Christian Spirituality/Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Mario

We are in the 21st century current year being 2014.

As mentioned in the Wikipedia, Lord Jesus Christ was born in
64 BC to 3033 AD. We celebrate Christmas on 25th December, Lord Jesus Christ's Birth date.

In Which century Lord Jesus Christ was born ?. Is it 4th century as mentioned (64 BC to 3033 AD) in Wikipedia ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Centuries Explained
Centuries Explained  
Jesus was not born in 6 - 4 BC to 30 - 33 AD.  The years with the designation of AD mark the beginning of Jesus' life.  Therefore, Jesus was born in AD 1.  AD 1 is the beginning of the 1st Century AD, the first 100 years dating the start of Jesus' life.  If He had been born in the 4th Century AD, that would mean that He was born 300 to 400 years "after Christ."  The 4th Century BC would mean about 300 to 400 years "before Christ."  The 300th year to 400th mark the 4th Century (approaching 400 years of existence).  The fifth Century would be the years after 400 approaching 500 years.  

Jesus could not have been born in 6 - 4 BC because that would mean that he was born "before Christ."  But, he is Christ.  Anything that occurred in BC means that it occurred before Christ was born.  So 6 - 4 BC represents 6 to 4 years before Christ was born!

Historically, 30 AD means that it was Jesus at 30 years old.  33 AD means that it was Jesus at 33 years old.  Historically, the 30, in this case represents the year that Jesus started His ministry (started to preach and teach).  While the 33 AD represents the year that He was crucified.  He was crucified, buried and raised from the dead at the age of 33, or on 33 AD.

No one knows the exact month or date that Jesus was born.  Many believe that he was born between March and September.  December 25 was a chosen day to celebrate Jesus' birth, but it is only a symbolic day.  It is not an actual birthdate.

Christian Spirituality

Mario Depeine, Sr.

I can answer a variety of questions related to living as a modern day Christian. I can answer questions about day to day living as a Christian. How should a Christian handle conflicts at home and at work? What should Christians do when faced with impossible choices? What Bible passages are most helpful in resolving specific issues? How is the Bible relevant today? Is there a God and how can we be sure? Is the Bible true?

I have been a consistent student of the Bible for over 20 years. I have lived as a Christian for over 25 years. I was a full time minister for almost four years. I have taught various Bible classes on many different topics such as marriage, child rearing, stress management, anxiety, Christian dating, becoming a follower of Jesus, and many more.

CNN iReport, Church of Christ,, and Yahoo Contributors.

Amazon and Barnes and Noble: Immanuel's Bride and the Holy Spirity: Building a Whole New World, Yahoo Contributors,, and CNN iReport.

I have a BA in Psychology from Princeton Universiy. I am a certified Elementary and Middle School teacher. I speak four languages (English, French, Spanish and Creole).