Christianity -- Christian Living/marriage

Hey, I like talking to someone who has a different perspective. So try out your hand on marriage. Most I talk to says marriage is what everybody does---gets a preacher or judge to publically marry them, sign the certificate and get it to the courthouse, and waali, you're married. Is there other ways to get married?

Hi Barney,

In my opinion, marriage is an agreement between two people, and for me it is between a man and a woman. The State does not have to be involved. You do not need a license to get married. You only need a couple of witnesses. You want that agreement down on paper and signed by those witnesses.

There are also common law marriages. They are a lot like what I just described. They involve living together for a certain period and then you are thought to be married.

The disadvantage of getting a license is that you, your wife, and the state are party to the contract and therefore are partners in the proceeds, namely the children. I'd rather keep the state out of it as much as possible.

Graig :>D

Christianity -- Christian Living

Graig Yarbrough

I`m Graig. I can answer any question you have about God, Christ, the Bible and man`s relationship to God. I love talking about this subject and I have a unique perspective that you won`t find anywhere else. All of it is scripture-based. Give me a try.

I have been counseling here on AllExperts for over 15 years. I have many hours of counseling, both group and one on one, person to person. I have the gift of understanding things others do not see. I love sharing the knowledge I have.

Education/Credentials B.A. in Bible. Minor in English. Years of self-study. Years of counseling.