Christian Spirituality/climate change and scripture

Anyone that watches the news knows the the world is caught up in attempting to keep the world from rising in temperature, so the ice caps stop melting, etc.......

But 2 Peter 3:writes ..10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Hi Mr. B,

You are right.  The Bible does say that the world will be destroyed by fire.  
in the same chapter, it also says:  10 The day of the Lord will come as a robber comes. The heavens will pass away with a loud noise. The sun and moon and stars will burn up. The earth and all that is in it will be burned up.

You see, not only the earth will be burned up, but also the
Sun, moon and stars!  These entities cannot be affected by the earth's global warming issues.  Any global warming would only affect the earth.  You would still need a tremendous amount of heat, power, and energy to be able to destroy the moon, the Sun and all the existing stars (most are much larger than our Sun).

Global warming, if it does get out of control, cannot accomplish God's final plan for creation.  It is not in man's power to decide how the earth,moon, Sun and stars will be destroyed.  That is God's plan and He will be the one to carry it out.  Global warming is restricted to the earth and it is not necessarily what God talks about in scriptures.  

Keep this passage in mind as you  think about global warming:  6 Look for the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him while He is near. 7 Let the sinful turn from his way, and the one who does not know God turn from his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and He will have loving-pity on him. Let him turn to our God, for He will for sure forgive all his sins. 8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and My ways are not your ways,” says the Lord. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55).  

You see, our thoughts are not God's thoughts, nor are our ways, God's ways.  The end of the world (earth, Sun, moon and stars) will be decided by God and not man's care or lack of care for the earth. Man will not decide the end of all things, only God will do that.  

Christian Spirituality

Mario Depeine, Sr.

I can answer a variety of questions related to living as a modern day Christian. I can answer questions about day to day living as a Christian. How should a Christian handle conflicts at home and at work? What should Christians do when faced with impossible choices? What Bible passages are most helpful in resolving specific issues? How is the Bible relevant today? Is there a God and how can we be sure? Is the Bible true?

I have been a consistent student of the Bible for over 20 years. I have lived as a Christian for over 25 years. I was a full time minister for almost four years. I have taught various Bible classes on many different topics such as marriage, child rearing, stress management, anxiety, Christian dating, becoming a follower of Jesus, and many more.

CNN iReport, Church of Christ,, and Yahoo Contributors.

Amazon and Barnes and Noble: Immanuel's Bride and the Holy Spirity: Building a Whole New World, Yahoo Contributors,, and CNN iReport.

I have a BA in Psychology from Princeton Universiy. I am a certified Elementary and Middle School teacher. I speak four languages (English, French, Spanish and Creole).