Christianity -- Christian Living/on and off faith

Hi Pastor Ron

I'm a 14 year old male, and have never really talked to anybody about my faith. I'm struggling to keep faith because its like there is an off and on switch. One moment i feel this amazing feeling and nearly break down in tears, and i used to think this was the holy spirit entering me, and when this happens i am a full blown christian, reading the bible, praying and everything. The thing is this wonderful feeling only seems to last a few days and then i am left abandoned and confused. It's really difficult for me to explain this when not in person so I'm sorry if my question is not clear. I do my best to follow god but it seems like he is to busy for me? My family is falling apart, and all in all life just seems to be going downhill for me. I desperately need help and i have prayed to god for help and it just seems i never get an answer, like im forgotten. I try to find answers for my questions in the bible but that is really difficult for me. It seems like my faith is fading, and the lord doesn't seem to notice, despite my pleading for his help. I truly am sorry if my question is unclear, i just need help and have never asked anybody other than god for it. I have MANY questions more, about a relationship etc, but right now i just want to get my faith back on track.

Thank you

Dear Devon,

Considering that biblical faith is simply believing and obeying what THE CREATOR says, and that faith is given as a gift of HIS SPIRIT and an expression of HIS SPIRIT through those who are born of HIS SPIRIT, it is necessary to establish that first. Are you born of HIS SPIRIT? Consider;

Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of HIS KINGDOM;
Joh 3:6  that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit."

If you are NOT born of HIS SPIRIT, then you, (like myriads of others) are left to "do their best to follow" HIM. The problem is that they are trying to do that by their own strength or especially when they have that "feeling" that you describe. That "feeling" that you describe comes and goes and so does their best efforts to try and follow HIM.

Also, as you describe, they "prayed to HIM for help, but just seems that they never get an answer." Devon, if you are waiting for HIM to audibly speak to you, consider again;

Joh_10:27  according as I said to you: My sheep my voice do hear, and I know them, and they follow me,

In other words, HIS sheep (those who are born again) have the promise that they will hear HIS answers when they pray. Becoming one of HIS sheep does not come from inheritance (because one's parents are born again), nor does it come from going to church, or being born in America, or being a good person, (or trying to be:). It comes from asking HIM to show you in HIS WORD and then submitting yourself to that TRUTH. Consider;

Messiah prayed this (and remember this was BEFORE there was a New Testament written down, so HE had to be referring to the Scriptures of the Old Testament as "thy WORD"!) Joh 17:17  "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

It is important to attend a good bible believing and bible DOING fellowship of believers where HIS WORD is taught and APPLIED as HIS WORD says! That means NOT adding to HIS WORD and NOT subtracting from HIS WORD! Man made traditions, practices, holidays, etc. that are NOT found in HIS WORD are some of the additions. NOT applying Scriptures from the Old Testament are some of the subtractions. Much of professing Christianity is guilty of both of these additions/subtractions. That is why there is so much confusion among believers today! Consider;

Jer 16:19  "YAH, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit."

So, use the internet or your local library and begin to research the traditions, practices and holidays of today's Christianity and see if they have their origin in The Scriptures. Also, ask HIM to reveal HIS WORD to you! Ask HIM to give you HIS SPIRIT! Consider;

Luk 11:9  “And I say to you: ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you.
Luk 11:10  “For everyone asking receives, and he who is seeking finds, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened.
Luk 11:11  “And what father among you whose son asks for bread shall give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish shall give him a snake instead of a fish,
Luk 11:12  or if he asks for an egg shall give him a scorpion?
Luk 11:13  “If you then, being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father from heaven give the Set-apart Spirit to those asking Him!”

May you experience the blessing of HIS New Birth! And may HE guide you into HIS TRUTH as promised! May you receive the answers that ONLY HIS SPIRIT can give you! And may your heart be assured that HE is your FATHER and YOU are one of HIS SONS!

Rom 8:16  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Pastor Ron  

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron

I feel comfortable answering questions pertaining to all aspects of Christianity and the Bible. I have been able to help those who need biblical counseling in the areas of personal discipleship, bible study, study helps, prophecy, relationships, marriage, divorce, ministry, calling, gifts of the Spirit, demonology, etc. I cannot answer those questions pertaining to Denominational Christianity, since I have no experience nor understanding of it.

I have been involved in ministry since 1978 and have been a Senior Pastor since 1988. I have taught through the Bible three times. I have taught completely through the New Testament five times. I have taught Bible College courses in two Bible Colleges. Before I became a Christian in 1977, I was heavily involved in drugs and alcohol and have since worked with those who struggle with addictions of all kinds through counseling, rehab and deliverance ministries.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biblical Studies and have taught in two Bible Colleges.