Chiropractors/Questions Answered by Expert Robert A. Arnone, DC

SubjectDate Asked
Had Ct SCAN XRAY NORMAL3/13/2017
  Q: Hey Robert I just wanted to let you know i went to med express And they sent my ct scan And xray on ...
  A: Carolyn, Are you able to send me those films? In most cases of so-called normal is when I am able to ...
hit head neck and back hurt3/4/2017
  Q: When i hit it didn't black out or anything i did put ice on my head and neck But my neck and head ...
  A: Sorry to hear of your injury. From what you are describing to me it sounds like you already were ...
brachioradial pruritus12/23/2015
  Q: After 3 cervical surgeries over the past 7 years I'm experiencing what I believe is brachioradial ...
  A: Bob, I am sorry to read of your troubles. That can be extremely frustrating and is likely caused it ...
nerve pain10/18/2014
  Q: Robert, I am a 43 year old ...
  A: Rick, What you are describing to me is in most cases due to a brachial plexus compression at or near ...
Can chiro help with autism & allergies in kids8/23/2014
  Q: I have a 5 year old son who is on Autism Spectrum. Also he constantly suffers from nasal congestion ...
  A: Specific Chiropractic can help children on The Spectrum as well as with their Allergies and Asthma. ...
Chronic Upper and lower Neck pain2/22/2014
  Q: It started about one and a half years ago. For about 2 nights in a row It felt like I slept on too ...
  A: Miss Serena, Head and neck problems are not something to take lightly, especially when accompanied ...
Swelling of the nasal turbinates1/19/2014
  Q: Doctor, I am a 50 year old male that has suffered from poor nasal airflow for years. I'm certain ...
  A: John, Thank you for providing me with so much detailed information so that I could better ...
Can Atlas Orthogonal Cause Breathing Problems?10/26/2013
  Q: I had Advanced Orthogonal treatment in 2012. I was in very good overall health except for my back ...
  A: George, This is a tough question to answer because I am not looking at your chart to see things like ...
reverse c of the neck and hip pain10/2/2013
  Q: Dr Arnone, A couple of years ago I went to a chiropractor for neck and shoulder pain and she ...
  A: Miss Donna, If you indeed do have a reversed cervical curve then there will always be problems ...
Head spinning7/13/2013
  Q: My doctor had put me on topamax lyrica gralise and amitriptyline. I take other medicines also. These ...
  A: Sean, You likely have many contributing factors to your abnormal functions. As a Brainstem ...
Neurologist Recommendation?5/31/2013
  Q: Can you recommend a neurologist in St. Louis, MO that has experience with brachioradial pruritus?
  A: Miss Valerie, Yes, I can recommend an outstanding neurologist in St Louis for you, but I only will ...
Facial tightness/numbness5/17/2013
  Q: I went to see the Chiropractor about tingling on my left side, arm, leg and after several visits the ...
  A: Miss Lynn, Yes, I have suggestions for you. First of all, a general chiropractor is usually good for ...
Valid treatment?3/4/2013
  Q: Arnone, I had a DC do "orthoginal" method on me and he said I needed to come in 3 time per week for ...
  A: Miss MaryBeth, Yes, Atlas Orthogonal Treatment is very valid. Especially since the Atlas holds up ...
difficulty walking. pain, lack of sleep,...!!!3/2/2013
  Q: HELP!! Will Upper Cervical be my answer? I will try to list ALL my issues according to years- to ...
  A: Miss Debbie, I am sorry to read about all of your trouble over the years. You ask me if Upper ...
back of head numbness2/14/2013
  Q: I woke up this morning with the back of my head numb. My back if my. Neck has been. Super sore as ...
  A: Gary, Allow me to ask you a few questions to better help me to help you. Have you had any recent ...
residual burning/tingling post total knee replacement1/22/2013
  Q: I had a Lt total knee replacement 10/20/11. I experienced burning and tingling from my thigh to my ...
  A: Miss Marion, This is tough to answer without examination. The trouble that you are having may be a ...
Amnesia.1/8/2013
  Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9673.php ...
  A: Mr Prashant, Amnesia is a very complex disorder because it involves the brain. Medically, they will ...
Am I moving in the right direction?12/29/2012
  Q: I will try to be brief but I am in need of a little direction. I have scoliosis and have been ...
  A: Miss Paula, Scoliosis aka Abnormal Spinal Curvature is Serious, it will always alter blood and nerve ...
scoliosis lordosis kyphosis12/13/2012
  Q: My question is... When will doctors realize that scoliosis is the body’s way of compensating for ...
  A: Mr Patrick, This does not seem like a question at all, but rather your self treatment and results. ...
Upper cervical specialist referral9/30/2012
  Q: Arnone, In your last conversation, you referred someone to an upper cervical specialist because of ...
  A: I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have had a larger than usual influx of patients ...
reverse neck curvature8/10/2011
  Q: I have been experiencing headaches & neck ache for the past few months. Today while in a seated ...
  A: Stephanie, Yes, a reversed cervical curve is nothing to take lightly. I am sorry to say that the ...
Costochondritis7/21/2011
  Q: I am a healthy 21 year old female, 110 lb., 5’3”. Exactly a month ago I did some heavy breathing ...
  A: Michaela, First of all, you need to understand that soft tissue takes a minimum of 90 days to heal ...
my son is brain injured6/11/2011
  Q: my son is brain injured since 2008 and i need a doctor to have a look at him now to evaluated his ...
  A: Randa, First of all, I am very sorry about your son, but I want you to know that there is Hope. I ...
