Christian Movies/The Ant Keeper

Gerry wrote at 2011-06-05 13:01:03
I've a recollection of seeing this film at school in the mid 1960's.  It was 16mm - that was part of the excitement for me as a young teenager.  I've remembered the name of the film, and it made an impression on me - though I don't remember much of it.  I've an idea it came from Arthur Rank, and was circulated by a Christian Film organisation.  Good luck in the search, I'd like to see it too.

camilli wrote at 2012-04-04 22:34:54
MY NAME IS ALBERTO CAMILLI;  I WORKED IN 1965 AND 1966 WITH ROLF FORSBERG AS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR IN OUR COUNTRY, HIRED BY THE PETERSEN COMPANY, COPRODUCER OF THE FILM;  IT WAS FILMED IN MEXICO CITY AND JALAPA, VERACRUZ;   OUR COMPANY (DOCAM, S.A.) WAS THE ENCHARGED TO PROVIDE EQUIPMENT, TECHNICIANS, PERMMITS, ETC., THE LEADING STAR OF THAT FILM WAS MADHUR JAFFREY, WHO PLAYED "LA BRUJA" ROLL;  THE MUSIC WAS WRITTEN BY RAFAEL CARRION, AND PLAYED WITH A MARIACHI BAND AND A JAROCHO BAND, FOLLOWING SOME FRAGMENTS OF THE BACH MASS.  THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER WAS A LADY NAMED LYNN,  THE ANT PHOTOGRAPHY WAS MADE BY ROBERT CRANDALL #REALLY A GENIUS, MAKING IN 1966, IN 16 MM FILM, CLOSE UP'S OF THE ANTS#.

I HAVE A COPY OF THE FILM IN DVD.

MY E MAIL aeventos@prodigy.net.mx  

jan wrote at 2013-02-09 13:33:30
I saw the film also maybe 30-40 yrs ago. excellent film! the Son that is sent to the ant colony is the only white ant. he trys to show them how to stop fighting and they turn on him. killing him. later he is back with his father. when he opens his hands ther are lines like honey lines on his hands. a very moving film!  I wish they would do a new film for this.  

Cc wrote at 2013-02-23 17:12:06
I too remember watching this film as a child-- it had a real impact on me--helped be grasp a piece of what God dis when he sent his son to become human!  I'd love to find this movie someplace!

Bert wrote at 2013-03-08 06:12:11
The film was converted to DVD.  For information on this and other films by Rolf Forsberg and/or to obtain a copy, contact Scott Brown at PHOTOSUPERMAN1@YAHOO.COM

Joel wrote at 2013-03-14 15:05:58
The Antkeeper is available on DVD from the Archives of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Contact us at archives@elca.org.  

Beto Camilli wrote at 2014-04-03 22:49:15
THE ANT KEEPER, IS A LUTHERAN CHURCH PRODUCTION;  FILMED IN MEXICO IN 1966, THROUGH MEXICAN COMPANY DOCAM, S.A. ( I WAS THE PRODUCTION MANAGER OF THAT FILM,  AND PLUS THE MUSICAL SCORE ADVISOR) THE WRITER - DIRECTOR WAS MR. ROLF FORSBERG,  PRODUCTIO COMPANY FROM USA, WAS THE PETERSEN CO. FROM HOLLYWOOD; I'LL GIVE YOU THE E MAIL OF MR FORSBERG MATBE HE CASN SELL YOU COPIES OF THE FILM, I HAVE ONE BUT I CAN'T SELL COPIES, TE FIGTSH BELONGS TO MR. FORSBERG : fritjov@horizon.net

Cynthia wrote at 2015-01-13 15:33:29
I want to find Ant Keeper too!

I was in a Catholic school when I saw it and was deeply impressed. With all the wars and conflicts today, we need to listen to the ANTS.

I think they rented to from a media center. Many years ago I tried but no one had heard of it.  

Christian Movies

Roger Rudlaff