Choosing the Right College/College preperation

I don't know what category to ask this question so hopefully you can give me some advice :)

I'm 16, homeschooled, and will be a Junior this fall. I hate math, always have, and now I feel I'm behind :( I'm finishing Algebra 1 and will be starting Geometry this fall How many math courses do I need to get into a decent college? Do I need a math after Algebra 11 like Trig or pre-calculus or calculus? Would you recommend taking two math courses this year like Geometry and Algebra 11?

I'm also planning on taking Chemistry this year and Physics next year, is that okay? Is their any other courses I should take before college? I'm not planning on doing PSEO this year but will for sure do PSEO next year.

I do a Catholic online school and I feel like I'm behind in school :/  I haven't decided exactly what I want to go to college for but I either want to work with children (child care, elementary education) Like be a teacher or child care provider or work with animals like a Vet Tech. What math and science courses do I need? Also, will I be behind if I only do 1 year of PSEO?  I get straight A's except in math I get a little lower so I have decent grades.

This is what my online school says I should take for 11th grade:

Religion 11
English 11
American Lit
American History
Algebra 11 (recommended but not necessary)(I haven't completed Geometry like I said)
Foreign Language 1st year (recommended)
My elective choices would be: Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Accounting, Logic, Advanced math, calculus)

For 12th grade they say:

Religion 12
English 12
American Government
World Geography (recommended)
Foreign Language 2nd year (recommended)
Elective (Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Accounting, Logic, Physics, Advanced math, Calculus)

I'm really worried about my future so any advice would be great and whatever courses you would recommend me to take my Junior and Senior year and also advice on PSEO!!

Thanks :)

I think you should definitely take geometry this year and algebra II your senior year.  Khan Academy is a free online resource that can explain many math concepts that you may be having trouble with.  Google it and see if it doesn't help you with your math. I would not take two math courses in the same year.  Most colleges want to see at least three years of science.  I think you should definitely take foreign language for two years, although some colleges like to see three years.  Your electives look pretty difficult so I would only take a course from the list that you feel very comfortable with getting a good grade.  I think you are fine with the PSEO.  Test scores will be important and you should sign up to take both the SAT and ACT in the spring of your junior year.  I do offer an online prep course for both of those tests.  Continue to make the best grades you can and get involved in some community service for the next two years, preferably having something to do with children since that interests you.

Choosing the Right College

Susie Watts

I have spent more than 20 years helping students select colleges and advising them in all areas of the college admission process

College admissions can be a very confusing and overwhelming process for parents and the children. I serve as an objective third party to help families through this process.