C4 rotation6/10/2011
  Q: it is rotated to just before it would break, my chiropractor who found it was quite surprised I am ...
  A: Sheila, Your Chiro has found this problem over a year ago but he or she has not been able to ...
Where should i start and waht is a good college?6/5/2011
  Q: What undergraduate program should i do to then move on and go to grad school and become a ...
  A: Michael, That is terrific news, good for you! When it comes to Chiropractic Schools and my ...
hurniated disck lumbar and cervical5/23/2011
  Q: What's the best way to treat a lumbar and cervical neck compression?
  A: Richie, In short to answer your question; the Best way to treat a lumbar and cervical compression ...
brain hemorrhage5/13/2011
  Q: what is the treatments for brain hemorrage....what does it mean brain sackked...
  A: Kalpa, Can you please give me some more information? Did you have an accident or injury that brought ...
Age 25 - Chronic Mid-Back Pain4/18/2011
  Q: I have been battling an injury for a few years now. I'm not sure exactly what event caused this ...
  A: Marc, It sounds like you have been trying to do whatever you can in order to rid yourself of this ...
problems with my legs/foot3/27/2011
  Q: I am feeling sort of weakness in my legs. It's very difficult for me to stand on one leg and even ...
  A: Philips, What you are describing to me sounds very much like the effects from Upper Cervical Spine ...
numbness in left leg3/3/2011
  Q: i am 34 years old i have been having numbness in my left leg from the knee down to my ankle for ...
  A: Tara, First of all you should know that this is not normal and so something is going on to cause ...
back2/28/2011
  Q: my mri says for T10 and T11 there is a small paracentral disc protrusion without central canal or ...
  A: What you have described to me are serious injuries. This lets you know that you have a ...
Upper back pain/ stiff neck2/19/2011
  Q: I Have a question, I have had an accident and I decided to see a chiropractor because I have a lower ...
  A: Haisha, First of all, if you told him of your concern and it made your chiropractor "really mad", ...
seeing a chiropractor1/25/2011
  Q: I have been seeing a chiropractor for a few days and the xrays showed that my neck is completely ...
  A: Shannon, First off I will start out by telling you that chiropractic is most likely your best ...
lower back1/18/2011
  Q: This is more of a comment really. I think there is something that the field of Urology is blowing ...
  A: Clay, I am not familiar with the back 2 life machine but I can tell you that the nerves coming out ...
bulged disc in c- 411/24/2010
  Q: i have a bulging disc in my c-4 upper neck. i have had it for about 2 months now and i played ...
  A: Mike, I would need to see pictures of your c spine to better answer your question. If you do have a ...
horrible facial pain and itchy arms in the fall10/1/2010
  Q: I am at a loss as to who to see for help. For the last 4 years my arms would itch to where I would ...
  A: Beth, It is a good sign that you had some relief after going to the chiro. Let me ask you this, is ...
my 91 yr old mom w.stenosis9/27/2010
  Q: My 91 year old mother has spinal stenosis with very severe pain. She wakes up crying every morning ...
  A: Patti, When someone has built up or accumulated destruction for many years not only are there ...
Question thyroid, muscle tightness, digestive problems - are they related?9/2/2010
  Q: Dr. Arnone, I read an answer you posted for someone with Thyroid issues and you told them about ...
  A: Tammy, It is very likely to be the result of an upper cervical subluxation but the only way to know ...
intercostal problems?8/27/2010
  Q: I used to work a job that required alot of repetitive lifting.I was diagnosed with two herniated ...
  A: Rick, I would highly suggest seeing a chiropractor in your area and giving him or her about 2-3 ...
Neck Pain7/26/2010
  Q: Due to chronic neck pain I just had a x-ray of my neck last week and the following results came ...
  A: Ron, It doesn't sound too good for you. When these reports get written, much too often they go to ...
Severe headache, neckpain and earache7/22/2010
  Q: I have had a headache for almost three weeks now and since it first started I have also experienced ...
  A: Danielle, Have you had pictures taken of your cervical spine? (MRI, X-Ray, CT) If you could send me ...
chronic pain7/20/2010
  Q: Im a 39yr old female.Am petite,slim,non smoker,hardly ever drink,blood pressure fine,colesterol ...
  A: It doesn't sound good. Can you send me a disc of the MRI of your cervical spine? Being that I am a ...
MVA6/22/2010
  Q: I was a pedestrian hit by a car in a crosswalk! In Dec/09 i was told i had soft tissue injuries to ...
  A: If you have been seeing a chiropractor without any x-rays after being in a car accident, the first ...
Pain in leg even when resting6/19/2010
  Q: I have been experiencing pain in my left leg mainly behind my knee and my calf. It is not relieved ...
  A: Lucy, It is very possible that you are experiencing an effect known as Sciatica. If this is the ...
Ribs/back pain, trouble breathing while asleep6/18/2010
  Q: I appreciate you taking the time to read this, i am serving our country in afghanistan and cannot ...
  A: Cory, First of all I want to say THANK YOU, for your efforts which allow me and my family to ...
Chronic back/joint pain, Spina Bifida Occulta6/4/2010
  Q: I have been having back pain since I was 12 years old, I am 21 now and for years I have been in ...
  A: Sarah, It is obvious that you are suffering the effects of abnormal function in your body. The ...
Rib-Cage5/15/2010
  Q: Its been a number of years that I have noticed my Ribs tend to "poke out" just above the belly, it ...
  A: Adam, Yes, my advice is to find yourself an Upper Cervical Specific Doctor of Chiropractic. We see ...
