Christian Spirituality/Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Rev Jason

This are my views on Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ.

I have 100 % faith in Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ because Jesus was the Son of God.

"On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures".

Do you agree with my views ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I believe with absolute certainty that Jesus was dead on Friday evening and was alive and resurrected early Sunday morning.  I believe this because of the numerous eyewitness accounts that are accurately recorded in the Bible and which were not opposed by anyone contemporary to the time of the events.  

I also believe that Baptism connects Christians to this Resurrection in such a way that we can have confidence of being raised ourselves on the Last Day when Jesus comes again to judge the living and the dead.  

Christian Spirituality

Rev. Jason P. Peterson

I believe that the spirituality of historical Christianity shares little in common with that of any other world religion, and I welcome any questions regarding the spirituality of Christianity, particularly in relation to the Reformation Traditions. I also take a great interest in examining new Christian movements and popular trends in Christianity from a Reformation perspective. I have particular experience regarding the original Greek text of the New Testament and its meaning, as well as questions regarding liturgy, evangelism, and preaching.

I have been a pastor in the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod for the past six years at St. John's Lutheran Church in Burt, IA. I currently serve as chairman of the Commission on Ministerial Growth & Support of the Missouri Synod's Iowa District West and as Track Chaplain at Algona Raceway in Algona, IA. I also write as a religion columnist for two local newspapers.

Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod

Algona Upper Des Moines (newspaper) Bancroft Register (newspaper)

B.A. Concordia University - Ann Arbor, MI (Biblical Languages) M.Div. Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, IN (Exegetical Theology, Pastoral Ministry & Missions)

Zion Lutheran Church (Columbia City, IN) Zion Lutheran Church (Altamont, IL) St. John's Lutheran Church (Burt, IA) Zion Lutheran Church (Lu Verne, IA) Algona Raceway (IA) Fairmont Raceway (MN) Hancock County Speedway (Britt, IA) Clay County Fairgrounds Raceway (Spencer, IA)