Christian Spirituality/Free From Captivity

Question
How can I break curse--expecially self-inflicted one?  Also, how can I leave off being pessimistic about the future, assuming that self-inflicted curse has been broken?

Answer
Hello Johnny X.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering you.  May the Lord bless you through my reply.

Jesus died for you Johnny, to set you free from the only true curse:  the curse of death for your sins and mine.  When you accept that Jesus was cursed for you, that his death on the cross was the ultimate curse, then you will be set free from any and every curse, self-inflicted or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello again Johnny X.

If you can say that my answer is "not helpful at all" with the rudeness in which you did, then:

1. You must have some idea of what you think the answer is.  If so, why did you ask me?

2. Your rude response indicates you do not understand the answer as a pervasive and universal answer to any and every curse--Jesus literally became a curse for you, so that if you accept Him, it sets you free from any and every curse.  Have you accepted Jesus Johnny?  If you had, then your answer should not have been so rude.  If Jesus' death, the ultimate sacrifice for every curse, makes no difference in your situation, then nothing can help you or anyone else.  Nothing is greater than Jesus' death for us, than Him becoming a curse for us, as it is written:

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”  Galatians 3:13

If you reject Jesus as the only answer because you find it too simplistic, you are actually falling into a trap of perpetuating the curse that Jesus set you free from.  There are no rituals you can perform; there is nothing you can do at all Johnny to set yourself free.  You cannot "break a curse--especially a self-inflicted one."  Only Jesus can, and He has done it if you will humbly accept this.  If you keep trying to set yourself free, you will become more enslaved.  

It's your choice.  

Christian Spirituality

Olatunde Howard