15 year old with back pain.5/6/2010
  Q: My 15 year old son has been having back pain off & on for about a year now. I think it originated ...
  A: Karen, General Chiropractic will be better for your son then any medicine or surgery would do. ...
pain on right side of chest4/4/2010
  Q: an unknown pain on right side of chest next to middle of chest very sharp comes and goes pain ...
  A: It could be the fact that God gave you a Gall Bladder for a reason, and now you have had man take ...
Restless leg syndrome?3/30/2010
  Q: I have an uncontrollable shaking in my legs. Sometimes I'm sitting at work and I have to move my ...
  A: You are most likely suffering from a nervous system condition. If the nerves are impinged between ...
neck injury3/23/2010
  Q: About a year back, I was stretching my neck forward and to the right and caused some sort of damage. ...
  A: Avi, The major problem that you have is that NOTHING you are doing is correcting your problem and ...
siatica3/16/2010
  Q: i would like to know how to relieve the numbness i now have in my left leg. I have been diagnosed ...
  A: Gail, If this is left alone it will get worse and then you will need surgery. We see this quite ...
Tingling in back of neck/back/shoulder3/8/2010
  Q: I was in a car accident a few months ago. I was stopped and a pickup truck was going about 60 MPH ...
  A: Dee, I have a great idea of what it could be, and I have helped many people with similar problems ...
back/hip pain3/2/2010
  Q: i visited my doctor a number of years ago who sent me for xrays and was informed i had curved spine ...
  A: Louise, I see this type of case quite often, and it is highly likely that the problems you are ...
nervous system2/27/2010
  Q: Two months ago I hit the left back of my head with an iron window while lifting my back to stand .A ...
  A: Kawther, It is very likely that you suffered from an upper cervical injury. This is not something ...
ulna nerve entrapment2/22/2010
  Q: i have been diagnosed with the above condition. i have had it for nearly six months now. i have been ...
  A: Isabel, Unless you have suffered a debilitating injury to your elbow, wrist, or hand, this is most ...
alzheimer - my husband2/15/2010
  Q: Reminyl has been prescribed. Dr. Tharp in Halifax, N.S. is our DC. Can Dr. Tharp be used in ...
  A: It is possible that your DC can help also. We have seen a great number of Alzheimers Patients ...
Neck Pain and Nausea2/2/2010
  Q: About 3 months ago I passed out in a small room due to high fever and I hit my head. I was having ...
  A: Mike, It is very likely that if you can send me your MRI and CT scans that I will be able to find ...
facet tropism1/17/2010
  Q: i am all but sure i have this at l3-l4 as also have a few other birth defects like spina bifida at ...
  A: Chatchai, One thing that I can tell you is that what you have tried has not helped you because you ...
Pain in buttock bone1/15/2010
  Q: I am undergoing pain in my buttock bone for last 2.5 years. It pinches on the bone upon which we sit ...
  A: Your problem cannot be solved with any drugs, it is most likely a structural problem and therefore ...
anterior tilt lower cross syndrome10/7/2009
  Q: I am 33 and have been suffering from lower cross syndrome for the last 10 years. I have an extreme ...
  A: Naz, It sounds to me like you have not been to the right doctor yet, thats all. If you are able to ...
loss in neck curve9/30/2009
  Q: I am 25 eyars old and have suffered with headaches/neck pain everyday for the past 10 years. As you ...
  A: Sara, It is hard for me to say for sure, because I have not examined your case. But in general, ...
headaches9/17/2009
  Q: I have had chronic daily headaches since April. My physician and neurologist have run an MRI, EEG ...
  A: Susan, First of all, I want to say that I am glad to hear that a patient of mine has recommended me ...
Pain9/9/2009
  Q: I am suffering from acute syatic nerve pain. My Pain is in the lower back, however the greatest pain ...
  A: Steve, Yes, there is hope. At my clinic I have seen phenomenal results with Sciatica, but that was ...
dislocated rib, pain, treatment4/29/2009
  Q: Dr. Arnone: I read your answer to someone regarding a dislocated rib. (I copied and pasted it at ...
  A: Karrie, In regards to the rib trouble, I do not recommend any supplements although when a rib goes ...
neck pain4/22/2009
  Q: how can you get rid of knots in your upper neck without going to the chiropractors?
  A: Kim, You can probably try to have massages done every day and/or apply a heating pad for 20 minutes ...
vertigo & loss of hearing4/21/2009
  Q: Good AM, Last August went to ER with severe vertigo & sudden & total loss of hearing in my left ear. ...
  A: James, Here is a quick bit about the 8th nerve: This is the nerve along which the sensory cells (the ...
The Brimhall Method and Is My DC Legit4/19/2009
  Q: I have just started seeing a DC in my area with an expertise in the Brimhall Method of Chiropractic. ...
  A: Sofia, The basis of Chiropractic is to locate and correct Nervous System Interference, mainly ...
Loss of neck curve4/8/2009
  Q: I recently took my 15 year old daughter complaining of occasional lower back pain to a Maximized ...
  A: Kathleen, I am not so concerned with the number of visits as I am with the number of adjustments. ...
Toe injury4/6/2009
  Q: A fire extinguisher fell on my left big toe and started to feel cramps, numbness, pain and twitching ...
  A: Feona, Those types of shots have side effects and some of which are weaker ligaments as a result ...
Heel Lifts3/22/2009
  Q: I have been suffering from back pain for several years and recently decided to consult my ...
  A: Tyler, NO this is not correct at all. It is time to find a new chiropractor because this one ...
NEED ADVICE - RECENT DIAGNOSIS3/12/2009
  Q: I just got into a car accident a week ago, 3/2, and have been in a lot of pain with my neck and ...
