Choosing Alternative Therapies/Health condition

Hi PatG, I am impressed by your profile and dedication to natural healing. I have a couple of questions.
1) I have a bladder infection and my doctor has given me a prescription to drink hydrogen peroxide. I wonder if anyone has ever tried hydrogen peroxide through a catheter into the bladder. What is the downside of that procedure.
2) I have sever pain when I pee. No problem other times. I think it is an enlarged prostate, but I have not had any MRI or test to confirm. Can you suggest anything for that pain. Also what is the most effective procedure for bladder infection?
All the best,

Hello, Kenneth,

You are basically asking for medical information about your condition. I cannot answer your question directly because I am not a doctor. Nor can I prescribe treatment.

That said, I can point you in a few directions. Drinking hydrogen peroxide does bear some risk. You have to follow instructions STRICTLY. I am not aware that anyone has injected hydrogen peroxide into the bladder with a catheter, but given the fact catheters can cause infection, it seems rather counter-productive to me. And there are risks of physical trauma to tissues or actual injury as well.

The most commonly promoted remedy for bladder infection is cranberry juice. I don't know how effective it is. But if you decide to try drinking it, be sure the juice does NOT contain sugar or artificial sweetener, because this will defeat the action of the juice. It should be organic, if you can find some. And yes, unsweetened cranberry juice is quite tart.

There are other remedies that are sometimes used, that are natural. You can find out about these by doing a search. I believe Dr. Mercola has discussed this, so you might want to visit his web site.

Some other possibilities include taking colloidal silver for ten to twenty days. Also, Xylitol is good for bacterial infection, but you have to be careful if you take it internally, because it can have some unpleasant side effects. You could try rubbing it on your skin above your bladder. I don't know how effective this is, but I have used it for a minor infection which is close to the surface of the skin. You'd have to do this for awhile. It depends on what TYPE of infection you have as to what the best remedy is. There are other remedies for various types of infections, including garlic and grapefruit seed extract (very bitter, by the way, even when only a few drops in water are taken).

The pain you are experiencing could be due to the infection, or it could be due to the enlarged prostate. There are herbal combinations that will address this problem as well. If you go to Newsmax and sign up for their health alerts, you will receive information from different doctors, and some of them have written about this topic. Usually, an enlarged prostate comes with other problems. These can all be addressed through herbal remedies.

I won't be able to give you a more extended answer at the moment, because there is something I will have to go do soon. But if you have additional questions, or cannot find the information I am suggesting, let me know. Take care. I hope you will soon heal.

Choosing Alternative Therapies

I can answer questions about which modalities are effective, and which are less effective, or outright quackery. I can answer questions about which modalities have a spiritual component, and explain why they do. I can advise Christians on which modalities they can practice without violating their faith. I can locate resources, that will help a person find a practitioner. I can help a person figure out what questions to ask of a practitioner, and what kind of practitioner to seek. I can also recommend internet resources for various health problems. I can discuss various martial arts, explain the theories behind them, and explain which require a spiritual component, and which rely on physical forces for their effectiveness. I have studied various religions for a number of years, and can talk about meditation techniques from a Christian point of view.

I have experience as a patient with a number of alternative therapies. I have researched many of them, and know which ones are more effective than others. I particularly focus on which therapies would be compatible with the Christian faith. Some modalities have a spiritual component, which is not compatible. I have also practiced herbalism with my family and friends for a number of years. I have experienced various kinds of physical manipulation for dislocated joints and other similar problems, and I have trained in the martial arts, which is relevant to some therapies. Martial arts are also therapeutic. I have also been writing a book on the uses of Sonoran Desert herbs, which already has 900 pages. It is a review of information in the literature, coupled with some of my personal experience. I have done the research for this book in eight languages. I also have done strength training and weightlifting. I am familiar with some technique and nutrition.

I studied the use of Sonoran Desert herbs with Peter "Bigfoot" Busnack. I studied midwifery with Norman Casserley, aka Mister Midwife. Three of my children were born at home. I have a second degree black belt in taekwondo and have also played judo and studied Kem Scrima Do.