Christian Music/The Number Song?

Leaplady wrote at 2011-06-23 13:37:43
The Number Song, written by Ralph Carmichael, Copyright 1965 Lexicon Music, Inc.

One is for the wondrous land in which we live

Two is for the tumult, sounding far and near

Three is for the Wise Men, following the star

Four is for the Blessed city, built four square

Five is for the little boy with his loaves of bread

Six is for the long days, that we work and play

Seven is the perfect number we are told

There you go! It is a real song with a real message!  

tccmary wrote at 2011-08-14 23:31:44
I am looking for the same song...I remember the first verse is, "One is for the wondrous, land in which we live, to the old red white and blue, loyalty we give.

and the 7th verse is:  Seven is the perfect, number we are told, lets be more like seven, before we get too old!

Sandjourney wrote at 2011-08-26 12:23:23
I do not know the whole song either but the last verse is "Seven is the number for and which we're tolled, lets be more like seven before we get too old" and then you repeat the chorus.

Vicki wrote at 2011-09-30 04:21:58

1 is for the wondrous land in whcih we live. To the old red, white and blue loyalty wwe give.

2 is for the tumult sounding far and near, but with freedom ringing, we need never fear.

3 is for the wise men following the star, and today their wisdom can guide us from afar.

4 is for the blessed city built foursquare. What rejoicing there will be when we get up there

5 is for the little boy with his loaves of bread. When we all give thanks to Him, multitudes are fed.

6 is for the long days that we work and play, but the next we set aside to worship God and pray.

7 is the perfect number, we are told. Let's be more like 7 before we get too old.

Songs may come, songs may go, happiness they bring, but the songs that give you strength are good for you to sing.

Larry Root wrote at 2011-11-01 14:26:59
I remember the same song, but from an 8-trac tape I had in the early 70's of a Christian ensemble.  It had great harmonies.  The tape also had an innovative arrangement of "I am Bound for the Promised Land" and  a medley including "Down by the Riverside."  

Rachel wrote at 2012-11-01 21:26:53
I, too, have been trying to remember the workd to this '60's song!

Three is for the wisemen, following the star, and today their wisdom, can guide us from afar,

Four is for the blessed city built four square  (can't remember the rest!)

Five is for the little boy, with his loaves of bread. When we all give thanks fo him, multitudes are fed.

I can't remember 6!  I have pondered over this for a long time!!

Seven is the perfect number we are told, let's be more like seven, before we get to old!

L8GR8N8 wrote at 2013-06-10 10:16:55
Two is for the tumult sounding far and near, but with freedom ringing now we need never fear, three is for the Wise Men following the star, and today their wisdom can guide us from afar! Four is for the Blessed City built Four Square, What rejoicing there will be when we get up there!  Five is for the little boy with his loaves of bread,. When we allgive thanks to Him multitudes are fed! Six is for the long days that we work and play, but the next we set asid to worship Him and pray! Seven is the perfect number we are told.  Let's be more like seven before we get too old!  From "The Restless Ones" movie  music & lyrics by Ralph Carmichael

Jeff wrote at 2013-12-03 23:55:02
I remember the song. The final verse went:

Seven is the perfect

number we are told

Let's be more like seven

before we get too old

jim lane wrote at 2014-05-20 23:37:23
the next verse went:

lets be more like seven

before we get too old

Dave wrote at 2015-04-18 00:12:29
Did you ever find this song, or do you still need it?  We used to sing this in church for special music, and I think my dad may still have a copy of the music.  -  Charlotte  

Lois wrote at 2016-01-24 03:02:02
Seven is the perfect number we are told

Let us more like seven before we get to old

five is for the little boy with his loaves of bread  

Lois wrote at 2016-01-24 03:14:33
I think this is it, but since this post is 5 years ago you may have found it

lois wrote at 2016-01-24 03:16:35
Oh darn, I should of checked other answers....

Didn't even think too!

Yet, this week I was thinking of this song....LOL

Catherine wrote at 2016-08-04 15:51:12
This is what you're looking for.

L8GR8N8 wrote at 2016-11-15 01:50:47
Larry Root   I think the song I am bound for the promised land is actually "On Jordan's Stormy Banks' as done by the Spurrlows on the spurrlows now

Christian Music

Michael Woodruff