Choosing the Right College/college

Question
hello sir! iv already spoken to u about dis. Iv scored a cut off of 197.25 in the HSC examination. Wen will i be apprxly called for TNEA counselling which starts on june 27.

I actually hav a plan of pursueing BE petroleum engineering or BE biomedical in ANNA UNIVERSITY. Heard it has tons of opportunities in USA. Do u hav any idea if il get dem in ANNA UNIV during counseling as am not sure if the seats wil b vacant wen i hav the counslng.

If i dont get them, iv plannedd to join IT in MIT or BIOMEDICAL in SRI SIVASUBRAMANYA NADAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. Which one is better? I also hav a plan to do MASTERS in US. So which one has a better value aft Masters and before Masters.

I wish u could help me out.
Sowmya

Answer
Hi Sowmya,

Well as informed earlier, keeping the future prospects in mind, I will rate the courses in the following order.

BE Biomedical (Anna)> IT in MIT> BE Petroleum (Anna)> Biomedical in SSNCE.

There are many reasons for this ordering that includes brand name of the college, scope of the field in future (keeping your future plans in mind and that also you are planning to do study in USA).

In case you don't have any plans for Masters, then rating will go as follows:

IT in MIT>BE Industrial/Chemical> BE Biomedical> BE Petroleum

Thanks and Regards,
Abhimanyu  

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg