Christianity -- Christian Living/Are Sexual Thoughts Wrong?

C wrote at 2013-03-05 23:00:40
I would say that the food example is not a good one - (sorry). It makes it sound like enjoying or even craving a particular food is wrong and I am pretty sure it isn't. We all have foods we like and don't like and sometimes people do get cravings.

In terms of sexual fantasies, I have been struggling with this. I  feel guilty when I have them but I don't really see a problem with it unless it takes up too much time. Yes I objectify myself in them because I like to feel like someone else is in control - like in a BMS way. But that is who I am. I have always been like this - ever since I was young and I don't think that should be suppressed. Also, a lot of people say it is healthy. I definitely have no problem with masturbation - that is natural but I find it hard to distinguish between masturbation and fantasies at times.

But I do think that we are all human and we do have urges - I just can't really understand how it can be wrong. I mean, it isn't like you are emotionally cheating or having actual sex. Surely it is a human urge. I struggle with sex before marriage thing too because a lot of people marry late now and there is so much pressure. But also, a lot of cultural things are changing and have changed since the Bible was written - like women no longer always cover their hair in church - even though i think it says it in the Bible in one of Paul's letters. And the Bible was written in a time when people married young, sometimes arranged marriages I think. In the old  Testament people had concubines and things! But they also didn't have contraception so if you became pregnant that was a real problem. I think that might be partially why sex after marriage was so encouraged. But I don't know.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Eleanor Edwards

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour and as such, I would be delighted to help you in your journey towards a personal relationship with God. I can answer (or try to answer!) questions about the bible and how to apply it to modern life. I would love to share with you as you learn how to live your life as an ambassador for Jesus. If you are feeling lonely and worthless and you need to know someone loves you, I'd be happy to give you a hug on Jesus' behalf and share with you how much He loves you.

I became a Christian 14 years ago and since then, have experienced both the wonderful times when God feels close and His purpose for my life is easy to see as well as the times when God has felt far away. In my late teens and early 20s I chose to ignore God and had no place for Him in my life. He was gracious enough to call me back to Him and I now try to live each day for His purpose. As a secondary school teacher, I have a lot of contact with young people. I also remember what it was like to be 15! I feel very passionately that God has a purpose for everyone's life and I strive to use mine to share His love with as many people as I can. I'm the secretary of our local church and the charity Give A Brick. We work with children and young people and as such, have a good understanding of the issues facing today's teens.