  A: Rebecca, You are very smart for writing to me and asking me these questions BEFOREHAND and taking a ...
shoulder drooping3/11/2009
  Q: sir,what are more common causes of shoulder drooping? and the rare causes?how can we go for the ...
  A: Mahesh, That is actually a posture check that we do in our office which corresponds to the C2 ...
Low Back Pain with No significant problems in the MRI results3/4/2009
  Q: I started experiencing lower back pain about 1.5 years ago. I was fully active and exercising at the ...
  A: Omer, You are most likely suffering from a nervous system disturbance. Can you send me the pictures ...
CES devices for anxiety/OCD3/2/2009
  Q: there are various CES devices on the market (Alpha-Stim, BT-7, CES Ultra). In your opinion which one ...
  A: Alex, I apologize but I would not be the best person to ask this question to. You see, as an Upper ...
Occipital pain and headaches2/28/2009
  Q: I have been suffering with headaches for most of my life (i am 37 now). I have had a history of head ...
  A: Nic, First of all do not give up. We usually find trouble where no other doctor is able to find ...
Ongoing head pressure2/20/2009
  Q: I'm a 45 year old male, in what I believe to be excellent physical health. I have always remained ...
  A: Mr Seibert, This sounds horrible. I am sorry that you are going through this as this is no way to ...
Hashimotos/fm/cfs2/9/2009
  Q: I had an initial consultation with a very experienced chiro and was very impressed. I was going to ...
  A: Dawn, It is very likely that your health condition requires the expertise of a specialist. In our ...
upper back pain2/4/2009
  Q: i have upper back pain since i delivered my daughter from 2.5 years, sometimes it becomes severe, ...
  A: Sally, There is a good chance that you are suffering from what is referred to as a Spinal ...
Lower back pain1/29/2009
  Q: I am 26 years old, My occupation is to continuously work on computer (sitting)At times I have ...
  A: Adnan, The only way to know for sure is to undergo tests. I cannot diagnose this over the computer. ...
Thermography?1/26/2009
  Q: Robert, I wrote to you over xmas, never recieved a reply, I was wondering if you use thermography ...
  A: Henryk, I apologize but I did reply via email to your question a couple of weeks ago. Yes we do ...
Brain Based Therapy1/21/2009
  Q: I have been in a couple of accidents both times rear ended.It was so bad one time I was hospilalzed. ...
  A: Mae, Every doctor has their own fees. I suggest that you call the location and inquire about seeing ...
pain in right quad1/13/2009
  Q: I was using the leg press machine with one leg at a time when the sled slipped and came down on my ...
  A: Leif, This is difficult to assess over the internet. At this point if this continues I would ...
Brainstem Specialist, Upper Cervival Doctor1/5/2009
  Q: I saw a question that another user asked about Lyme Disease and nervous system problems. I too have ...
  A: Terri, What town and state are you in? I will see if I can locate a specialist for you. Please ...
thoracic spine pain1/4/2009
  Q: I am a healthy, active, 38 yr old female, 5'5",weighing 117lbs, with 2 young children 4yrs and 6yrs. ...
  A: Beth, Subluxations can have thousands of causes and what most likely occurred is that you were ...
ocd Dallas12/26/2008
  Q: Is there a chiropractor near Dallas/Ellis County in TX that could help with OCD? Thank you.
  A: B, Yes, you are in luck! You will have travel a bit but this is the doctor that can help you and ...
OCD12/22/2008
  Q: I am 42 year old male having OCD since my school days. I would like to find out how much help a ...
  A: Nataraj, Since OCD is highly involved with the brain and thoughts and personality, there is a good ...
Ear Ache - Neck pain12/14/2008
  Q: I had a sinus op five years ago and two/three weeks later I started to get this awful earache in my ...
  A: Sally, I do not know if I can help you either at this point but I am certainly willing to try. So ...
spinal cord compression C4,c5c6c712/12/2008
  Q: my mother had spinal cord compression after a fall in September 2006 at the level of C4,C5, C6 C7. ...
  A: Koshav, In regards to your mother, a chiropractor can possibly help her with her spinal cord ...
Hashimoto Thyroid12/10/2008
  Q: I have tried a number of meds. Synthroid, than Armour, now Levoxyl + Cytomel. Nothing does well I ...
  A: Pat, There certainly is someplace that should be looked at. That place is the source that runs all ...
Pain in right side/flank area12/2/2008
  Q: Over the past 4 years I have been experiencing pain in my right side/flank area. It all started ...
  A: Paul, Back supports have not been proven to help you and they actually may make your back muscles ...
Upper cervical work for allergies11/26/2008
  Q: I read you post on chiropractic work for allergies and the need for upper cervical adjustments. I ...
  A: Jessica, It was not an easy task, but I found someone for you that I believe will be able to help ...
Back pain and hip pain + General aches11/21/2008
  Q: Nearly 2 days ago, I was playing football and running at top speed (Well as fast as I can run!!), ...
  A: Anthony, This is certainly an abnormal finding that no one should go through in their LIFE, ...
extra ribs11/20/2008
  Q: I have just been diagnosed with having 2 extra ribs. Recently received an xray for an ongoing ...
  A: OK, these are known as cervical ribs and although for whatever reason your innate decided to put ...
adult with missing corpus callsum11/14/2008
  Q: I don't know if you know anything about this but my husband has been having pain on the right side ...
  A: Kacy, First of all, do you know if he is missing the entire corpus callosum, or a certain part of ...
