Christian Music/words/music for song please

richard merrill wrote at 2011-09-16 02:00:13
My Grandmother,with a salvation army background in the U.k would sing;There was a good old .... his name was Darkie Joe and underneath his old felt hat, the wool it used to grow,he'd jingle and he'd mingle beside the lilley pond ,me thinks i hear him singing and this is what he sang<  then a chorus similar to yours

KJM wrote at 2013-06-29 20:42:51
When I was a little girl my Mom used to sing this song.  She didn't know all the verses but the Chorus was the most important to her.  A few years ago I looked for this song on line and couldn't find it.  In the past few weeks I came upon your site and there it was!  In this day and age it may not be a politically correct song but it sure has a message just the same.  Thanks for posting it!

Christian Music

Michael Woodruff

Artists and lyrics for Contemporary Christian Music from 1969-1995. Definantly can't answer any questions past 1999.

I own over 300 CD's, records, and Cassttes from this era. Former Disc Jockey at Christian radio station.

Lutheran, Missouri Synod

Mass Communications Major from a university in Southwest Missouri.