Christianity -- Christian Living/Views on Marriage & Divorce?

Question
Hello there,
I am currently doing a religion assignment on how Christians view marriage and religion, and whether ones views on the topic come from the sacred text (in this case the Bible) or from somewhere else.
So i was wondering if you could help me out here.

1. Do you read the Bible much? If so, do you use its messages or teaching much in everyday life?
2. What are your views on marriage and divorce?
3. Does the Bible have an influence on or help shape your views of marriage and divorce?
4. If your views on marriage and divorce did not come from the bible, where did they come from? For example, Family, culture.
5. What are your views on homosexuality and homosexual marriage?

thank you :)

Answer
1. Do you read the Bible much? If so, do you use its messages or teaching much in everyday life?  Yes, I generally read the Bible daily and I try to live my life by it's message.

2. What are your views on marriage and divorce?  I believe that marriage is a solemn covenant between a man and a woman for life.  I believe that divorce is displeasing to God but in the case of an unfaithful spouse, the faithful one is free to divorce.  

3. Does the Bible have an influence on or help shape your views of marriage and divorce? Yes.

4. If your views on marriage and divorce did not come from the bible, where did they come from? For example, Family, culture. N/A

Romans chapter one  says,

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Basically, the Bible speaks out against homosexuality.  If God says that life style is wrong then it follows that same sex marriage would be wrong too.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marsha I.