Choosing the Right College/Back to school a second time

Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm about two years out of college, in my 30s, and am thinking of going back for something different. I'm in the process of paying off my old school, and about to end my deferment for my student loans. My question is, while I'm paying off loans, can I get new ones? Can I go back to school now? Thank you.

That is a question I would pose to the college you are considering attending.  I know that you used to be able to take out new loans while you paid off the old ones, but much of that today is up to the individual school.  I would call the financial aid office and ask to speak with the director of financial aid so you got the correct answer.

Choosing the Right College

Susie Watts

I have spent more than 20 years helping students select colleges and advising them in all areas of the college admission process

College admissions can be a very confusing and overwhelming process for parents and the children. I serve as an objective third party to help families through this process.