Christianity -- Christian Living/denominations

Question
Sice I thought your answer on marriage was EXCELLENT (you know some of your colleages disagree with you, but i don't), here's another one: You say you can't answer questions about denominations, I assume then your church is non-denominational (which I prefer). I also assume you think that is the best one, since the statement you made alludes to it. So, my question pertains to all of this and especially why do you say you can't speak on this?

Answer
Dear Barney,

Thank you for the kind words! And yes, I believe that MESSIAH was stating HIS and HIS Father's heart when HE prayed that we "would be one even as HE and The Father are one..." (John 15)

Denominations, even the very word suggests division. IN The Father, through The Son, there is no division. In man's religion, division is the order of the day! LOL! Sure, The Father's very presence insists upon division (light from darkness, truth from lies, etc.) But HIS desire is that we would ALL walk in HIS light (HIS WORD) and enjoy fellowship with HIM and subsequently, with one another among those who do walk in HIS Truth! Denominations exist simply as the result of either "adding to" and/or "subtracting from" HIS WORD!

Deu 4:2  "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

HIS WORD is Truth (John 17:17) Remembering that when Messiah uttered these words, the ONLY Scriptures in existence at that time where those found in what today's Christendom refers to as "The OLD Testament" almost in an outdated sort of way...

Also remembering that the NEW Testament did not exist when Paul uttered these words;

2Ti 3:14  "You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

So you see, it is today as it has been; The Jews add to HIS WORD and come up with their own version, and the Gentiles subtract from HIS WORD and come up with our own version. BOTH are in opposition to what HIS WORD states! For example; The Law that the Jews lived by during JESUS' earthly ministry was an incorporation of GOD'S Word PLUS their own traditions. (Mat 15)
And, the Law that today's Christianity has deleted, saying that it is NOT relevant to believers today, has resulted in a Christianity that is literally "lawless", set up to receive "the man of lawlessness..." (The word "lawlessness" means in rejection of law - HIS Law!) Consider;

Mat 7:23  "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

2Th_2:3  Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

Because lawlessness prevails today, division results and denominations exist.

The reason that I stated that I am not one to ask regarding denominations, is because my own experience has been limited pertaining to personal involvement in various denominations. I can research their basis and continued theology, but so could any/all of the questioners on this forum. Thus, for me it would a waste of time unto redundancy...

May you walk in HIS Truth, separating IT from error and may the result be that you would have fellowship with The FATHER and with HIS SON!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron