Christianity -- Christian Living/Speech

Are bad words allowed to when it doesn't stumble someone, but just meant to describe something, for example: "damn hot", "dumb exam", "oh shit". These are just expressions.

Here are some Scripture passages that talk about the use of our tongues and our speech. Please read these and decide if the language that you are in question about could be classified as gracious, as a good example to other believers, or is it rash, hasty, obscene or corrupting?  I hope this is helpful.

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Ecclesiastes 5:2
Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few.

Colossians 3:8
But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Marsha I.

I will be happy to answer questions about Christian living from a Biblical point of view. Questions about suffering, living with chronic illness, marriage, home schooling, interpersonal relationships, witnessing,theology and any others you want to ask are welcome. If I am not able to answer your question, I will tell you.

Living with chronic health conditions,and a spouse who suffers with Bipolar has taught me much about God's faithfulness and His desire to sanctify me through these things. I am also a home school mom of 16 years combined with two graduated. I have learned many things in God's school of hard knocks over the years and can draw from this experience as I answer questions from a Biblical point of view.

Port Cities Reformed Baptist Church
Port Cities Home Educators
AA Degree in Theology

My Blog

Bridal Shower Devotional Resource eBook by Marsha Iddings

Kindle Edition: Bridal Shower Talk Resource eBook

AA Degree in Theology

Please Visit Me at My Blog