Christianity -- Christian Living/God's love / anger

Hi, I havent sent you a question in years. Hope you are well.  God, through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit has healed me from MASSIVE and CHRONIC childhood trauma.  But there is one issue I am still dealing with.....and one question from that trauma.  My adopted mother molested me from infancy through my teenage years.  (I ran away from home).  I am now 51.  My adopted mother says she has never done anything wrong in her life and refuses Christ as Savior.  In prayer the other day God said to me, "I love her".  Which is totally understandable and I would expect nothing less from Him.  But where does God's wrath kick in?  When does God get angry at her for what she has done to me (and other children) and she knows it?  So could you help me to understand God loving her while at the same time (at some point in life) being angry with her for her choices?? Thank you and God bless you.. PS:  yes I am in therapy and have a great support system etc.  :)

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for this interesting question.   Here is how we can understand it:

1.  God loves everyone and does not want anyone to die in their sins, even though they deserve it.  He wants all to repent.

2 Peter 3:9 (AV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2.  Jesus loved us while we were still sinners.

Romans 5:68 (AV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

3.   The option for forgiveness and restoration is always available for your stepmother as long as she is still alive.  But as long as she does not believe, she is already under the wrath of God.

John 3:36 (AV)
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Yes if she does not repent she will face Hell, but she is facing her own private torture right now while she is in her sin, according to the above verse.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almost 20 years. I have been a Senior Pastor more than 4 years. My gifts abound in the counseling ministry as well as equipping believers to express their faith.

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College.