Christian Music/Diamond Brothers

rtrice wrote at 2010-05-26 22:28:34
I know it's been quite a while since this post, but I just stumbled across it.  I am the writer of Alpha and Omega. I just wanted to confirm that Randy's info is correct. The way I found out is that I received a call from the station manager at WCIE in Lakeland, Fl who was very familiar with my band, Kinfolk's recording of the song.  He had gotten a promotional record by the Diamond Brothers. The title, Alpha and Omega was on the label along with the names of 2 "writers" and a publishing company. He played the record and discovered it was my song and called me immediately. I then called Gaither's publishing company, who got their attorneys on it. They had just obtained the publishing rights and the Vocal Band had just finished recording it but had not released it.  Once the scared the heck out of the DB's people and they recalled the albums they had not sold, The Gaither Vocal Band released their album.  You may have the only Diamond Brothers album left, but WCIE sent me the promotional 45.

Robbie  

WCIEformermusicdirector wrote at 2016-08-09 03:22:41
The Diamond Bothers did in fact steal the song and registered illegally licensed it.  The song was originally written in the early 70's by Robbie Trice and recorded by Kinfolk.  A group from Florida Southern College also recorded the song in the early 70's.  

When the record by the Diamond Brothers was released, the music director of a Lakeland FL  Christian radio station contacted the Diamond Brothers label telling them that the song was already licensed under a different agency.  Diamond's agent stated the Diamond brothers had written the song.

Bill Gaithersburg purchased the rights to the song from Robbie Trice.

Christian Music

Randy Wood