Christianity -- Christian Living/Hi pastor Don:

This is Cathy.  I emailed you (yesterday, i think) about God's love/anger.  I'm the one that was molested by my adopted mother for so many years.. Anyway, I ran into 2 Thessalonians 1:4.
"We proudly tell God's other churches about your endurance and faithfulness in all the persecutions and hardships you are suffering... and God will use this persecution to show his justice and to make you worthy of His Kingdom, for which you are suffering.  In His justice He will pay back those who persecute you"...
This scripture really spoke to me tonight and is exactly what I am dealing with now.   I am tied to my very mentally ill adopted mother financially.  It is God's path for me at this time.  It is so painful and I am suffering waiting for God to move on my behalf in this area and several others (all of them tie in together).  verse 6 says In His justice He will pay back those who persecute you.... How does God love my (literally crazy) adopted mother yet at the same time tell me that He will pay back her for persecuting me.  How does God's love and anger towards her choices in life work together... anyway, this is not another question... just another form of my first question. Hope you are having another good day.   God bless, Cathy .. ps: there was this John of AllFaiths on All Experts...he gives very very very bad answers,  not Godly at all.  I reached out to complain about him .. but just for my own sake, wanted to let you know too.  I am not expecting you do to anything.. just wanted to let you know.  God bless :)

Hi Cathy,

It seems like God is helping you.  I think that it is important you leave the judgment and punishment stuff up to God.  I know you want her to get what you feel she deserves... if we all got what we deserved we would be in Hell.  Part of living and loving the Christian life is totally surrendering our claim for retribution and letting God deal with that.

Romans 12:1921 (AV)
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Christianity -- Christian Living

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almost 20 years. I have been a Senior Pastor more than 4 years. My gifts abound in the counseling ministry as well as equipping believers to express their faith.

The Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College.