Christianity -- Christian Living/marriage

QUESTION: Yeah I'm on vacation, in Branson. I will ask you a question though, since you emailed. Common law marriage is big now. Is that OK with God, as he says just to marry before sex?

ANSWER: Hey Barney! What is this * on vacation *..... something one eats? Never had one, what is it like, being retired? LOL  Just kidding.. But to your query...

Here is the lesson Jesus teaches, if one has eyes to see and ears to hear...  John 4:15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come all the way hither to draw.
 16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
 17 The woman answered and said unto him, I have no husband. Jesus saith unto her, Thou saidst well, I have no husband:
 18 for thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: this hast thou said truly.
 19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

We know that God sees the heart. We can say with our mouth, but He knows the heart, by which He judges.

Here in this story, Jesus is revealing to us this womans heart attitude towards the man she is living with, and those others mentioned.  

To  her, in her heart,  they weren't as a husband, as Jesus depicted.  If the man she was with at the time was seen as her husband, in her heart, she would have ran home and brought him to Jesus..

I have known many couples who were living together as this woman, and if you has asked either of them to go bring your husband or your wife, they would comment, we aren't married, or she/he isn't my husband/wife. And the attitude of the heart would be revealed.

But I have know couples who have lived to gether, with children, and if asked to bring hither your husband or your wife, there would be no question that they would bring forth their partner..

See Barney, it all depends on the heart. And the heart attitude can be revealed by what comes out the mouth.

which is how we, as Christians are to judge with righteous judgement, as Jesus said,..  NOT by the outward action, but getting to the root of that which fills the heart..

A baby learning to walk falls often. If we were to judge the capability by the falls we wouldn't be right. They keep getting up, again and again, also revealing the attitude of the heart...

Sincerely In Christ
Mr Burns

On my way out to plow snow, so I'll be thinking of you on vacation... LOL

QUESTION: Mr. Burns, I have gotten several amounts of information from you, and many I have liked. But I am getting confused as to how you want me to ask you questions. Please let me know.

Hi Barney....  Just like this Barney, it works well. And I don't have to go into your ratings to find your comments on my  answers in order to re addressed your posting....  So just ask in this forum, and it works great.  Sound Okay?

Barney on this precept of marriage, I was wanting to take you out into a lot deeper waters on this, but I am not sure if you want to go further into the precept, especially since it involves the marriage of the Bride ( body of Christ/believers/Church,).....(and the Bridegroom (Jesus )!

You interested in getting a deeper understanding of spiritual thoughts, from spiritual words? 1 Cor. 2. ?

Mr B.

Christianity -- Christian Living

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

The Bible is a spiritual book, and must be interpreted with the same spirit who caused it to be written....

Over 30 years of being "led" of the Spirit has caused me to come to " Know " the living Christ, through the Spirit He supplies to all believers........

The Church, which is the body of believers world wide...

Master of Spiritual Theology

Called a "Son of God", born of Him, for Him, and through Him, is reward and honor enough!