Choosing the Right College/being a NRI admissions in engeneering colleges.

Question
I have studied till 8th with CBSE Board in INDIA and i am continuing my studies from 9th with CBSE Board in Saudi Arabia. For better education in India in engineering colleges,i should continue here in Saudi Arabia or i have to take admission in India?

Answer

There are three options for you.
1. Do your schooling till 12th standard from abroad, return to India and take admission via NRI quota. OR
2. Do your 10th standard from abroad,then do your +2 from India along with join a coaching institute to prepare for engineering entrance exams. OR
3. Do your schooling and bachelors from abroad and apply via NRI quota for masters.

In case you have determination and confidence, I suggest you go for option 2. India is very competitive and in order to get admissions into the top 50 colleges you need to burn the midnight oil.

In case your dad can spend upto Rs 20-25 L, then NRI quota is a viable option and it is much easier to get admissions into the elite colleges... IIT's no longer offer NRI quota.

In case you have any more queries, feel free to revert.
----Abhimanyu

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg