Choosing the Right College/still confused

Question
That as such a detailed answer regarding your university life and i don't think you have any advise for your 22 year old self as you seem so content with the path you ultimately chose and walked upon
However, the part about not being settled in dorms as an independent student resonates with me.But ho did you really know psychology would "click" for you?The biggest dilemma for me is that even is if i stood my ground and asked my parents to let me quit medicine,naturally,they would ask my second choice and my reason that how this choice would be worth leaving my almost completed med school.
It's a fool's task to ask others what passion might best suit them,even more so when the other has no idea about their strengths and weaknesses,could you advise me if its better to sty and complete my 10 months left of uni,although my knowledge level is at par with a pre-med student or choosing another uni (my university is a mililtary run medical institue for people training to be army doctors only) with 4 more years of study and if what?

Answer
There are no shortcuts to discovering one's "click" but being very honest with one self and family is a good start. I understand the dilemma with regard to parents. You know what I advise my students when they stress so much? What's worse than not getting into med school is to be in medschool and wanting out. Your decision is very difficult but even based on our limited conversation, I think you know the best option for yourself and it's is pretty clear, it's just not an easy choice! Finance may also play a factor in your decision. Do you have loans you've accumulated thus far? What about thinking about your future patients? Would it be in their best interest if you remained in the field despite your reservations? Communication with parents are certainly difficult, but if prepare a well thought out plan with data and research, they'll be more receptive. You are correct, it's simply not enough to tell parents what you DON'T want to do, but tell them what you DO want to do. Take some time this weekend to find a quiet place to think, explore, and "listen to your soul". I wish you the best!

Choosing the Right College

Joon Kim