Torticollis?9/9/2008
  Q: I think i might have congenital torticollis, now I'm 50 and it was never diagnosed at birth. ...
  A: Betsy, The underlying cause is the Upper Cervical Subluxation. This is when the top two bones of ...
nasea9/1/2008
  Q: I read in chiropractic journal about a facial manipulation that released trapped sinus fluids down ...
  A: Don, I apologize but I have never heard of any facial bone manipulations to release trapped sinus ...
chest vibrations8/27/2008
  Q: What is your email address? I have chest vibrations when I wake up in the morning. Do you know a ...
  A: Robert, My e-mail is: DrArnone@GetWellSTL.com I do not know anyone in Arizona at this time. I am ...
getting well in Bullhead, AZ8/25/2008
  Q: I have an undifferentiated auto immune disorder that they believe is attacking the autonomic nervous ...
  A: Vicki, When I asked about your DC manipulating your entire spine I meant (Neck/mid-back, and low ...
brachioradial pruritus treatment8/19/2008
  Q: I've been experiencing what I believe to be brachioradial pruritus for the last senveral months. ...
  A: Ed, You have a wonderful clinic in Watertown that will be able to help you, this is one of my "Best ...
needing some answers8/15/2008
  Q: occassionally i have been experiancing a tingling sensation in my face and both arms at the same ...
  A: Wendy, YES! We see a major problem that is the cause of abnormal in the body every single day that ...
pinched nerve in hip8/12/2008
  Q: I have seen the chiropractor three times, with little relief. He says he doesn't want to do too ...
  A: Patricia, The Chiropractor is correct in telling you that it may take some time, knowing how much ...
OCD8/11/2008
  Q: I stumbled on your response to a parent that has a child with OCD. I too have a child with OCD and ...
  A: Michaela, You have a very good Upper Cervical Specific Doctor right in your area, I would like you ...
OCD8/9/2008
  Q: Recently I went to a mamimized living chiropractor, and he adjusted me what felt like way up high, ...
  A: Nikki, First of all, is this Chiropractor a Specific Chiropractor or does he twist and pop the head ...
Back & Legs8/8/2008
  Q: My husband has been hurting in his lower back and in his legs aroung the calf area, a few days ...
  A: Melinda, The only way that I could know for sure what was causing the pain would be to examine him ...
back pain8/7/2008
  Q: i m having the back pain since four year.and i did my MRI Test.The result is : marrow signals are ...
  A: Faisal, The problem that you are suffering form is due to a misalignment in the lumbar spine and the ...
Burning leg pain and loss of feeling right leg8/4/2008
  Q: I am a 47 yr old male. I am experiencing burning and tingling sensation on the right leg, thigh,calf ...
  A: Marshall, It is possible that what you are experiencing are the after effects of your surgery. ...
back pain7/29/2008
  Q: i was triped and fell on my right hip to the side i was told i have bulges at L-3-4-5 pelvic buttocs ...
  A: Nina, I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but I will say that you should have your problem ...
Pain7/27/2008
  Q: I have got a pain from my left shoulder which gradually came down to my left hand, in the palm and ...
  A: Ali, You are most likely experiencing the effects of an Upper Cervical Subluxation. This is when ...
Brachioradial pruritus7/26/2008
  Q: I have read your answer to the questions posted here. Just wondering why it would be seasonal. ...
  A: Susan, What you are suffering from is an effect of Brainstem Pressure and Nervous System ...
breathing difficulty after a fall7/25/2008
  Q: yesterday i had a fall in work were i slipped and fell on my bottom. immediately i couldn't breathe ...
  A: Amanda, Your Upper Cervical Spine has no bony locks to prevent it from moving as the rest of the ...
Chiropractor7/25/2008
  Q: Can you recommend a chiropractor/s in the middle TN area? In or around Shelbyville, TN (37160).
  A: Kristi, I can send you to someone but keep in mind that this Doctor is not one of my "best of the ...
right side chest / shoulder pain7/20/2008
  Q: two days ago i woke in the morning to find that i had a sharp pain in the right hand side of my ...
  A: Simon, There are many toxic chemicals in cigarettes bought at a store. So many that you are better ...
Foceps birthing7/18/2008
  Q: I was a child of this process and now at 44 yrs of age i have discovered this, I suffered most of my ...
  A: Jack, I feel for you. Every day in my clinic I talk about the process of birth and how it needs to ...
Stiff knee/back pain7/16/2008
  Q: For seven month I have had a progressing symtom in my leg locking-knee gets stiff and won't bend. ...
  A: Susan, Since the nerves that pass through every part of your body including your legs are located in ...
Severe OCD7/9/2008
  Q: my 19 year son has been suffering from severe OCD since 13. We've tried various conventional ...
  A: Irina, Every single thing that you have done up to this point has been directed at the effects ...
pain in chest and back6/27/2008
  Q: I AM A 44 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I AM HAVING CHEST PAINS THAT RADIATE TO MY BACK AND I ALSO HAVE ...
  A: Susan, It sounds like you may have some trouble that needs to be looked into. I would suggest to ...
brachioradial pruritus6/26/2008
  Q: I have severe itching ion both arms. I was fine for 2 months until I hurt my lower back in the gym. ...
  A: Brian, What you are suffering is most likely an effect of Nervous System Interference from a ...
Nerve pain from spinia bifida occulta5/31/2008
  Q: I am a 19 year old female. When I was 11 I was told I have Spinia Bifida Occulta (from an X - Ray i ...
  A: Christina, What you are experiencing may very well be the expression of your lower spinal cord ...
