Christianity -- Christian Living/alters

Question
We are being asked to have family alters, pray over our families place a seed offering then take the seed to church on sunday. Our pastor prays over the seed and says we have to counter attack the devils alters.how does this work in todays christian life when Jesus already paid the price.are they any verses concerning family alters in the new testament church to support this act

Answer
I am not familiar with family altars in your culture and context but in places where I live (Asia) family altars are places of worship rather than of respect. What you described i.e praying over the altars, etc appear to be against New testament teachings on idolatory and should be avoided.

Christianity -- Christian Living

Dr Eddy Cheong