Christianity -- Christian Living/God's love / anger

QUESTION: My adopted mother molested me from infancy through teenage years.  I am now 51.  I have been saved for 17 years and have forgiven and healed from so much that both parents did to me, except this issue.  The other day as I was listening to God, He said, "I love her."  Which is completely understandable and a level of love that I will never be able to attain.  Here is my question.  I know God loves her... but when does she get into trouble with God?  When does He get angry with her?  She continually refuses Christ and says she has done nothing wrong, ever in her life.  When does the wrath of God or God's anger kick in towards her?? Thanks :) God bless and have a really nice day

ANSWER: Hi Cathy,
These are questions that no one can answer. We can be assured however that God's love is mixed with justice and mercy according to His will.

Be the person you can be, love, and forgive completely. If you truly do this that's what matters. The rest will take care of itself.

QUESTION: that is the worst answer I have ever gotten, in my whole life.  No sympathy, no understanding, no scripture.. I made a good choice my asking other experts who have answered previous questions.  Your answer a complete blanket statement that can be attributed to anyone and any situation.  If I was able to rate you, I'd give you an F. I am very very disappointed in your answer ... so many "clergy" "pastors" give this kind of answer.  No heart.  God bless.. hopefully you will allow the Holy Spirit to show you where you failed.  holy toledo !

Others may "tickle your ears" (II Timothy 4:3,4) Cathy, but the fact is you already now what you need to do and you haven't done it yet. You need to forgive them. You told me this at the beginning of your question.

I am very aware of the devastating abuses suffered by millions people. My heart goes out to you and others in such situations. But what you are asking is when God is going to punish another human being. No one can answer that for you as I said. If you dwell on the desire that another be punished (deserved or not) you will only cause yourself more sorrow and grief. This you know as well.

Here's a relevant Scripture for you: Psalms 103:12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

If you have truly forgiven this is how far such thoughts would be from you about their punishment. Faith is about trusting God to handle such things as punishment and about forgiving others as you would like to be forgiven.

Deuteronomy 32:39  See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Its not our call. He brings people to justice and He withholds justice. According to His Will.

When will He punish them? How on earth could I or you know that?.
You however would do well to stop punishing yourself by dwelling on what can not be changed. This world is very harsh place filled with injustices of every kind. You know that. We should focus on doing what can to make to make it a little less harsh.

We don't need more justice, we need more mercy because "Romans 3:23  all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." and again, Romans 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Their punishment is not your call to make. Whether you will forgive is.

You and I are about the same age. I'm a tad older. Although in different areas, my childhood was also very painful and abusive. But that was a very long time ago. If you truly have faith in God you must let this go and allow Him to deal with these people as He sees fit. Its not your call to make, nor is mine with my family.

God is control and Romans 8:28  we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Just pray that He shows you more mercy than you deserve.
And forgive them.

Christianity -- Christian Living

John of AllFaith

I believe the Bible should be understood from the perspective in which it was written: Judaism. Rebbe Y'shua (Jesus) was a first century Rabbinic Jew. I will be happy to discuss all aspects of Christianity, Judaism, biblical doctrine, prophecies, etc. from this perspective. The Bible offers a wealth of information to us! So if you are wondering what the Bible has to say on a given topic drop me a note.
I have experience with several different Christian denominations as well as Judaism and other religions.

44 Plus years of focus research and practice

Author of and and other websites and blogs.

Ordained independent Jewish rabbi, three Christian ordinations (Baptist, Calvary Chapel and an independent Christian Church), an MA in Religious Studies, an ordination in Ministry and Spiritual Counseling from the Interfaith Seminaries, 44 plus years of sincere seeking/practicing and 15 years answering questions and posting studies online.