Christian Spirituality/Catholicism and Protestantism.

QUESTION: Dear Olatunde

What are the Similarities and Differences in Catholicism and Protestantism ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Dear Prashant,

Thank you for honoring me with your question.  I pray that the Spirit will enable me to answer.

Christ is the center of all reality, of every reality, of the only reality.  By Christ alone can man and woman come to God.  Catholics and Protestants agree to this.  Yet Catholics put more emphasis on Mary than is necessary, making her a kind of mediator/mediatrix.  But there is only one Mediator between God and humans:  Christ the Lord.  This is where Protestants and Catholics differ primarily.  All other differences are variations on the theme of something or someone other than Christ being central and the only essential.

But in the Kingdom of God, there is no Protestant or Catholic, or any other "denomination."  There is one God and Father of All, One Lord, One Spirit, One Faith, One Baptism, One Body.  

Focus on Christ alone.  

For His glory alone,

QUESTION: Dear Olatunde

Thank you.

Are there different churches for both ?. i.e. Catholics go for worship and praying the all mighty to a different church and Protestants go to a different church ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

According to the Holy Scriptures, and to The Lord Jesus Christ, who is Head and Lord of The Church, there is only one church.  Denominations, whether Protestant or Catholic, are inventions of humans.  Jesus is Lord, Savior, and Creator of all people and every person.  The word "church," means "called out ones."  The church are those who believe in Christ and are "called out" of this world, out of the kingdom of Satan and into the Kingdom of God.  A church is not a building or a location, but the called out people of the Lord Jesus Christ, no matter what race, ethnicity, sex, or location.  The church is simply and only two or three gathered in the name of Jesus, meaning under His authority and for His glory.  

In the name of the Lord Jesus,

Christian Spirituality

Olatunde Howard

I can answer these kinds of questions: 1. Following the Spirit of God 2. Knowing the Spirit's voice 3. Being filled with (or under the control of) the Spirit 4. Being baptized with (or immersed in) the Spirit 5. Knowing and using your spiritual gifts 6. Resisting demons 7. Spiritual discernment 8. Being spiritually reborn

I've been a Christian (one who believes in and follows Christ) for 20 years. I've followed His Spirit for 15 years. I've been a ministry leader with Campus Crusade for Christ and Inter varsity Christian Fellowship. I've also led praise and worship, as well as choirs. I've spoken for conferences, retreats, and sermons. I've written blogs and published a book.

Examiner-- Where is God?(Blog)-- Spiritual thoughts (Blog)-- The Mind of Christ (Book, Trafford Publishing)

I received a Bachelors in Music from Morehouse College. I am a certified Corrections Officer and Field Training Officer.