Christian Spirituality/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Olatunde

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

Common people can and do perform miracles as the Lord Jesus did.  The Lord Jesus said, "The (miraculous) works that I do, you will do also.  And greater works than these you will do because I go to my Father in heaven."  

Only three things are necessary to perform miracles as Jesus did:
1.  Faith in the Lord Jesus as Savior (To be a believer in the Lord.)
2.  Faith in the Holy Spirit's supernatural gifts (To have the Holy Spirit as a believer)
3.  Faith that the miracle performed will actually occur in Jesus' name and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,

Christian Spirituality

Olatunde Howard

I can answer these kinds of questions: 1. Following the Spirit of God 2. Knowing the Spirit's voice 3. Being filled with (or under the control of) the Spirit 4. Being baptized with (or immersed in) the Spirit 5. Knowing and using your spiritual gifts 6. Resisting demons 7. Spiritual discernment 8. Being spiritually reborn

I've been a Christian (one who believes in and follows Christ) for 20 years. I've followed His Spirit for 15 years. I've been a ministry leader with Campus Crusade for Christ and Inter varsity Christian Fellowship. I've also led praise and worship, as well as choirs. I've spoken for conferences, retreats, and sermons. I've written blogs and published a book.

Examiner-- Where is God?(Blog)-- Spiritual thoughts (Blog)-- The Mind of Christ (Book, Trafford Publishing)

I received a Bachelors in Music from Morehouse College. I am a certified Corrections Officer and Field Training Officer.