Choosing the Right College/chem. eng.

QUESTION: I just wanted to ask that can a student give "GATE" after doing b.planing from NIT?
If yes,then in which subjects he/she can give?

ANSWER: Hello,

I can guide you only after you let me know:
1. Which NIT and what is the full form of b.planing?
2. Which field/stream are you interested in?

QUESTION: nit bhopal.
And b.plan is same as batchler of architecture.
I have equal interest in every field.

ANSWER: Dear Pratik,

I would like to point out to you that after pursuing from NIT, Bhopal,many job openings will open up in govt departments of Public Works Department (PWD), Railways, Post and Telegraph, Town planning, Housing and Urban development.
But still if you want to pursue further studies, then in India courses will be limited.Most of them will be related to architecture, interior designing, constructions etc. It is difficult to club one stream with another in India.

Whereas abroad, plethora of courses and opportunities exist in Masters. You can pursue masters in civil structures and environmental planning.

QUESTION: how is chemical engineering from mits gwalior [ govt.] ?
opportunity after B TECH and m tech IN chem. ?
mini & max package of b tech & m tech ?

Dear Pratik,

From Indian standpoint of view, opportunities are more when it comes to chemical engineering over B Planning. College is indigenous and a better option in case you don't get into NIT's or better ranking college.

If you pursue chemical eng, opportunities exist in pharmaceutical, pesticides, production mills etc etc...In some colleges, chemical engineering syllabus is as par with industrial production eng, so a wide range of opportunities exists in industrial companies (area) also.

Job after Btech will determine on the economy condition, brand value of the college after you graduate, your past record, marks and any backlogs if any...
Salary wise MTech is equivalent to Btech+2 years of experience. So a person who has done Btech with 2 years of experience will usually get the same remuneration as a fresher Mtech candidate.

I wish you the very best for your future. In case you have any queries, feel free to ask.

Plz take your time to rate me.  

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).