Christian Spirituality/What Is God, Alien Being, Super Ghost ?

Question
QUESTION: Mario, just wanted to get your understanding of what God is, His physical Being, an alien or a super ghost ? The God that created Adam and Eve, is it the same God who chased them out of Eden ?

ANSWER: Hi William,

The same God Who created Adam and Eve is the same God Who sent them out of the Garden of Eden.  Also, God is Spirit and His worshippers must worship Him in Spirit and truth (see John 4:24).  He is also referred to as a Consuming Fire (see Hebrews 12:29 and Deuteronomy 4:24).  God is not an alien as we have portrayed alien life.  He can, however, express Himself in any form He wishes to accomplish His purpose.  He is the beginning and the end of everything.  He is referred to as the Alpha and the Omega (Revelations 1:8 and 22:13).  All energy and all physical "things" come from the Creator.

I hope that helps.

QUESTION: Thank you for the reply Mario, it does help but excuse my enquisitiveness, I am eager to know the origins of God, who 'created' Him ?...and the God who created Adam and Eve is surely not the same God who liberated children of Israel from Egypt, who invaded Palestine, am I correct ?

William Botsang

ANSWER: Hi William,

I am glad that I could help a little.  From Genesis to Revelations, their is only one story about one God!  The Bible is split into the Old and New Testatments.  The Old Testament portrayed God as a God who led His people (Israel) through physical wars.  In that time period, the people believed that whoever won a war had the BIGGEST and Most Powerful God.  So, God led Israel through many battles that they won.  When the Israelites were not faithful to God, they were not helped to get victories.  They lost their battles (see Joshua, chapter 7).

In the New Testatment, God is the same God.  He is their King through Jesus Christ.  His people are the Church that obeys His words and reflects His nature.  The battles are spiritual battles (see Ephesians chapter 6:10-18).  In the New Testament, the chosen people are the Christians (see Romans 3:30).  It is not about a physical bloodline, but about submitting to Jesus Christ, because of the blood that He shed on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.    

See also my book, Immanuel's Bride and the Holy Spirit: Building a Whole New World (on Amazon).  It helps people to see God from Genesis to Revelations.  It also helps people to understand the whole goal of Christianity and the importance of temple worship.

QUESTION: Hi Mario,

From your statement; "From Genesis to Revelations, their is only one story about one God!" I assume that Jehova is not the 'true' God, he is the LORD who chased Adam and Eve out of Eden and the true God clothed them after Jehova chased them out of Eden. Logically, can there be ONLY one God in the whole Bible or religion, if 'yes', why would Jehova say, "do not worship any other Gods ?'

If this one God from Genesis to Revelations created the universe and all beings and angels, if he also 'created' Lucifer, why would he everyday struggle, compete and fight someone (Satan)that he created ? I therefore believe that there are other Gods and their roles have been switched, the good one has been labelled 'bad' God and the bad God has been labelled the 'good' God by religion or by St.Jerome ?

Have I lost it Mario ?,

Please set me straight, I value your guidance.

-William Botsang

Answer
Hello William,

You are right!  The Bible, on many occasions, says, "Do not worship any other gods."  There is only ONE TRUE God.  He created all things and all beings.  He also created Lucifer, Satan, or the devil -  all the same being.  Satan was an angel (good guy) who later rebelled and became an enemy of God and God's creation (see Revelation 12:1-16, here is an excerpt:  7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him, verses 7-9).  The woman being referenced in Revelation is the church that belongs to Christ.  The offspring are the children of the light, or the christians - those who worship only  the TRUE GOD.

Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their glorious God for worthless idols (Jeremiah 2:11).  This passage shows us that people will "make gods" out of things.  We will trust in statues, charms, money, people,and other things for power, love,comfort and guidance, above God, but God is the only TRUE GOD.  Satan, the devil, will lead us to trust in things that oppose God and His ways, those things (or idols) are considered other gods!

The God who is referred to as "Jehova" is the same God.  The God who is spoken of in the Bible, He is the TRUE GOD.  You must look at God based on what He says in the Bible.  You must use God's description of Himself.  Look at what he says about His ways verses our ways:  

6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
   and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
   and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts.

We must learn to think how God thinks and learn from Him, about who He is.  We should not assume that God will do things as we expect, but instead, we must learn to understand why He did what He di or why He says what He says.  See what He shows us about his nature:  Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their glorious God for worthless idols (Jeremiah 2:11).  This passage shows us that people will "make gods" out of things.  We will trust in statues, charms, money, people,and other things for power, love,comfort and guidance, above God, but God is the only TRUE GOD.  Satan, the devil, will lead us to trust in things that oppose God and His ways, those things are considered other gods!

The God who is referred to as Jehova is the same God.  The God who is spoken of in the Bible, He is the TRUE GOD.  You must look at God based on what He says in the Bible.  You must use God's description of Himself.  Look at what he says about His ways verses our ways:  

6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
   call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
   and the unrighteous their thoughts.
   neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55).

We must learn to think how God thinks and learn from Him, about who He is.  We should not assume that God will do things as we expect, but instead, we must learn to understand why He did what He did or why He says what He says (Numbers 23:19). God is not to be judged by us, we are to understand Him.  He is the source of all knowledge, wisdom, understanding, insight, judgment and so on.   Also, see 1 Samuel 15:29 (He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.)  God is always the same, He refers to Himself as "I AM" (see Exodus 3:  13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”).

So, there is only ONE TRUE God.  The same God is referenced throughout the Bible.  In the Old Testament (old will or old agreement), we see God's wrath very clearly.  We also see His love in how He rescued the Israelites from slavery.  In the New Testament (new will or agreement), we see God's love more clearly.  He shows the world that He wants to rescue all of us from sin and the false gods (Satan and his friends) that lead us away from the TRUE loving God.  

Please let me know if this clarifies things for you.  

Christian Spirituality

Mario Depeine, Sr.