Choosing the Right College/Recruiting unsolicited

Question
If you do extremely well on your PSATs and SATs will colleges come to you to try and persuede you to attend their college or university?   Or os contact pretty much always student to co
Lege?

Answer
Hi Robert,

Will you receive marketing material from schools?  Yes.  I don't know what you mean by "persuade", but they certainly use standardized exam results such as PSAT and SAT to market their programs to students and families.  As a general rule, schools with less prestige will indeed offer more perks to try and recruit students to attend their school.

I hope you'll have the excitement of multiple schools wooing you to attend their school.  However, note that receiving an unsolicited recruitment material via mail does NOT necessarily mean they are strongly interested in "recruiting" you.  Many schools use clearinghouse or mailing list to send out mass mail to students and families.  

Choosing the Right College

Joon Kim