Christian Spirituality/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear John

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
What the new testament represents is often defined by the reader's motivation.  Although we commonly perceive the new testament as one of love, brotherhood and so forth, the optimist may refer to them as a revelation of truth in order to expose a great deception.  The pessimist may refer to is judgmental and in conjunction with deception.  The agnostic is open minded while the conspiracy theorists interpret an encoding of preadamic history.  There is really no proper way to define the new testament lest you define it  as all of the above.

Things such as Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and Anger are never really obstacles insomuch as they are natural human reactions.  We were created this way.  It is the nature of humanity that causes the definitions of law and the introduction of sin.  

Romans 7:7-8
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

It is by the creation of law that we introduce what is right and what is wrong.  I'm not talking about government or state laws.  The even the mere comprehension of right and wrong.  Hence the tree of knowledge.  To know right from wrong is to identify what is right and what is wrong.... the defining of sin... and the birth of sin.

So technically speaking.. all the emotions mentioned before are in conjunction with Love.  One has simply not correctly defined love yet.  What you said is like saying laughing is an obstacle to achieve sadness.  One is just present whilst the other is not.  They are human emotions all the same...  but does this mean that you can be incapable of loving one person if you hate another one?  If the world overcame all of these negative emotions altogether, then Love will be defined as simply none other than a horizontal existence..  at least until you define love properly.

There is no such thing as a percentage.  To put a percentage on something would just be like saying this person hates this many things and loves this many things.   Nobody loves or hates something based on what percentage of love or hate they have enveloped within them.  

Christian Spirituality

John