Choosing the Right College/being a NRI admissions in engeneering colleges.

I have studied till 8th with CBSE Board in INDIA and i am continuing my studies from 9th with CBSE Board in Saudi Arabia. For better education in India in engineering colleges,i should continue here in Saudi Arabia or i have to take admission in India?

There are three options for you.
1. Do your schooling till 12th standard from abroad, return to India and take admission via NRI quota. OR
2. Do your 10th standard from abroad,then do your +2 from India along with join a coaching institute to prepare for engineering entrance exams. OR
3. Do your schooling and bachelors from abroad and apply via NRI quota for masters.

In case you have determination and confidence, I suggest you go for option 2. India is very competitive and in order to get admissions into the top 50 colleges you need to burn the midnight oil.

In case your dad can spend upto Rs 20-25 L, then NRI quota is a viable option and it is much easier to get admissions into the elite colleges... IIT's no longer offer NRI quota.

In case you have any more queries, feel free to revert.

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).