Christian Music/Words to a very old Christain song.

A wrote at 2009-07-16 17:12:18
I remember the first verse:  

Jeremiah was a prophet, Moses was a prophet too.  Jesus Christ was the Son of God and man His love shines down on you.  Yes His love shines down on you.  Singing Joy to the World, All the boys and girls, Joy to children of Galilee, Joy to you and me.  

If I find the other verses, I'll let you know.

A Dub. wrote at 2010-02-08 21:12:26
There WAS another version.  It can be found in Intervarsity praise books from the seventies.  You had the lyrics right for that version:

" Jeremiah was a prophet, Moses was one too..."

In the early seventies, a group of students from Intervarsity in Superior, Wis.  got together and recorded an album.  They called themselves "The Lost and Found," and the album was titled "The Son of God."  On this album is a song titled "I Can See Clearly,"  which all of us should be familiar with if we grew up in the sixties/seventies, or listen to oldies radio.  This song, on this album, is actually a medley, alternating verses and choruses from "I Can See Clearly," and the Christian version of Three Dog Night's hit "Joy to the World."

This album was released in a small quantity, and was not deemed good enough at the time to go commercial.  It will be very hard to find.

There was also a Christian version of "Some Kind of Wonderful" released in '89, but I don't remember who did it.

Mimi Notu wrote at 2012-08-11 16:59:14
The second verse was "If you're out on the highway ,have no where to hide ,the keys are in the Kingdom and we're all welcome inside. I said we're all welcome inside.

(These were the original lyrics that Hoyt Axton wrote for Joy To The world but the record company didn't like them so he changed them and 3 Dog Night recorded the better known version)

Vonette wrote at 2014-01-27 04:51:45
In the 90's, we sang a different version at VBS. Though I can't recall the whole thing, the first two lines were "Jeremiah was a prophet. A spokesman for the Lord."

poggie wrote at 2014-06-21 02:02:13

1. Jeremiah was a prophet

Moses was a prophet too

Jesus was the Son of God and of man

And his love shines down on you

Yeah his love shines down on you

Si-ing joy to the world

All the boys and girls

Joy to the children of Galilee

Joy to you and me

2. The reason to become a Christian

Is just as plain as day

The sermon on the mount

Was made to show the way

It was made to show the way

3. Lost out on life’s highway

There ain’t no place to hide

The keys are in the Kingdom

And we’re all welcome inside

Yeah we’re all welcome inside

Christian Music

Amarilis Gibeli

I actively search out want lists of rare, hard-to-find & out-of- print Lps & CDs, antiques and collectables items, books, lyrics, sheet music and any other audio/visual media & format as well, for individuals, traders, retail outlets and online auctions. My specialty is 60`s (psych & garage rock, doo-wop, girls groups, etc.) & 70`s (hard, punk, progressive, etc.), although I have acquired a large range of knowledge on any other style & period as well. As a researcher in musical subjects, I have received requests to write programme notes for modern & classical music, history of music, forms, contemporary music life, bibliographic references, among other topics.

I'm an Independent Consultant for music legal rights & copyright
law (Musical Performance & Mechanical Rights) for 32 years in
Brazil, as well as private record collector, trader & music

Sociedade Independente de Compositores e Autores Musicais
(SICAM), Sociedade Brasileira de Escritores de Musica (SABEM),
Escritorio Central de Arrecadação e Distribuição (ECAD), among
others copyright societies.

Law School "Largo Sao Francisco", at the University of Sao
Paulo, Brazil.
Still working as translator and subtitler at MTV Brazil.