Choosing the Right College/IB certificate program for universities abroad

Question
Hi, I am N.Sreenivasan of IB certificate and I study in the Pathways World School in India.I wish to know that,

Q1. Do Universities abroad recognize IB Certificate for admission ?

I have taken :-

Biology (Higher level)
Geography (Higher level)
French B (Standard level)
English A (Standard level)
Mathematic Studies (Standard level)

I wish to persue my furthur carrier on environmental and resource management as a majorr course.

Can you please guide me. I shall be grate full to you.

Thank you,

N.Sreenivasan

Answer
Hi N. Sreenivasan,

Many of our US colleges will reconize your IB certificate, but please understand more and more schools are changing their policy regarding IB and AP.  With nearly 4000 different schools, you can be certain that there will be variations.  Some will only recognize the higher level IB while others will just credit elective credit for standard level.  However, expect your IB to either meet the requirements for the subject or allow you to move to a higher level once you begin.  Your hard work will pay off so don't be disappointed.  

I know many students want to get college credits even before starting college, but you really want to take all the classes offered at your college, even if it means you're "repeating" the course.  Chances are good that even though you feel you've taken it already in high school, college is very different and much harder than high school.

Sounds like you're looking forward to college, have fun and remember to focus on your dreams NOT the school you'll attend.  

Choosing the Right College

Joon Kim