Choosing the Right College/college

hello sir! iv already spoken to u about dis. Iv scored a cut off of 197.25 in the HSC examination. Wen will i be apprxly called for TNEA counselling which starts on june 27.

I actually hav a plan of pursueing BE petroleum engineering or BE biomedical in ANNA UNIVERSITY. Heard it has tons of opportunities in USA. Do u hav any idea if il get dem in ANNA UNIV during counseling as am not sure if the seats wil b vacant wen i hav the counslng.

If i dont get them, iv plannedd to join IT in MIT or BIOMEDICAL in SRI SIVASUBRAMANYA NADAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. Which one is better? I also hav a plan to do MASTERS in US. So which one has a better value aft Masters and before Masters.

I wish u could help me out.

Hi Sowmya,

Well as informed earlier, keeping the future prospects in mind, I will rate the courses in the following order.

BE Biomedical (Anna)> IT in MIT> BE Petroleum (Anna)> Biomedical in SSNCE.

There are many reasons for this ordering that includes brand name of the college, scope of the field in future (keeping your future plans in mind and that also you are planning to do study in USA).

In case you don't have any plans for Masters, then rating will go as follows:

IT in MIT>BE Industrial/Chemical> BE Biomedical> BE Petroleum

Thanks and Regards,

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).