Choosing the Right College/M.Tech speciliazation

i have completed B.Tech(EEE) and wrote GATE and got 4954 rank in it
and i want to know that which specialization is best.

on considering
1.future aspects
2.placements  etc.

There are two parameters that one should consider:
1. Brand name/college name
2. Field of specialisation

Assuming that you get a choice between power systems and electronics respectively, both the terms are used interchangeably in India. Power systems deal with the transmission, assemblage and distribution whereas power electronics deal with the control and conversion using rectifiers/diodes etc...

If u wish to take up a job in India, i will certainly go for a power electronics course as it widens up my prospects in electrical as well as electronics area.
As far as placements is concerned, it depends more on the college name and ur marks/cgpa secured. But if you have enough confidence, then your hard work will def get you through placements.

which one is better between power electronics and high voltage engineering

because  i am getting admission in both the courses in the same college

please help me sir

thanking you sir  for your information

Power elec is an evergreen field whereas HVE is an upcoming field in India. The concept of HVE for its commercial use and application was started in Sweden in late 1970's when they first developed the technology of transmitting DC High voltage over the distribution lines whereas power elec is an already well matured subject. If planning to do Phd, then HVE will be a better option.

If i put myself in ur place, I will choose power elec for the following reasons:
1. Power elec is a more diversified subject and presently, more companies are working in this field. So i will have  a variety of companies to sit for during placements.
2. If safety is a concern, I have to take more precaution dealing with HVE.
3. It will be easier for me to shift my domain from Electricals to Electronics and vice versa...

U can feel free to call me at 9731733083 for a better elaboration.

P.S. Recommend you to provide a feedback.

QUESTION: i got admission for M.Tech in JNTU .and i got admission in ETO(electro technical officer)in merchant navy .i am totally confused which one to choose.
which career is best in all aspects
guide me sir

thanking you sir

Hello Sundar,

Please let me know your ambition? If your ambition is to live a well settled life then i prefer you should go for merchant navy. At the end of the day, if you are doing Mtech for a secure future then i say merchant navy job is more lucrative. The future is also bright in merchant navy.  

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).