Christian Mysticism/why are some people physically beautiful and others not?

why are some people physically beautiful and others not? i always wanted to know this? is there really a heaven? i believe in it.

ana, I don't think anyone knows for sure. Some say it's all in the eye of the beholder, but others say there might be some features that people, in a given culture anyhow, deem attractive.

I guess the short answer is that God gives us all different gifts. But the long answer goes into a debate about beauty. Is it cultural, trans-cultural or some combination of those? Also, we have to take into account spiritual vs. physical beauty.

As for heaven, I believe in it too.  

Christian Mysticism

Michael Clark, Ph.D.

I can probably be of assistance to those who feel they don't easily fit into the existing methods, molds or patterns usually associated with Christian mysticism.

I may comment on historical approaches. But in contemporary society many feel the need for new ways of connecting with the Holy Spirit, ways that are in sync and integrated within a 21st century worldview.

I've explored several different Christian denominations and respect their various strengths without turning a blind eye to their weaknesses as I see it. I also look at connections among Christians and other beliefs at my educational website and at my blog

Print Media:
My table from "Religions and Cults" at is reproduced with permission in L. Lindsey, S. Beach and B. Ravelli, Core Concepts in Sociology, 2nd ed., p. 157

World Wide Web:
My online article "Letter to God" coauthored with Buddhist monk, E. Raymond Rock, appears on several different spirituality-based websites, including

I've interviewed, as a Christian, a self-proclaimed mystic:

My articles appeared at the former New View magazine and are published at

Ph.D. in Religious Studies
M.A. in Comparative Religion
B.A. Hon. in Psychology/Sociology
For details, please see my CV and letters of recommendation