Christianity -- Christian Living/Sex

Question
Ok this may be a off the wall question but I am way to scared to ask my pastor. What is the view of masturbation in the Christian religion as well as I am married so I know sex is between a husband and his wife but sometimes I feel like we are still doing something wrong. I don't know like it's too dirty of sex or we do too much.

Answer
Hello Danielle,

That is a good question, yet a difficult one to answer. "Your question is not off the wall" I am going to respond as it relates to your belief system based upon your statement "But, sometimes I feel like we are doing something wrong" Tells me that this is something that is troubling to you.

It appears this is something that troubles your spirit, and if that is the case, "Then it is wrong for you" God is a God of peace. He wants to see his children at peace, not full of guilt. If this makes you feel guilty then it may be wrong for you.
Danielle, This is also something that you can pray about. God already knows your struggle, nothing surprises God or is to shameful to ask him.

God created sex for husband and wife in order to express their deep love for each other. He does not describe what you can or cannot do in the martial bed, but we are convicted when we do something that we believe is not pleasing to God, which will direct us to change. I realize that I did not give you a yes or no answer, that is because it is no a yes or no question. It is a personal question. Some couples may be comfortable with masturbation as a couple and some may not,it is a personal decision. I hope the response is helpful to you. If  you have any more questions or if I was not clear please feel free to writ again.
Blessings,
Dr. Swaby

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr.M. Swaby