Christian Spirituality/Signs

Question
QUESTION: How do I know if God is speaking to me. Over the last year, I have been seeing signs that say things such as be patient, keep praying, have faith.

These may not be signs of course. They range from things as simple as videos on youtube, Facebook posts, and many people.

The situation seems impossible but I am still praying for the outcome I believe He is pointing to

ANSWER: Hello Raul.

First, lets define what we mean by God "speaking to you."

According to scripture, God speaks to us in these ways:
1. Creation.  

It is written:  
*The heavens declare the glory of God.  Day after day they pour out speech. The Book of Psalms

2. Conscience
*#Romans 2#

God speaks to EVERYONE through creation and conscience for this purpose:  To lead them to turn away from self worship and to worship the only true God through faith in Jesus Christ.

3.  His Spirit
Jesus said these words to His followers:
*When He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth.  He will not speak on His own, He will only speak what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come.

Jesus also said:
*My sheep hear my voice.

So, it depends on where you are in life right now Raul:
1.  If you don't yet believe in Jesus, you know God is speaking to you if through Creation #situations in life# or through your conscience, you are being urged to stop living for yourself and start living for God alone by faith in Jesus Christ, who died for your sins and mine, and rose from the dead so that we too may rise again.

2.  If you are a child of God already through faith in Christ Jesus, you know God is speaking to you if He is guiding you into all truth, His word being the truth.  If the signs point you to faith in Jesus and a God centered life, then the signs #whether videos on youtube, Facebook posts, or many people# are from God.

But if any signs lead you to self trust, self focus, or away from faith in Jesus, then these signs are not from God, and God is not speaking to you.

Answer these questions for me Raul:
1. Which state are you in right now Raul?  
2.  What are the signs telling you exactly?

In Jesus name,
Olatunde

QUESTION: The signs make me want to trust in God after a time of doubt.

I have given my life to Christ at age 26 I'm 28.

The signs point to a good outcome to an impossible situation.

They cause me to pray for the betterment of another involved, they also cause me to want to better myself, and pray for there betterment.

Answer
I understand.

It is written,
"Every good and perfect gift comes from God."

"I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."

"God is not the author of confusion, but of peace."

So, if you have CERTAINTY, PEACE, TRUTH, AND GOODNESS that HONOR GOD AND JESUS CHRIST when you receive these signs, you can be certain they are from God, and you can act on the signs by faith.

If you are UNCERTAIN OR CONFUSED, the signs are not from God.
If you have NO PEACE, the signs are not from God.
If truth is BLURRED OR DISTORTED, the signs are not from God.
If there isn't a clearly GOOD OUTCOME, the signs are not from God.
If the signs focus you ON YOU INSTEAD OF GOD, the signs are not from God.

Do you understand Raul?

Christian Spirituality

Olatunde Howard