Choosing the Right College/pursuing Post graduation by working

QUESTION: hi i work in middle east and i like to study Post graduation in india ? how can i study from here and which colg/university allows courses ? pls clarify.!

ANSWER: Dear Aziz,

To answer you better i would like to know the following:
1. Your nationality as some seats are reserved for NRI/ POI and International students...
2. What was your percentage and in what field you did your bachelors?
3. Your work-experience details?

QUESTION: 1) Iam indian nationality working in Qatar.
2) My Field was B.Tech in Software Engineering in SRM UNIV and have scored 55%
3) I have worked in india in IT field for 9months and i got work visa here and iam working here currently from around 10 months

Pls help me abhimanyu..

God bless u :)

Hi Aziz,

Post graduation is equivalent to 2 years of work exp in monetary terms...

I mean to say,

If a fresher with Btech earns 12K and 2 years experienced person earns 20K.
A fresher with Btech+Mtech will also equally earn 20K but the career growth will be much faster as in comparison with only a btech.

If I had been in your place, I would work extra hard in Qatar and try to become a specialist in the same field.
Since you insist, there are many correspondence courses but they have no value unless you do a regular 2 year Mtech course.

The best correspondence (open) course is from IIIT (hyderabad). But for the exams, you need to be physically present in India.

Plz read the eligibility criteria.  

Choosing the Right College

Abhimanyu Garg

I can give tips related to career counselling of Indian engineering and management colleges. I can portray the recent trends, give a real picture and on what parameters should an individual select a college.

My vast expertise includes 44 months of industry experience in embedded domain prior to doing MBA. So, i can give a real picture about the latest trends and apprise if a particular college is suitable or not. But the decision is left to that individual for choosing a particular college. As my experience is limited to India, so i can give tips related to colleges only in India.

I have worked in CMC limited for 19 months and Robert Bosch for 25 months respectively prior to doing MBA. I worked as a freelancer for Trans Publishers Ltd (a start up company) doing data mining, abstract and content write-up. Presently I am working as a management trainee (sales & marketing) in a reputed insurance company.

I have released a fictional short story book " The Facets of Life" in tandem with VDM Publishers, Germany bearing ISBN-10: 3659470635

B.E (EEE) from N.I.E, Mysore, DIM from Ignou correspondence, MBA from SCMHRD, Pune. I have also taken a certification course of Green belt in Six Sigma methodology. I have also worked as a student trainee in the Govt. of India Tourist office, Stockholm where i did compilation and dissemination of Indian tourist information and various Indian tourist packages to tourists.

I have been a National Prize Winner in a Poster Making Competition organized by the UNFPA in Ethiopia(1996).