Christian Spirituality/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear Hoyt

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Prashant,

I think the list is as good as any other. I usually point people to Micah 6:6-8 for am short and easy pointer on what God is after.
But this not the whole message of the New Testament or the Bible as a whole. The broader story includes a specific God who wants to be known as God, and a Son of God who likewise wants to be acknowledged as the embodiment of God.
It is by faith in this God--what most Christians refer to as the Trinity--that the world is set right.

So the moral teachings may well be summed up inn the list of virtues, but that by itself isn't the whole message.

Hope that helps

Hoyt

Christian Spirituality

Hoyt Roberson