Choosing Alternative Therapies/Host

QUESTION: I know I may be in the wrong Topic but any help will be ok.

My Mom is going to have 2 Teeth taken out and snd she has Pulmonary Hypertension.

She has it all under controle with Meds but she did have Cancer on the Tounge 2 Years ago.

She is doing Great and all is well but she may have to go into a Hyperbaric Chamber before and and after for a fue Day.

Would this not make her Pulmonary Hypertension Worse or Increase?

ANSWER: Hello, bob,

Indeed, this is the wrong topic, and I am the wrong expert to answer your question. Your mom is using standard medical treatment. It is a completely different mindset.

Hyperbaric Chambers provide oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure. I would venture to say that the only way you can get an accurate answer to your question is to include the names of her medications. Without that information, it may be hard to say what effect this will have. Different medications react differently, but they all have adverse effects. Medications also usually will not heal a condition, but just manage symptoms. It would also be important to know WHY they want her to go into the chamber.

I would assume your mom won't listen to any recommendations you make, especially if they come from someone whose paradigm is alternative health therapies. Usually, a person who is involved with standard medicine is not open to alternatives. Standard practitioners use terror tactics to lock people in. In my experience, it can take months to years to persuade people to drop out of standard medicine and turn to alternatives. The fear has that great a hold on people.

Probably the best persons to ask the question are the doctor who wants her to go into the chamber, and the doctor who treats her pulmonary hypertension.

Good luck with this. Let me know what you find out.

QUESTION: My Mom takes   TriCleer   for her  Pulmonary Hypertension.
And if she has any Teeth out they told her she must go into a Hyperbaric Chamber for about 60 Days befor and 60 Days after or give or take.

To help with the Healing.

I just dont want this to make her Presure go up.

PS she is going to ask her DR. I just wanted to know what you think?

Hello, bob,

My suspicion is that the purpose is to oxygenate the blood better, so it should relieve any extra stress on her lungs. But again, the best thing to do is ask her doctor why he is ordering this.

Here is information on Tracleer:

It is always wise to check out the concerns before agreeing to any medication. IF the listed problems are not acceptable, start searching for alternatives. To my mind the fact that it is hard on the liver really means it is very toxic, because it is the liver's job to rid the body of toxins. The most common support for the liver among herbs is silymarin. If she would be interested in taking it, she needs to check with her pharmacist about possible interactions. He should have a copy of the herbal version of the Physician's Desk Reference. If he doesn't, you can probably find this information online by looking for silymarin or milkweed.

I hope everything goes well for her.

Choosing Alternative Therapies

I can answer questions about which modalities are effective, and which are less effective, or outright quackery. I can answer questions about which modalities have a spiritual component, and explain why they do. I can advise Christians on which modalities they can practice without violating their faith. I can locate resources, that will help a person find a practitioner. I can help a person figure out what questions to ask of a practitioner, and what kind of practitioner to seek. I can also recommend internet resources for various health problems. I can discuss various martial arts, explain the theories behind them, and explain which require a spiritual component, and which rely on physical forces for their effectiveness. I have studied various religions for a number of years, and can talk about meditation techniques from a Christian point of view.

I have experience as a patient with a number of alternative therapies. I have researched many of them, and know which ones are more effective than others. I particularly focus on which therapies would be compatible with the Christian faith. Some modalities have a spiritual component, which is not compatible. I have also practiced herbalism with my family and friends for a number of years. I have experienced various kinds of physical manipulation for dislocated joints and other similar problems, and I have trained in the martial arts, which is relevant to some therapies. Martial arts are also therapeutic. I have also been writing a book on the uses of Sonoran Desert herbs, which already has 900 pages. It is a review of information in the literature, coupled with some of my personal experience. I have done the research for this book in eight languages. I also have done strength training and weightlifting. I am familiar with some technique and nutrition.

I studied the use of Sonoran Desert herbs with Peter "Bigfoot" Busnack. I studied midwifery with Norman Casserley, aka Mister Midwife. Three of my children were born at home. I have a second degree black belt in taekwondo and have also played judo and studied Kem Scrima Do.