Christian Spirituality/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear Olatunde

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant,

1.  NO, the teachings of the Holy Bible/New Testament are  NOT summarized by the words "Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, and Peace."  The Bible, Old Testament and New Testament, are NOT about "Qualities" that human beings must attain, or vices they must overcome.  The Bible reveals the only true God, and the knowledge and likeness of God through faith in Jesus Christ.  

Jesus Christ is the summary of the Old and New Testaments.  

Trust in Jesus Christ is the only way to God, the only truth about God, and the only life in God.

2.  The five qualities/vices are NOT the obstacles to being like Christ, but disbelief based in human pride.  

Human beings CANNOT overcome their vices.  They need a Savior:  Christ the Lord.  

It is written,

"There is no one who is righteous, not one person."
"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
"God commended His love to us in that while we were sinners, Jesus died for our sins."
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved."

Human beings don't have a "percentage" of these vices.  We are all born in a state of separation from God and slavery to Satan and sin.  

The only solution is to be born again.  

When reborn, we are no longer slaves of Satan, but sons and daughters of God.  

This happens by faith in Christ alone.

You complicate things Prashant, and thus end up in error.  Focus on Christ alone.  If you refuse to do this, you will be lost eternally.

In Christ and the power of the Spirit,
Olatunde

Christian Spirituality

Olatunde Howard