Numbness5/31/2008
  Q: I have been experiencing numbness in my right hip for about 6 months. And know I am starting to have ...
  A: Heather, Regardless of the "effects" in your body, it is a sure sign that something is wrong when ...
Numbness problems4/22/2008
  Q: I am looking at going to one of the two doctors you referred to me already. I was wondering if you ...
  A: Ryan, The two that I recommended to you are top notch Doctors. I have been searching for you for ...
Tingling/ mid back pain/ 17 month old son not sleeping through night4/11/2008
  Q: I am a 30 year-old mother of a 17 month old. I was fairly active before my pregnancy and I also ...
  A: Tiffany, First of all thanks for writing. All of your questions and concerns are very valid ...
back and how it can relate with nervous system possibly?4/9/2008
  Q: alright.. so I am a 17 year old male and i have been "cracking" my back and occasionally my neck ...
  A: Tyler, YES, the spinal cord is part of the CNS and the CNS controls and coordinates all cellular ...
Numbness problems4/8/2008
  Q: Its been three years now with numbness that started in right foot, now its on both sides of my body ...
  A: Ryan, You have been seeking out doctors who treat effects and therefore you have not gotten well at ...
Pain in my fingers4/3/2008
  Q: I have pain in my fingers, right at all the joint spots. When the pain comes I find it hard to move ...
  A: Crystal, I am so sorry, I did not receive your question for some reason. I just received a request ...
Neck Pain3/28/2008
  Q: I am 16 years old. Sometimes when I turn my neck cracks and my toes go numb for a few seconds.When ...
  A: Chris, You need to go to an Upper Cervical Doctor of Chiropractic. This is the person who will take ...
Allergies and sinus congestion3/28/2008
  Q: I apologize in advance for having so many questions, however I do not know who else to turn to for ...
  A: Alyssa, You should be able to keep the dogs and both improve if you see an upper cervical ...
left big toe, left thumb and left mid buttox numb3/27/2008
  Q: What could be causing the above symptoms with both knees and left foot being cold to the touch. I ...
  A: John, It sounds like you may have an Upper Cervical Subluxation with likely misalignments in the ...
Overtraining3/22/2008
  Q: I am 22 years old, male. Last March I overtrained myself pretty badly and needed 3 weeks of ...
  A: David, If health and longevity is something that you are concerned with, then I must suggest that ...
Sorry too many replies to last questions had to ask new one!!!3/17/2008
  Q: I do have another one. Curious to know if you have ever heard of MSAS testing? Gentle hugs, Debi ...
  A: Debi, You probably mean MSA Testing (Meridian Stress Assesment), and yes I have heard of it. I think ...
post operative facial pain3/15/2008
  Q: Rob, i had some wizdom teeth out 8 weeks ago and have had terrible complications on the RHS of my ...
  A: Steve, I am what is known as a "Straight Chiropractor" What that means is that I practice according ...
tingle3/14/2008
  Q: I'm getting a tingle on the left side. I mainly feel it in my foot/lower leg area and also some in ...
  A: I have two terrific doctors for you, one is in Bowling Green and the other is in Russell. Here are ...
spinal stenosis, DDD, and buldging disks3/12/2008
  Q: How is it possible to spinal stenosis, DDD and bulging disks and 1 1/2 years later this is what it ...
  A: Debi, First of all, it is possible to have all of those problems clear up and normalize, in our ...
Lower back pain3/12/2008
  Q: I am having a lower back pain that doesn't go away. The pain is felt on the left hand side lower ...
  A: Michael, It sounds to me like you have an injury possibly in the lower back area where you are ...
vertigo3/9/2008
  Q: my question is concerning vertigo that I got last March. I don't have the spining sensation anymore, ...
  A: Obed, You need to see an Upper Cervical Doctor of Chiropractic so that you can be properly ...
gets sick laying on the back3/1/2008
  Q: I am here actually asking about this strange symptom my boyfriends is having. He gets really sick ...
  A: Ginni, This can be very serious and should be regarded as such until it is proven otherwise. I ...
sciatic nerve2/24/2008
  Q: I just went through surgery because i have a decompressed disk on the sciatic nerve/ I still have ...
  A: Donna, Your best decision would have been to see The Spine Doctor (Doctor of Chiropractic) Before ...
Extra rib and Shoulder pain2/23/2008
  Q: I am diagnosed with an extra rib, because of which I am suffering with right shoulder pain, ...
  A: Anu, While it is possible to have another rib than most people that is probably not the cause of ...
Help2/7/2008
  Q: I have been suffering with right shoulder pain and neck stiffness for nearly a year now and ...
  A: Since the Brainstem is Houston Control for the entire body, you would want to see as Upper Cervical ...
The Atlas Orthogonal technique2/6/2008
  Q: Where can I find a Chiropractor in the San Diego area that uses the Atlas Orthogonal technique? I ...
  A: Marie, This is the best doctor in your state. Let me know if this will work for you or not. I ...
Hi2/4/2008
  Q: take advil and stretch it out...Well i had stopped doing that and i walk funny and i walk crooked ...
  A: Stefania, If it is a muscle sprain, then you need to rest that muscle as much as possible for a good ...
cant sleep2/3/2008
  Q: I've been waking up during the night with one of my arms going numb when I turn to sleep on my other ...
  A: Gina, More than likely there is an underlying structural problem in the cervical spine that would ...
runny nose1/22/2008
  Q: my 5 year old has had a runny nose basically all of her life and we have had tonsils and adenoids ...
