Christian Spirituality/questions...

Question
1. What can someone do to avoid going to hell for an eternity? What kind of people go there in the afterlife? There is a lot of debate about this and many churches claim that all will go there, save those who are a part of their communities... If you try to be a good person and help others and do good deeds, but don't regularly go to church, will you be sent there?

2. According to Christian teachings, there is a war against mankind that is waged by the devil, who hates us. Does it personally take part in this war, or it just sends its troops(demons) to do the "work", much like an army general(who just gives orders, makes choices and runs the operations from far away)?

3. Are haunted houses real or just made-up for TV shows? If so, how comes that? When we pass away, aren't we automatically sent to a higher realm, where we will be judged according to our sins and be either received into heaven or sent to hell? How can someone be "left behind" or be allowed to "stay behind"?

Answer
To start with, hell is not eternal.  This is to say that Hell is often misdefined as the Lake of Fire. These are too separate things.  Hell was created and reserved for Satan, devils, his creations and followers and Nephelim.  It was never meant for Man.  It is better described as a holding cell until which time the thousand years Kingdom on Earth ahs passed and then Death and hell are cast into the Lake of Fire as mentioned in Revelation 20:14. This is the point referred to as the second death. Unlike Hell (Hades), the lake of fire is not referenced as much in the Bible.  In fact, it is only mentioned 4 times and only in The Book of Revelation.

- Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
- Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So, whosoever is not written in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire.  So let's look at what is not written in the book of life.

First of all, Rev 19:20 confuses people instantly into thinking that those who recieve the mark of the beast are cast into the lake of fire.  Read it more carefully.  It says "these both" ...meaning that it is referring to the two mentioned at the first part of the verse.  The Beast and The False Prophet that wrought miracles before him.

Then Reve 20:10 says that the Devil was cast into the lake of fire...  where the beast and the false prophet are.

Rev 20:14 states that death and hell are cast into the lake of fire.  This means that there will be no more death and no more hell.  However, in previous verses, the dead (who are written in the book of life) were brought up and already judged by their works. (more on this in a moment).  So there was nobody in Hell but those who were not written in the book of life which were the nephelim, etc.  [AKA "Not Mankind"].

Rev 20:15 now states that whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  We already mentioned, this is not mankind... but rather Satan's minion, Nephilim, etc.

Now... let's look at the actual judgement event...

Revelation 20:12-13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Now looking closely you will see that the book of life is not the only book that is opened in verse 12.  " the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life"  So it all comes down to this...  What is the book of life?

The book of life is better defined in previous verses as "the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world".  Quite simply put... those who are written in the book of life are those who confess that Yehoshua (Jesus) is the son of God and true Lord... as well as have accepted that His crucifiction was payment for all sins and that they are forgiven.  If you are of "mankind" and accepted Him, you are written in that book.

Now this answer is all good and well on it's own but leaves a lot to question in your mind since it's a relatively comon answer.  But allow me to ease your mind by solidifying this a bit...

FIRST:  When was the names written into the book of life?

And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 17:8)
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love. (Ephesians 1:4)
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. (II Timothy 1:9)
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. (John 17:2)

So the book was written far before Man even existed.

NEXT: How do I know that I am written in the book of life?

God chose His elect before the world began and wrote their names in the Book of Life, and then He sent the Lamb to die and secure their eternal life. Not a single one will be lost! All whom God intended to save will certainly be saved!

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (II Peter 1:10-11)

HOWEVER:  Despite the fact that all of us are written into the book of life (Because of Christ dying for all man's sin), there is only one way to be written out of it.  This is very simply the unforgiveable sin.  "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit".

FINALLY:  Why is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit an unforgiveable sin?

It's simple... to blspheme against the spirit is to not accept Jesus' sacrifice.  And if you don't accept the sacrifice, then you do not accept his forgiveness and choose death over life.  This does not mean that non-believers will go to the lake of fire.  It means that believers who KNOW and yet DENY him, have willingly chose the second death...  the lake of fire.

Quite simply put...  Accept Jesus Christ, and your name remains in the book of life where it has always been from the beginning..

----------------

Next Part of this Question:  "...but don't regularly go to church, will you be sent there?"

This is a very long one and I hope you read my other answers to find the parts that explain why this is....  But you are more apt to remain in the book of life if you study the bible and worship God yourself rather than go to church.  There is a severe deception in the churches and most people unwittingly worship Satan rather than God there.  It doesn't really make them bad people ... Just makes them decieved.

My Other Answers:
http://www.allexperts.com/ep/4215-123182/Christian-Spirituality/John.htm

___________

YOUR 2nd QUESTION:

Satan is most definately waging war with Christians.  However, the war is misinterpreted.

Many will think that Satan "hangs out with" the athiests and non-believers... as this is where most the evil exists.  Nay nay...  Why would he do that?  He apparently doesn't have to worry about them as they tend to already be in his graces.  He want the Christians.  And he is laughing his way to the bank right now because most of them are unwittingly worshipping him.  

The bible is translated in such a way where it is common self-deception to assume that Jehovah is God... whereas he is not.  Even Jesus himself had told people that this was a deception and that Jehovah is merely Satan posing as God.  The bible is literally riddled with evidence and clear teachings that this is the case.  Many miss it.  Others confuse it as biblical contradictions.  

Example:  Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel? God or Satan?

(And remember... LORD written in all caps in the old testament, is where the word YHVH "Jehovah" is translated.)

God did (2 Samuel 24:1), "Now again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah."

Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1), "Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel."

Another example:  When Jesus speakto the church, He told them that they are not worshipping God.. that they are worshipping a liar.  They told Jesus... "Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.".

Jesus replied:
John 8:42-45
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

More precice about who Jehovah is...  

Exodus 15:3
Jehovah is a man of war: Jehovah is his name.

YOUR LAST QUESTION:  Hauntings

I'm not going to lie to you.  This is a topic that I am currently still actively researching.  I do not want to decieve you by giving you answers that are definitive when the conclusions are still yet unknown by me.  Please forgive me for not being able to answer this one with 100% accuracy.  And since i can not do that, I prefer not to answer it yet.  I have only my suspisions at this time but no definite truth to share with you on the topic.

Christian Spirituality

John