Christianity -- Christian Living/God made the distance so perfect yet miserable, what does he say about long distance relationships

Question
Dear Ron,
My boyfriend and I are both believers in god, but like all people we get weak. I'm currently 16 (17in July) and my boyfriend is the same age (17in august) we have been together for a year and 17 months AND NEVER MET. we had met over facebook as simple talk, then he became my best friend and things got serious. Money is tight that's why I can't visit (he lives in my home town) we love each other and try our best to ignore the words people say that could bring us down.
Things have gotten harder lately. He broke up with me because the distance has become so much and it hurts him. Sometimes I think that HE thinks he's alone, when I'm fighting it just as much as him. I know god made us for each other no doubt in my mind (even though I still young) I don't believe our relationship is totally over, but I was wandering what the bible says about long distance relationships. Is there a scripture I can give him to help him?
Now more then ever I need help because I CANNOT lose him, iv lost him once before with my dumb, immature mistakes, and I'm surprised I even made it through that pain. God placed matthew back in my life the day after i said "i give up. I dont believe in god. He' give'n me nothing good since i moved," to my friend. later on I found god and everything got better over time and we got back together so we have been though A LOT with each other.
It'd mean so much to me if you could help out.
-Audrey

Answer
Dear Audrey,

I hear your cry and I'm just a simple man. YHWH hears it louder and clearer than I ever could!

Here are the verses that came to me as I read and considered your situation. May they give you both comfort in HIM!

Mat 6:25-34 NASB
(25)  "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
(26)  "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
(27)  "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
(28)  "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
(29)  yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
(30)  "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
(31)  "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
(32)  "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
(33)  "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
(34)  "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

The Scriptures say little about long distance relationships. However, they do say a lot about relationships! If you both are true disciples and you both want HIS will above your own, then HE is for you! (as stated above)

However, if either of you are not willing to allow HIM to work out HIS perfect will in and through your lives, then that means that you (if it is you who wants this young man more than your Heavenly Father) is dabbling in a form of idolatry (placing anything or anyone between you and YHWH). Or if it is the young man doing this, then it is the same sin. That is NOT good and will not end well...

But, if you both "walk in the light as HE is in the light" (light being HIS WORD), then you will have true communion and sweet fellowship with HIM! AND with any/all who do the same! Consider;

1Jn 1:6-9 NASB
(6)  If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;
(7)  but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
(8)  If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
(9)  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So, the best counsel that I can give you both is this; Walk according to HIS WORD, no matter what happens. HE will see you through anything / everything if you do so. If you both commit to doing that, you may have tough times but HE will show you how to overcome them. Whether you end up together or apart, you both must walk with HIM for it to end well...

May you be blessed in HIS Love! May HIS Spirit speak HIS Truth to your hearts! And may I meet you both in HIS Kingdom some day!

Sincerely,
Pastor Ron

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Ron