Choosing the Right College/Back to school a second time

Question
Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm about two years out of college, in my 30s, and am thinking of going back for something different. I'm in the process of paying off my old school, and about to end my deferment for my student loans. My question is, while I'm paying off loans, can I get new ones? Can I go back to school now? Thank you.

Answer
That is a question I would pose to the college you are considering attending.  I know that you used to be able to take out new loans while you paid off the old ones, but much of that today is up to the individual school.  I would call the financial aid office and ask to speak with the director of financial aid so you got the correct answer.

http://www.collegedirection.org

Choosing the Right College

Susie Watts