  A: YYESSSS!!!! You should definitely get her over to this doctor if he or she is an upper cervical ...
numbness in the back1/22/2008
  Q: Since childhood I have experienced numbness in my back and left side. In my 7th grade class i was ...
  A: James, It sounds to me like you have been accumulating destruction your entire life and now at the ...
just hurt my neck1/8/2008
  Q: I have just hurt my neck and im worried, I was sitting on an arm chair and my head feel forward.My ...
  A: Mark, It is possible that you subluxated your cervical spine, or it is also possible that you ...
Tingling Sensations1/8/2008
  Q: I am a 49 year old female in great health. BP - 116 over 76, pulse-78 , height-5'7", weight-168 ...
  A: Ruthie, Your situation is no question a nervous system problem. Since Doctors of Chiropractic are ...
PRESSURE REAR RIGHT SIDE BASE OF HEAD1/4/2008
  Q: A year ago of May 2007, I was walking down a couple steps with a cell phone to my right ear, when ...
  A: Deanna, All of the tests that you are doing, and all of the doctors that you are seeing, and all of ...
pain in left arm12/26/2007
  Q: I have this pain in my left hand, it started in forearm and now its in part of my bicep.Im not ...
  A: Mark, Great Question? Now I have one for you: Where do ALL of the nerves in the body come from? ...
Allergies12/26/2007
  Q: My stepdaughter's mom got a German shepard mutt several months ago. I started to get very ill, only ...
  A: Donna, The best suggestion that I could give you is to find yourself a good upper cervical ...
Lower Back12/23/2007
  Q: I have been going to my chiro for two months now and I think she great. However, two weeks ago, she ...
  A: AVI, I am sorry, I did not mean to be so harsh, I am sure that she is nice and means well. I have a ...
finger numbness12/16/2007
  Q: I am a 28 year old female that was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari malformation in 1998. I had ...
  A: The only answer that I can give you is I don't know. I don't know what is causing the problem in ...
Back/lumbar region tingles12/12/2007
  Q: I was wondering if you could help me shed some light on a sort-of (!) problem I am having. I have ...
  A: Jen, Anytime that a person experiences "tingles" or more importantly "electric shock sensations" it ...
Pain between my shoulder blades12/7/2007
  Q: A couple of days ago I woke up with a minor pain between my shoulder blades and it became ...
  A: Christy, I am sympathetic to your financial situation, but as a doctor giving advice about your ...
Atlas12/6/2007
  Q: I am experiencing a clicking and misalignment in the base of my skull around the first cervical. I ...
  A: Jake, The best suggestion that I can offer to you is to see an Upper Cervical Specific Doctor of ...
Back Pain12/4/2007
  Q: My girlfriend has a set of extra ribs which has always given her back pain she's 26 now and has ...
  A: Who told her that she has an extra set of ribs? Does she have recent x-rays that verify this to be ...
massage intake form11/27/2007
  Q: I know your a chiropractor but even though I'm a massage student, I think you or anyone could relate ...
  A: A Doctor of Chiropractic and a Licensed Massage Therapist are two completely different professions ...
neck pain11/14/2007
  Q: It seems that when my neck needs adjustment I'll occasionally get other symptoms like dizziness ...
  A: See an upper cervical doctor of chiropractic to help take care of this and many other problems that ...
sternal adjustments for headaches11/5/2007
  Q: Recently a chiropractor did a thoracic adjustment where I heard a cracking sound in the area of my ...
  A: I am sure that there is even more to this story, but from what you are telling me in your question, ...
chest wall vibration11/1/2007
  Q: I recently had my third son when i was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I then started having a ...
  A: Apryl, Doctor's only know what has been seen before and what has been printed in medical books, or ...
Neck Pain for since April11/1/2007
  Q: Dr aronoe- I have been experiencing upper neck pain and shoulder pain for since April. I received PT ...
  A: All of these things that you are considering doing and have been doing have one thing in common: ...
GERD , Allergies and Chiropractic Care10/28/2007
  Q: Arnone, My son is 20 years old and is studying voice in college. He has had allergies/slight asthma ...
  A: Beverly, You are smart to ask if chiropractic can help you and your son. Since the nervous system ...
BRACHIORADIAL PRURITUS10/26/2007
  Q: Has chiropractic care been used to successfully treat BRACHIORADIAL PRURITUS? If so -- what is ...
  A: Pamela, If it has anything at all to do with the nervous system than chiropractic is involved and ...
Recent Numbness problems10/24/2007
  Q: I am 23 years old 110/70 bp, Asthma, in what I thought was pretty good health. Recently, I've had ...
  A: Nick, I definitely think that you should go and an upper cervical specialist. This is a Doctor of ...
Back pain10/22/2007
  Q: I have been having mid back pain and pain under my right breast just as the rib cage starts, are ...
  A: It could possibly be a gall bladder problem. If you come up with that conclusion, you may want to ...
chest pain10/12/2007
  Q: I find something hard in my chest(like round and flat shape). whenever i touched, it hurts a lot. it ...
  A: It is very difficult for me to give you an answer without seeing you in person. I need to know what ...
numb big toe10/9/2007
  Q: I have numbness in my left big extending down to the bunion. It is worse at night and practically ...
  A: Samantha, This is certainly a nervous sytem problem that should be addressed immediately. You will ...
cervical herniated discs9/30/2007
  Q: I have 2 herniated discs in my neck from an auto accident in august 2003. I did physical therapy ...
  A: No you probably do not need surgery. The reason I was asking is because once you have surgery your ...
Hi9/29/2007
  Q: Do you know any Chiropractors that work in any of the Boston hospitals?
