Christian Music/Looking for music

Question
Dear Allison,

I am looking for 2 pieces of out-of-print music and was wondering if you can help me locate them.  I have tried several online resources (I’ve tried the original publisher, tried contacting choirs who have sung the song with video’s on YouTube, tried out-of-print choral search websites, etc) all to no avail.

The songs I'm looking for are: "Straw Carol” by Friesen/Eklu and "Memories and Miracles" by Kathy Brawley.  The last song was featured on an album by the Good News Circle released by Lexicon Music in the 1970's.  According to the album back cover (as seen online)a song book was also released at the same time.

Any assistance you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your question. It appears that you have already done quite a lot of searching for these songs. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate sheet music or a songbook either but I do have a few suggestions to help your search.

Alibris.com specializes in rare and out of print books, sheet music and songbooks. If they don't have what you're looking for, you can submit your item request and when they get your item in stock they will contact you.

I found copies on Amazon and musicstack.com of the vinyl LP album titled "Growing Together" by The Good News Circle. The album features the song you mentioned, "Memories and Miracles".

If all else fails and you can't locate the printed music, I would suggest that you hire the services of a choral music composer to notate the music to paper.

I know several freelance Christian music composers that could assist. I don't know what their rates are, but I would guess it wouldn't be very expensive.

Contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Allison

Christian Music

Allison