension at the base of the skull producing the pressure ...
neck popping5/7/2007
  Q: when I turn my neck to the left and then straighten it back out my neck pops everytime, it has been ...
  A: It may not be serious if you don't have symptoms involving nerve such as pain, weakness of the ...
neck injury5/7/2007
  Q: I dont think this is too serious but can you tell me what the problem is.I have been lifting weights ...
  A: Well, going to a chiropractor is a good step to take. This will allow the practitioner to examine ...
my back5/6/2007
  Q: I came here hoping you can give me some advice. I am 53 year old lady and i suffer from panic ...
  A: From what you described, it seems to be a sciatic nerve being aggravated from the low back and ...
Ribs- Concaved5/5/2007
  Q: I fell and cracked acouple ribs on my left side and have been dealing with pretty bad pain when I ...
  A: How long has it been since you cracked your ribs? Has it healed completely even though there were ...
Popping / Cracking of Joints4/24/2007
  Q: What is the norm for "popping" or "cracking" finger and/or toe joints? I was told not to do it on my ...
  A: Sometimes the joints in the body "crack" spontaneously with movement and this may be due to the ...
Sciatic and hip joint popping4/19/2007
  Q: I'm 26 and I've danced almost my entire life. Ever since high school, I've had pain in my hip ...
  A: My apology for the delayed response. My connection has been down. It seems the muscle ...
severe pinched nerve in neck region4/9/2007
  Q: For the past 5 years i have been getting regular chiropractic treatment. My X-rays show that i have ...
  A: The severe pain at the neck may be due to the lack of curvature in your neck. This may alter the ...
back pain.4/5/2007
  Q: Recently, I have experienced pain in my back just below and on the last few ribs. I have tried ...
  A: From what you have described, it sounds like your muscles are not the cause of the pain. This is ...
Damaged nerve problem3/30/2007
  Q: I have had some nerve damage to the nerves coming out of the sacrum due to back surgery. Have a bone ...
  A: It depends the type of nerve damage of your condition. If it is cut or torn, then decompression may ...
Buttock pain3/26/2007
  Q: Thanx in advance for reading this: So today, I was on my walking to work and I felt this sharp ...
  A: Well, I will make a guess to what you may be suffering from. However, keep in mind that it is best ...
Bursa3/24/2007
  Q: I have a large swollen bump on my elbow the medical doctors says it "bursa", can it be helped with ...
  A: A bursa is filled with fluid caused by some friction at the area in your elbow. Most likely surgery ...
hurt arm2/13/2007
  Q: I think there is something wrong with my right arm,basically when I twiest my wrist I get a pain ...
  A: The pain along with the aggravaton of pain with certain usuage of your arm indicate more of muscle ...
Uterine Fibroids2/12/2007
  Q: What is the best natural remedy for uterine fibroids????? Which teas and natural herbs are best for ...
  A: My apology for the delayed response. My internet has been down and unable to log on to attend to ...
Pain on my entire back2/8/2007
  Q: I went to a chiropractor a year ago in order to heal my right shoulder, and lord behold after he ...
  A: I apologize for the delayed response. I was unable to access my email due to connection problem. ...
concerned about chiropractors2/1/2007
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor for the past week regarding a trapped nerve in my neck, I also ...
  A: Where (what country) are you in? The reason I asked because in America, the practice of ...
Burning inside the ears1/30/2007
  Q: I have had a burning inside my ears for a month now been two 3 doctors and and ENT doc been on ...
  A: Burning inside the ear may have various causes. It could be an infection or a cut in the ears which ...
lower back pain1/19/2007
  Q: my husband have had lower back pain for a while i have massaged his back rubbed bengay what can i do ...
  A: It is hard to advise of management for your husband low back pain when I don't quite know the nature ...
pain on left hand side of neck1/17/2007
  Q: I have a muscle/nerve type pain on the left had side of my neck that sometimes spreads to the back ...
  A: From the description of your complaint, you may have injured the muscle around your shoulder and ...
dextroscoiliosis1/16/2007
  Q: I recently had a chest xray and it revealed that I have a mild dextroscoliosis of the lower thoracic ...
  A: Two main factors determine the seriousness of a scoliosis. First is the age of the person with the ...
Posterior verses anterior subluxations1/16/2007
  Q: Tran, Thank you for your willingness to answer questions! How can a chiropractor detect if a ...
  A: Chiropractors can detect the direction or position of "subluxation" simply by palpation. By feeling ...
tingling in back, neck and around mouth1/11/2007
  Q: I am from the state of Ga. Tried the acupuncture once but now am trying light massages and will work ...
  A: I prayers are with you and I do wish you quick recovery. If the massage helps, then stick to the ...
back1/10/2007
  Q: I just started taking treatments for my bad back. What I am taking is somewhat new to my area where ...
  A: The procedure you described does help with low back pain by distracting the vertebrae relieving the ...
leg numbness and burning sensation.11/22/2006
  Q: I woke one morning and i felt a cramp hit in my right butt. After several hours the cramping moved ...
  A: First of all, I hope you are doing well and are enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday presuming you are ...
Mature student with lower back pain11/21/2006
  Q: my back pain began 2 years ago after i bent down to lift something, it lasted a few days. I have ...
  A: From what you have described, it is very suspicious that you may be suffering from facet sydrome or ...
tmj or not10/1/2006
  Q: I was pain free for 10month there, after visitng Jan Devries, but unfortunately I turned over in bed ...
  A: It sounds like you have strained your neck and maybe dislocated your tmj or jaw joint. The only ...
young lady with lots of back pain...HELP9/14/2006
  Q: My question is... I am a 22 year old female with alot of lower back problems. My MRI findings are as ...
  A: According to the findings on the MRI, your conditions sound very serious especially for someone your ...
Dislocated rib, depressed sternum9/14/2006
  Q: About three months ago, while doing a rapid twisting motion to the left, I dislocated a rib at the ...
  A: It seems your body has healed itself around the "dislocated" rib. This is the reason why you don't ...
interview for school project9/7/2006
  Q: im doing a school project and when i get older i want to be a chiropractic. And we're doing this ...
  A: Alright Carra, Good to hear someone who is interested in helping people naturally. I do apologize ...
Hip/leg pain9/5/2006
  Q: Tran, I have a question regarding this on/off pain in my right hip. I started having joint problems ...
  A: It seems your conditions are hormonally related. The body will produce a hormone that will allow ...
tae kwon do and the back8/31/2006
  Q: my son now just 4 years has been taking tae kwon do now for 8 months. i have quite a few medical ...
  A: In my professional opinion, at 4 years old the body is still developing. The bones, joints, ...
hi about tension in facial muscles8/27/2006
  Q: I was wondering about whether I should go to see a chiropractor about a certain condition before ...
  A: Chiropractic can help with the facial tension since it is the muscles that are causing the problem. ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Dr. Man Tran, Ph.D., D.C., L.Ac.

Top Expert on this page