Christian Movies/Movie

wHoKares wrote at 2011-07-18 08:18:59
Gingerbrook Fare - Obedience (1973) - this is the VHS film you are looking for. And it is quite hard to come by, I too am looking to aquire it.

philip wrote at 2011-07-21 13:08:17
it's from gingerbrook fair. impossible to find on dvd. available on vhs on amazon.

Tree wrote at 2011-10-24 07:13:23
You are thinking of "Gingerbrook Fair" about clowns at clown school. The teacher tells a story about a King who made a game for his children, but they did not follow the rules and it became a disaster. The song is what the king sang when he saw that the game became unruly and destroyed, and it broke his heart.

The episode was about Obedience. We still quote it to this day. It was by the same company that made Bullfrogs and Butterflies.

Michele wrote at 2012-02-10 00:44:36
The movie is The Gingerbrook Fair and some of the lyrics are:

Even kings have hearts that really break

And breath that makes them sigh

And eyes that really cry

But my broken heart and all the tears

Were because I loved you so.

This particular movie is about obedience, when the clowns get into some mischief and the part with the king and his children was to teach them about how obedience is "cheerfully doing what I'm asked to do, and doing it quickly because I love you." The king had a game built for his children that had to be played in a particular way and when they didn't obey, it broke.

I hope this helps! ~Michele

Luke wrote at 2012-04-29 21:28:59
The movie you're looking for with the clowns is called "Ginger book fair". I believe it's a series, the episode you're talking about is "obedience". You can find the VHS online on amazon and ebay and such, sadly I've never found a DVD. You may be able to find video clips on vimeo or youtube as well.  

Shastaav wrote at 2013-05-10 03:09:42
It's called the Red Nose Express specifically the one on obedience.  Mic the clowns' teacher uses the story of a king and his 2 children to illustrate his point on obedience. he makes a marvelous 'life'-sized game for them and all they have to do is follow the rule book he painstakingly made for them. Suffice to say the children ignore the rules and destroy the game thus breaking the king's heart and illustrating the obedience factor.  The song plays as the game is destroyed.

I know exactly what you mean, and I have been looking for it on dvd, but like so many other classics from my childhood, that one remains elusive.

Treemeadow wrote at 2013-06-28 10:45:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTuOEKCAKY0

A link to the whole episode :)

Ted Merchant wrote at 2014-09-24 04:02:27
It's from Gingerbrook Fare! Check it out on youtube this link might work if not just search for it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTuOEKCAKY0

Melissa wrote at 2014-09-24 13:33:22
The video is Gingerbrook Fare- Obedience. You can find it on YouTube. This song totally traumatized me, and I went on a searching mission a few months ago, but I know you can still find it!  

Christian Movies

Roger Rudlaff