  A: No, and the ones who do are NOT the ones that you want to see. I told you who to go and see, many ...
Relation between Neck Injury and CFS...9/24/2007
  Q: Just over 3 years ago, after a traumatic upheaval of my life resulting in the loss of my home, I ...
  A: Nicci, YES! You are having your problems from a subluxated upper cervical spine which is putting ...
hi again9/17/2007
  Q: ok but i going to see a doctor today. And my mom told m that te doctor is going to massage my neck. ...
  A: Yep, it sounds like you are going to the wrong doctor. Most doctors (almost every single one of ...
neurological symptoms9/14/2007
  Q: Can you please help me urgently.i have day+night continual episodes of tingling/pins and needles in ...
  A: Mary, Are you anywhere near St Louis? Or could you make arrangements to get out here for a week or ...
lacrosse-Wrist9/13/2007
  Q: I started to play lacrosse again. I know you use your wrist. But is there anyway to damage your ...
  A: Hey! It's nice to see a Lax question, I also play lacrosse and I teach lacrosse as well. Did you ...
RIGHT SIDE CHEST PAIN!9/12/2007
  Q: I, for about two weeks, have had this pain right underneath my right breast and It moves to my ...
  A: Yes, it could be gallstones. I just wanted to rule out a rib out of place first. It is possible ...
Numb thumb and index finger9/7/2007
  Q: My left thumb and index finger are numb. I started noticing a couple days ago that I am dropping or ...
  A: C6 nerve root supplies the thumb and index finger, which means that you probably have a misalignment ...
clavicle9/2/2007
  Q: I@ve recently been told that i have an extra set of clavicle bones as I have been experiencing ...
  A: Did you just acquire this "extra set of clavicle bones"? This sounds like you are having trouble ...
Left side of face tingling8/20/2007
  Q: For the past few months, I have not felt like myself. First I started having chest pressure, and ...
  A: Lisa, It sounds like you have multiple nerves being affected at the same time. I would suggest a ...
multiple broken ribs & pneurothorax8/5/2007
  Q: dec 19th 2008 will be 2 years since my road traffic accident how much longer will i feel this dull ...
  A: Anthony, It sounds like you may be having symptoms from severe trauma (Car accident). It is hard to ...
Numbness!8/3/2007
  Q: first I want to make clear when I say "numb" I mean a feeling like the feeling I get when my ...
  A: Marie, You have scoliosis (a spine problem), you have sciatica (a nervous system problem), you ...
left big toe numbness7/27/2007
  Q: 36 yr old healthy female. I have been experiencing left big toe numbness for about a week now. It ...
  A: Lynda, A true straight doctor of chiropractic is a nervous system doctor. So to answer your ...
TMD/TMJ7/23/2007
  Q: I have had problems with TMJ to the point where it has been causing disturbances that feel like ...
  A: go to www.upcspine.com and read the TMJ article. The upper cervical spine is closely related, and ...
health6/29/2007
  Q: Hallo Robert,my name is lillian and i have been having a problem with my health for two years now. ...
  A: Lillian, Since the Central Nervous System is the master system of the body, it controls and ...
dislocated rib6/18/2007
  Q: i was wakeboarding this weekend and landed funny and i think i might have dislocated a one of my ...
  A: Noah, If a rib is out of place, it is almost always very uncomfortable, and even more so when ...
Sciatica? Radiculopathy?6/11/2007
  Q: I have had previous back problems, but they have always resolved in a couple weeks... I now have ...
  A: You need to see a chiropractor. If you send me your town and your closest city to which you live, I ...
nervous system5/30/2007
  Q: I didn't know whether you got my email address like you requested. It is justforlooks@yahoo.com ...
  A: Tam, A Cardiac Stress Test is not something that I would recommend. The reason for that is that you ...
twitching5/24/2007
  Q: I have this twitching on my thumb on my right hand for the past few days, ive also feel there is a ...
  A: Mark, The area of the spine where the nerve root exits is between the C-5 and C-6 Vertebrae. This ...
strain on nervous system5/20/2007
  Q: I am pretty much at my wits end with not knowing where to go with my health. I have been very ill ...
  A: Tam, We have much success with cases just like yours which we would usually categorize as the worst ...
unexplainable neck/face tension5/9/2007
  Q: For the last couple of years, I have been experiencing chronic tension/pressure/pain in the back of ...
  A: Vik, You need to see an upper cervical chiropractor. This doctor is an expert at working on the ...
Upper Right hand side back pain5/8/2007
  Q: I have this upper right hand side back pain for about 2 weeks know and it's irritating me, recently ...
  A: Pravindra, That is alot of driving to do every day. It may be so much that your body is trying to ...
neck injury5/7/2007
  Q: I dont think this is too serious but can you tell me what the problem is.I have been lifting weights ...
  A: Mark, More than likely you have something going on in the upper spine. I would recommend that you ...
my back5/6/2007
  Q: I came here hoping you can give me some advice. I am 53 year old lady and i suffer from panic ...
  A: Helen, You need to go to an Upper Cervical Chiropractor. He/She will be able to analyze the top two ...
Philosophy4/24/2007
  Q: Is syphilis caused by nervous system interference? Is that what you where taught or do you believe ...
  A: Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Herpes, whatever you want to call it, are all the bodies physical expression of ...
spine trouble4/5/2007
  Q: Have had a problem with lower back now for 6 days...2 days ago had a physio come and do an ...
  A: First of all THE ONLY professional that is qualified to give an adjustment is a Doctor of ...

All Questions in This Category

Chiropractors

Robert A. Arnone, DC

Top Expert on this page