Choosing the Right College/about Genetic counseling course in india

My Son has completed M.Sc. in Biomedical genetics. He is interested in Genetic counseling course. Is there any scope for this course in India.
Which Universities conduct this course?

Dear Sir,

Nice to know that your son has studied something different and not a part of the rat race like us.

To be honest with you, it is better you send your son abroad for that course. In India, Genetics is in its primitive form without the proper equipment and human resource skills.

But still if you ask, best college is NIMHANS with very limited seats. I remember in 2008 seats were only 20.

In case you have any doubt, plz feel free to write.

P.S- Kindly take out some of your time to rate me.

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).